Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1549 1550 [1551] 1552 1553 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3064518 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #23250 on: July 04, 2015, 10:59:09 pm »

trailer for the Overlord anime.

UUUGH! I hate it because I love it.

It is like MADE for me... So it is going to like turn into a Harem anime or something...

UGH!!! I love it so much I'd have bought this if it was the trailer of the videogame.
It's an abusive harem anime where the female characters all cycle between being really hardass before becoming utterly useless and then losing all relevance whatsoever!
I'm sorry I had to

Yeah, the closest thing to a love interest is one of the NPCs whose character profile he edited in the last minutes of the game to say, "She loves [charactername]," or something to that effect, and he's sort of freaked about it. Plus, as Frumple said, dude's a living spoopy skellington.
That's what he gets for not leaving her as a slut.

Though she did sort of proposition him, so apparently she at least thinks he's got some method of lovemakin'.

I'm just now hearing about this skeleton manga but the plot twist seems fairly obvious.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23251 on: July 04, 2015, 11:01:32 pm »

Yeah, the closest thing to a love interest is one of the NPCs whose character profile he edited in the last minutes of the game to say, "She loves [charactername]," or something to that effect, and he's sort of freaked about it. Plus, as Frumple said, dude's a living spoopy skellington.

Well let me fix that

Then the Lich seeing the boddesses of his devout followers asked them to rise, laying his skeletal finger on his favorite. Leading them to the back room he points without a word to a glass cylinder as a form slowly comes into view. It was an incredibly hot guy who had long white bishonen hair. "This is my new body" the Lich said. "But Lich-Sama, why do you need a living body?" at which he responds "We need to secretly go out amongst the living. Here, you must dress in this clothing and pretend to be my date".

And then they went on a totally wonderful date inside a human town.

It is like MADE for me... So it is going to like turn into a Harem anime or something...

UGH!!! I love it so much I'd have bought this if it was the trailer of the videogame.
It's an abusive harem anime where the female characters all cycle between being really hardass before becoming utterly useless and then losing all relevance whatsoever!
I'm sorry I had to

It is like a combination of everything I hate.

Well ok... it is missing a few things
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:03:40 pm by Neonivek »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23252 on: July 04, 2015, 11:11:15 pm »

So I watched Tales from Earthsea just yesterday. Another pretty damn decent Ghibli movie. It's reminiscent of Nausicaa though, in that it feels like it's just a small part of a much grander, greater story, but we could only see a tiny, dumbed down portion of it because of the 2 hour constraint placed on movies.

Still, I liked it.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #23253 on: July 04, 2015, 11:14:30 pm »

Well let me fix that

Then the Lich seeing the boddesses of his devout followers asked them to rise, laying his skeletal finger on his favorite. Leading them to the back room he points without a word to a glass cylinder as a form slowly comes into view. It was an incredibly hot guy who had long white bishonen hair. "This is my new body" the Lich said. "But Lich-Sama, why do you need a living body?" at which he responds "We need to secretly go out amongst the living. Here, you must dress in this clothing and pretend to be my date".

And then they went on a totally wonderful date inside a human town.

I'm sorry I had to

It is like a combination of everything I hate.

Well ok... it is missing a few things
Dun't worry, that was the point. IronyOwl was joking.

...I'm pretty sure at least
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23254 on: July 04, 2015, 11:15:17 pm »

"We need to secretly go out amongst the living. Here, you must dress in this clothing and pretend to be my date".
Nah, dude's actually pretty blatantly going out amongst the living. There is an illusion form that's basically a black knight, but the MC's already demonstrated he's pretty willing to waltz up to folks in his full calcified splendor. Got the firepower and minion support he's honestly not too worried about external reactions, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23255 on: July 04, 2015, 11:24:52 pm »

I'm just now hearing about this skeleton manga but the plot twist seems fairly obvious.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:32:57 pm by Reelya »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23256 on: July 04, 2015, 11:29:40 pm »

"We need to secretly go out amongst the living. Here, you must dress in this clothing and pretend to be my date".
Nah, dude's actually pretty blatantly going out amongst the living. There is an illusion form that's basically a black knight, but the MC's already demonstrated he's pretty willing to waltz up to folks in his full calcified splendor. Got the firepower and minion support he's honestly not too worried about external reactions, heh.
That, and, uh. Read on. He ditches her and goes off to be an adventurer with some minion. And fights a giant forest hamster.

I mean, it doesn't look like it's going to be particularly deep, but it's got the feeling of the fun sort of cliche-romp. He spent maybe fifteen minutes in this world and decided "Huh, I guess I wanna conquer it, just 'cause," fer crying out loud.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:32:54 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23257 on: July 04, 2015, 11:38:47 pm »

And fights a giant forest hamster

Ohh so this IS dungeons and dragons.

Giant Space Hamster

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23258 on: July 05, 2015, 12:13:39 pm »

He spent maybe fifteen minutes in this world and decided "Huh, I guess I wanna conquer it, just 'cause," fer crying out loud.
Naaaaah... the LN actually expands on that bit, and it's almost kinda' poignant. Not quite tear jerking, but it approaches it.
Ask not!
Ask!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #23259 on: July 05, 2015, 12:23:05 pm »

According to an /a/ thread, the first Overlord anime episode is supposed to air in 2 days.

I think the single thickest hive of weeaboos and otaku is relatively trustworthy when it comes to anime release dates. Don't know when to expect subs or if it will be streamed on Crunchyroll or any other anime sites. I guess google search it in 2 days.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23260 on: July 05, 2015, 02:19:22 pm »

Hm, thinking of watching Ghost in the Shell, what anime in that franchise should I start with?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #23261 on: July 05, 2015, 02:48:24 pm »

Either the original movie or Stand Alone Complex from what I've heard. Or read the manga.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23262 on: July 05, 2015, 04:51:44 pm »

According to an /a/ thread, the first Overlord anime episode is supposed to air in 2 days.

I think the single thickest hive of weeaboos and otaku is relatively trustworthy when it comes to anime release dates. Don't know when to expect subs or if it will be streamed on Crunchyroll or any other anime sites. I guess google search it in 2 days.
Why go for hearsay when they have sites such as anichart.net with the definitive dates?

If you want to know who has picked up shows there's also fansubdb.com
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 04:55:02 pm by Reelya »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23263 on: July 05, 2015, 06:53:05 pm »

And fights a giant forest hamster

Ohh so this IS dungeons and dragons.

Giant Space Hamster
No, no. Not giant space hamster.
I think about the best part of the giant hamster is that absolutely no one besides the MC actually sees it as what a mounts to an upsized hamster. Everyone else considers it a majestic beast of great wisdom and ferocity. Also it can talk. And cast spells! Fur like steel. Would fit well in one of those gorrilion fold meme mutations.

I don't yet know how much of a role the giant hamster is going to play in the rest of the series, but I can deeply appreciate that the writer willingly used a giant talking doom hamster as a notable character for, at least, part of a volume.

E: Things I was not expecting when reading the overlord LN: An illustration of four of the battle-maids recreating the Ginyu Force combined pose (minus the frog dude). I'd link it or something, but it's somewhat NSFW due to the burter equivalent. Volume 3, chapter 5 :V
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 10:27:11 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23264 on: July 05, 2015, 10:51:02 pm »

So I got around to watching Madhouse's 1978 anime film Chirin no Sozu, about the life of a kawaii little lamb. First impressions, this is very cute, in old-timey Disney type style...
I recommend this if you have 45 minutes to spare. Charming and engaging, and also perfect for entertaining your little tots!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 12:55:53 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1549 1550 [1551] 1552 1553 ... 2193