Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3057859 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #570 on: July 03, 2009, 01:27:33 am »

In that case what about torrenting?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 03, 2009, 01:49:48 am »

that is a bit hairier, as it would result in me having it on my harddrive... not that I'll ever let anyone look there, but I'm a paranoid. I'm not paranoid enough to be impossible to convince thou.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 03, 2009, 03:49:33 am »

im would like to see where your getting this information, because i doubt a company buys a japanese anime, now owns it and controls everything about it, and out of every fansub/fandub/other language dubs out there only english fansubs are targetted....

Common sense.

I don't see where the fuck you coming from with these arguments you put out.

One company doesn't buy out all the anime and attempts to sue every single person who fansubs.

It's the companies which produce and distribute the anime.

These companies own the content they produce, and/or distribute.

Fansubbers replicate said contents, attach a translation, and distribute the items for free.

Therefore the companies who made it have the legal right to take action against fansubbers, logically making fansubs illegal. Most companies however don't do this because 1. They will earn the majority of their money in Japan. 2. Most people in Japan don't use fansubs to watch anime. 3. It is a painful and nearly impossible to remove the fansubs, so most don't even try.

THIS IS ABOUT LEGALITY, NOT MORALS, OR WHETHER OR NOT IT'S FAIR. (I have to make my point on this.)

This is because Armok requested free legal anime.

japanese dont need to read the subs to watch anime, im pretty sure america, with 10 times as many people which most of have a computer and a lot of free time and money, would be more of a cow to milk for money for these things. fansubs are not hard to remove you ask the owners of the site to remove them and if its illegal they remove them.

common sense does not tell you the buying process of the ownership of the anime or if the companies actually own the raw version. they you would need a source of information for, so until you find one i doubt i will ever belive you. common sense does however state that since anilinkz makes most of its own subs, and is a legal site, that no companies making them close down shows that what they are doing is not legal.

Armok, go with anilinkz.com, no threat of anime disappearing there.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 03, 2009, 04:52:32 am »

It looks like anilinkz.com were the place were the Code Geass episodes I were waching were osted to, so that is probably settled as ending up my main anime source, althou the future is never decided untill it happens. Thanks for all the help evryone who have helped.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 03, 2009, 09:30:47 am »

I wonder

Why don't Fandubbers if they want to be entirely moral about it just make the captions seperate from the anime and create a program that combines them?

(Ehh nevermind too much work)
Actually, most fansubs these days do use softsubs, eg. separate subs that can be turned on or off, or even separated into a distinct file.

The main reason they are still bundled is for quality reasons: Applying a softsub to some random raw will often create minor (or not so minor..) timing issues, and also the fansub groups do a lot of cleanup on the raws when bundling, not to mention picking a high-quality one in the first place.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 03, 2009, 09:37:46 am »

In that case what about torrenting?
Torrenting itself is not illegal, some mmo's use it to allow people to download the client. It just happens that torrents are usually the media that stolen or grey area content get moved by.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 03, 2009, 09:43:43 am »

I'm watching Shakugan no Shana now...
Seems interesting.

I loved that show, had some really (actually) epic fights.

What's that about?
In American Anime the Hero often wins their important battles through desperation, lastability, intelligence, and luck
In Japanese Anime the Hero often wins by overpowering their opponent usually after the above doesn't work or even if the above works.

Does anyone here dislike the "I am more powerful then you" Hero victory Scenario? Some of the best battles I've seen was when the Hero was incredably outclassed.

The funny thing is that in Shakugan no Shana she doesn't always win.
Quite a few people are stronger than her.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 03, 2009, 09:53:27 am »

Yeah.
Opening scene is awesome.
The 3D machinary is AWESOME, too!

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #578 on: July 03, 2009, 09:56:21 am »

japanese dont need to read the subs to watch anime, im pretty sure america, with 10 times as many people which most of have a computer and a lot of free time and money, would be more of a cow to milk for money for these things. fansubs are not hard to remove you ask the owners of the site to remove them and if its illegal they remove them.

common sense does not tell you the buying process of the ownership of the anime or if the companies actually own the raw version. they you would need a source of information for, so until you find one i doubt i will ever belive you. common sense does however state that since anilinkz makes most of its own subs, and is a legal site, that no companies making them close down shows that what they are doing is not legal.

Armok, go with anilinkz.com, no threat of anime disappearing there.

And do I need to say these things which I'm attempting to point out?

1. Even if the fansubs were removed, it would be too easy to to just reupload the, as the circulation of such would be impossible to remove.
2. Do you not fucking get it? I'm speaking of the bloody companies/studios that produce, and/or distribute the anime... If you need a few examples here they are: Gainax, Studio Deen, and ARMS. These companies buy the right to use various works, (Manga, books, movies, light novels.)
 with a few exceptions, NOT buy the anime.
3. Those companies have the legal right to remove fansubs of content they produced, since they illegally replicate said contents.
4. Therefore fansubs are illegal.
5. Most companies I'm speaking of, ignore this due to this usually not affecting sales.
6. They also usually ignore this because licensors usually remove them in attempts to increase sales.
7. SOME of the websites YOU speak of own the liscence to the anime, therefore NOT making it a funsub.
8. Sometimes despite being obviously being illegal it often takes a ridiculously long time for such contents to be removed, despite its adamant policies on the subject. Take YouTube for an example.
9. This argument started because you said that Veoh was legal because they didn't remove fansubs.
10. This argument is about whether or not fansubs are illegal.
11. This isn't about whether or not it will get removed.
12. This isn't about companies buying anime.
13. I'm REALLY TIRED OF THIS "DEBATE".

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 03, 2009, 10:00:20 am »

Yeah.
Opening scene is awesome.
The 3D machinary is AWESOME, too!

It was the third anime I ever watched I believe, and it made me start eating melon bread.

There are some disturbing parts of the show, but it's awesome.

Rammie the Corpse Retriever all the way.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 03, 2009, 04:26:42 pm »

where did you find melon bread? i want to try it.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 03, 2009, 04:28:14 pm »

where did you find melon bread? i want to try it.

My mom made some.
It tastes sooo good. ♥

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 03, 2009, 04:29:20 pm »

No fair... I want some too.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Angellus

« Reply #583 on: July 04, 2009, 07:06:29 am »

Melon bread looks nice...
Does it actually taste like melon?

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 04, 2009, 07:15:43 am »

Melon bread looks nice...
Does it actually taste like melon?

No, it's called that because of how it looks.
It tastes like sweet cookie dough.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 2193