Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1518 1519 [1520] 1521 1522 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058330 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #22785 on: May 21, 2015, 06:44:03 pm »

Trying to work something out about the Hellsing series.
Spoiler: Hellsing Spoilers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22786 on: May 21, 2015, 06:46:32 pm »

Whatever I'll consider Zero to be Knight Gundam's Younger Brother.

I hope they make an anime one day where Knight Gundam and Winged Knight Zero go on a picnic

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22787 on: May 21, 2015, 08:44:54 pm »

All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22788 on: May 21, 2015, 09:21:05 pm »

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

darokindefender

• Bay Watcher
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
« Reply #22789 on: May 21, 2015, 11:02:43 pm »

I certainly like anime.

Just finished watching Dog & Scissors.  Should've watched it sooner.  I like comedy animes for the most part.  Moving on to Aesthetic of a Rogue Hero, another one I've been meaning to watch for a long time.
Wait how did that even happen?

Oh ... nevermind. Apparently the one year old Kivish Ilidcatten is strong enough to take on a GCS. I don't even...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22790 on: May 21, 2015, 11:12:38 pm »

I certainly like anime.

Just finished watching Dog & Scissors.  Should've watched it sooner.  I like comedy animes for the most part.  Moving on to Aesthetic of a Rogue Hero, another one I've been meaning to watch for a long time.

I am scared to watch it because while the premise is interesting... the heavy dose of animal abuse as the very first thing I seen... scares me.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22791 on: May 22, 2015, 01:15:35 am »

All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22792 on: May 22, 2015, 05:04:01 am »

I certainly like anime.

I am scared to watch it because while the premise is interesting... the heavy dose of animal abuse as the very first thing I seen... scares me.
I didn't really like Dog And Scissors. The humor fell flat for me. I'd put it pretty low on the scale of ecchi/harem anime for value, personally.

Aesthetic of a Rogue Hero is a bit better, though be warned, literally every episode is furnished with one scene where big boobies pop out in full view. It was done in such a blatantly obvious fashion that each ep I was mainly wondering when the "boob moment" would come. It is a lot more funny that Dog and Scissors though.

A couple with similar vibe that I enjoyed more:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/13535/Binbougami_ga!
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7088/Ichiban_Ushiro_no_Daimaou
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 05:09:09 am by Reelya »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #22793 on: May 22, 2015, 05:03:56 pm »

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 05:06:08 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22794 on: May 22, 2015, 05:23:51 pm »

Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22795 on: May 22, 2015, 05:33:48 pm »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #22796 on: May 22, 2015, 05:38:38 pm »

... is the anime better than the light novels? Because the LNs were... basically trash. Some of the clumsiest written cookie-cutter harem-antic drivel I've seen in a while, and I say that as someone that was half-heartedly defending harem-antic drivel not too far back. It was... bad, by and large.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22797 on: May 22, 2015, 06:28:04 pm »

... is the anime better than the light novels? Because the LNs were... basically trash. Some of the clumsiest written cookie-cutter harem-antic drivel I've seen in a while, and I say that as someone that was half-heartedly defending harem-antic drivel not too far back. It was... bad, by and large.

No, it's pretty much still that. A friend made me watch it some years back and the only thing that sticks out in my mind besides all the full-frontal nudity and sexual harassment was that time the main character punches out a dragon, and

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #22798 on: May 22, 2015, 06:37:43 pm »

Just finished Idolm@ster Xenoglossia. Turned out to be surprisingly good.

Basically in 2007 ago they asked Sunrise to make an Idolm@ster anime. Sunrise proceeded to instead make a mecha anime with the majority of the cast made up of Idolm@ster characters. Kinda ingenious when you think about it considering Idol acting stuff and all that. But yeah, it's actually pretty good. You don't even need any IM@S knowledge to watch it if you're afraid of having to slog through that. Too bad it pissed off the Idolm@ster fanbase so much that it bombed.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 12:50:02 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #22799 on: May 22, 2015, 09:10:53 pm »

Watched Jin-Roh: the Wolf Brigade today. picked it up on DVD for $10 at a Half Price Books.

I liked it. There were a few times I questioned what was going on, but the plot all came together in the end. Feel like the end kinda left things hanging, but oh well. I suppose the plot wasn't based on the conflict between the terrorist anti-government groups and the police groups, but instead focused on the two main characters and how the police's actions revolved around them. So it makes sense to end the movie when it does and leave the conclusion in the conflict between the terrorists and police hanging, because that wasn't the focus of the movie.

Spoiler: ending spoilers (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 1518 1519 [1520] 1521 1522 ... 2193