Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1500 1501 [1502] 1503 1504 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058449 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #22515 on: May 07, 2015, 05:04:22 pm »

Ok Yu-Gi-Oh I see what you are doing here

So the female lead hears the previously defeated villain's plan to basically construct a deck based around just defeating his.

So she bursts into the villains layer with plans to stop him and challenges him to a duel on the spot.

I am just going to write this BEFORE I know how it ends.

But this could actually be pretty interesting. I mean we haven't seen too much of her dueling style but she is supposed to be on par or about as skilled as our male lead. As well the fact that she actually takes a proactive approach and protects the male lead without him even knowing of it means that she is currently being treated as a character rather than a prop.

And it isn't like the series has lacked strong female characters.

Some go on show, impress me!

---

Ok that was fast

She... never duels. A completely separate male character who never existed before this episode waltzes in and duels INSTEAD of her... refuses to let her duel even after she insists that she should be the one dueling and that he is interfering... and he says he is doing so to "protect her from being hurt" while the other characters call him the Knight saving the princess

Thank goodness I didn't make the mistake of actually becoming invested in her character... could you imagine that? Ohh wait I kind of was... the set up was good.

Though I was sort of hoping this series would have been... better... I shouldn't be praising Vanguard but yeah Vanguard is better then this.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:09:59 pm by Neonivek »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22516 on: May 07, 2015, 05:16:23 pm »

Should've warned you that all I remember Tea for is friendship speeches....
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22517 on: May 07, 2015, 05:32:25 pm »

Should've warned you that all I remember Tea for is friendship speeches....

Hey Tea technically won all her duels and all her challenges.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22518 on: May 07, 2015, 05:38:42 pm »

Yuzu does actually improve a lot later on, she gets her own story arc and starts winning a lot more duels.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22519 on: May 07, 2015, 05:53:05 pm »

Yuzu does actually improve a lot later on, she gets her own story arc and starts winning a lot more duels.

I am glad since this "Go back to the kitchen" moment gave me horrible Lunar flashbacks.

Though female leads getting their own story arc isn't uncommon (heck it isn't too uncommon for them to have a connection to the main plot while our hero has none). Them being the solution to their own story arc though is much more rare.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:55:39 pm by Neonivek »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22520 on: May 07, 2015, 05:59:01 pm »

Actually I think I used the wrong words sorry, its a character arc for her and not a story arc really. She gets her own rival in a couple more episodes and then she starts training to be able to beat her.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22521 on: May 07, 2015, 06:00:17 pm »

Actually I think I used the wrong words sorry, its a character arc for her and not a story arc really. She gets her own rival in a couple more episodes and then she starts training to be able to beat her.

Ok let me see... She is a female which means her rival is definitely female... and I am guessing they are rivals out of pettiness.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22522 on: May 07, 2015, 06:01:45 pm »

Nope, she loses a duel against her and realises she isn't strong enough to protect people. She finds a mentor and starts training to be able to do so.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22523 on: May 07, 2015, 06:02:53 pm »

Nope, she loses a duel against her and realises she isn't strong enough to protect people. She finds a mentor and starts training to be able to do so.

WOW! that is a VAST improvement over Gundam Build Fighters Try where they are basically rivals for no reason then someone told them to be (and then later because they both like the same guy)

Ok I have some hope for this series. Maybe it will pull something really neat like she beats a previous arc's main villain... or actually faces off against the show's main villain (Which to date I believe only Alexis has ever done... and only in one arc... and I believe she loses off screen)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:11:49 pm by Neonivek »

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22524 on: May 07, 2015, 06:14:44 pm »

I want to try watch the whole gundam series in release order, but it seems WAY too big to tackle, esp. with the time I have :L
Any idea on the best place to start/what I should avoid?
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22525 on: May 07, 2015, 06:16:42 pm »

Here you go, enjoy.

More/less helpfully: I've only watched the first series and half of Zeta (I'm kinda dragging my feet here, I know) so I can't offer much advice. Sorry.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22526 on: May 07, 2015, 06:17:53 pm »

I want to try watch the whole gundam series in release order, but it seems WAY too big to tackle, esp. with the time I have :L
Any idea on the best place to start/what I should avoid?
Avoid SEED and SEED Destiny. Other than that, it's largely down to your specific preferences re: animation quality/age, type of plot, &c. 08th MS Team, G Gundam, and Gundam Wing would be a decent range of series to start with if you don't mind not going in strict chronological order for the UC shows.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22527 on: May 07, 2015, 06:31:37 pm »

Seed is one of the few onesI  have heard of, why should I avoid that?
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #22528 on: May 07, 2015, 06:35:10 pm »

Basically uh it was designed to draw in new audiences by appealing to the most common denominator through lots of gratuitous stuff and soap opera writing, and has a lot of plotholes and misuse of setting details as a result. SEED itself is kinda below-good to mediocre, but SEED Destiny is considered the worst Gundam ever made.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22529 on: May 07, 2015, 06:40:16 pm »

Yeah, you can get away with watching SEED if you don't mind lazy writing. SEED Destiny, though... that's worse than gouging out your own eyes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1500 1501 [1502] 1503 1504 ... 2193