Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1496 1497 [1498] 1499 1500 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058578 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #22455 on: May 06, 2015, 09:00:38 am »

Neon, you appear to have a hate-boner.

This is perfectly natural, and completely fine to have, but its less fine when you take your hate-boner out and shove it in peoples faces every ten minutes and then ask them to rub it when they try to leave.

Hate-boners are a very personal thing you should only share with your soulhate.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22456 on: May 06, 2015, 09:03:58 am »

This is perfectly natural, and completely fine to have, but its less fine when you take your hate-boner out and shove it in peoples faces every ten minutes and then ask them to rub it when they try to leave.

Ohhh? Let me show you EXACTLY what post caused people to jump down my throat

As for "Nitpicking" I dunno... I'll never forgive Zero for what it does.

DONE! Freeken done...

but no... even you BFEL feel like you need to take a shot at me and force me to defend my dislike and my ability to express it.

So fine... Lets NOT leave it alone... Lets just force me along more... I am not an idiot, I am not going to suddenly start trolling or flaming so you can get be banned like people you don't like in 4chan. I am not going to back down either and allow people to state that my thoughts and feelings of said anime are invalid or that sharing said thoughts is invalid.

So Round 5.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:06:06 am by Neonivek »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22457 on: May 06, 2015, 09:04:55 am »

Preach it brother. The Church of Good Vibes can always use more converts.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22458 on: May 06, 2015, 09:10:58 am »

Everyone please take a chill pill.

Neon Genesis: If you dislike the anime that much, do something productive with that.  Promote animes that aren't abusive, start a petition to the author to end that LN, etc.  But don't just rage away in the thread.  Pure rage is a great way to draw the Toad's ire.

I think you're probably right and that if I knew what you were talking about I'd be pissed too.  But don't just endlessly rage in the thread against that particular anime.  You are the one who won't let the whole subject drop.  Just acknowledge what other people say and walk away.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22459 on: May 06, 2015, 09:12:22 am »

Just respect my view that she is a horrible abusive person because the anime doesn't pretend she isn't... I just don't find it funny and I especially do not find it sexy.

As well do not assume I am humorless because I don't find this funny. It is fully possible to like the Three Stooges and not ZnT. I hardly go after people who find Inuyasha (Kagome specifically from the show) abusive because "They didn't get the joke".

Don't give me that "Ohh Neonivek, your the only one stretching it out" nonsense.

Ohh crud you are ban baiting me.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:16:15 am by Neonivek »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22460 on: May 06, 2015, 09:14:38 am »

Lets call Neonivek out some more!

Ok let me ask... Why did you comment on it?
Because to be quite frank I'm sick of reading over page after page of this thread and have it be mostly point-counterpoint over whether or not this anime is abusive.  You're not solely at fault by any stretch of the imagination, but you've been the most vocal of anyone in that debate so I'm talking directly to you.

Also, please don't do the obnoxious "change the text of the person's quote to match how you read it" thing.

Edit: *Sigh*

Just let it go, Neon.  You don't have to have the last word.  I'm trying to diffuse this whole thing before it becomes a problem, and you're taking it as more fuel on the fire.  This is my last post on this subject matter (not the thread as a whole, though), because there's nothing more I can do here.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:17:54 am by 4maskwolf »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22461 on: May 06, 2015, 09:17:03 am »

Then you let it go.

Believe it or not... all anyone had to do to stop this was not comment and not stretch it out. Or better yet not do a faux neutral comment... Or better yet not call me out specifically when you want this line of discussion over... a "Hey this ZnT discussion is getting a bit uncomfortable, can we change the topic" is much better then "Neonivek stop discussing!"

You just kept expecting that eventually I'd give up or get fed up.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:22:35 am by Neonivek »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22462 on: May 06, 2015, 09:21:03 am »

Okay then? How's that Jojo, eh?
Coke bottle finger breaking? Cool, eh?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22463 on: May 06, 2015, 09:25:37 am »

Let's have another round of "recommend anime to 4mask" :P

Actually, I still have to get through the massive list you all gave me last time.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22464 on: May 06, 2015, 09:30:36 am »

Actually, I still have to get through the massive list you all gave me last time.
Let's start out easy here, 'cause I don't remember: what have you seen/put on your to-do list?

The reality, of course, is that without mind control, a relationship like that would crash and burn like goddamn, probably incinerating significant portions of the countryside considering both the characters in question are what amounts to magical WMDs.

Man, I reaaaaaally hate to do this, but that's another bit of bad fanon. When the runes go away, y'know what happens? He gets hit with a massive burst of homesickness, because that's what they were blocking. And then, a short time later, he realizes that he still loves her, and that the runes had nothing to do with that. Literally all they do, apart from the magic superpower, is make it so that he doesn't mind not being at home. It's the moment that pretty definitively solidifies their relationship because they both know that it's them and not magic doing it.

'course, it's still a shit story. And that's what I'm preaching here: It's not wrong to hate terrible writing, but hate it for the right reasons, for the awful crap that the author actually wrote, rather than the awful crap that even worse fanfiction writers have made up because they couldn't even manage to get two-tone flat characters to come out realistically and had to resort to sheets of paper with "horrid bitch" and "useless pervert" written on them over and over like a version of The Shining where Jack Torrance doesn't go bad, he goes worse.

This has been a message from the society for factually correct fiction-bashing.  :P

--

As an aside, yeah, Neo, I can see how ZnT is a bad choice for someone who has been in an abusive relationship. Of course, I'd say the same for any series that uses the tsundere female lead and vapid pervert asshole male lead archetypes, because they always, predictably, go the exact same way: VPAML does something stupid, TFL hits him, idiots laugh.

I wouldn't recommend Rambo to someone with PTSD either, but that doesn't mean that nobody should watch/read it, or that it's equivalent to Saw. That said, Rambo at least has the redeeming feature of being mildly entertaining, and I doubt anyone would claim that for ZnT.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22465 on: May 06, 2015, 09:35:32 am »

Let's start out easy here, 'cause I don't remember: what have you seen/put on your to-do list?
That was a joke, I have too many already.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22466 on: May 06, 2015, 09:38:29 am »

That was a joke, I have too many already.
No such thing m80.

gods I actually typed that, excuse me while I go find a desk that won't break when my face hits it

3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22467 on: May 06, 2015, 09:43:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't really like to suggest ongoing anime since it can always turn out bad (Attack on Titan being a good example of an anime that had less quality as it went along) or lose why people like it in the first place.

But unfortunately the last few animes I've seen I couldn't recommend.

Maybe... Korean Liars Game... but that is a live action show and Korean.

Live Action Japanese Liars Game... is excellent though over dramatic for a live action show.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22468 on: May 06, 2015, 09:47:12 am »

Sorry man, not trying to get the last word, I've just got this compulsive desire to push for understanding and clarity, and I was being a bit of an ass last night, and this is swiftly turning into a run-on sentence.

But yeah, I haven't actually pinged onto any new-new good series yet. Been pretty busy, so it might just be me, though.

3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #22469 on: May 06, 2015, 10:36:56 am »

So apprently Digimon Adventures Tri is gonna be a series of 6 movies instead of a full show. Not sure how to feel about that. On the bright side...

MOTHERFUCKING ALPHAMON
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 11:04:13 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 1496 1497 [1498] 1499 1500 ... 2193