Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1487 1488 [1489] 1490 1491 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3060740 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #22320 on: May 03, 2015, 02:44:06 am »

because the only special cero-users we've seen are Arrancars - something that Hollow Ichigo isn't

Given this is Bleach... I wouldn't bank on that being the case forever or even the case right now.

Ichigo already midmaxes like a monster what with him taking every half-something in the dnd manual.

What is he now, again? Half Shinigami-human-hollow-quincy-bount-demon-elf-wizard etcetcetcetc. If there's some sort of different species in Bleach, you can be sure that Ichigo is part of it.

In regards to the thing with Ceros, I was personally always under the impression that WTFIchigo just had absurd raw power and that's why he crushed Ulquiorra.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22321 on: May 03, 2015, 04:53:11 am »

I'm watching these short DVD specials from a 2014 idol anime called Wake Up Girls. This is the first time I'm finding the shorts (Wake Up Girls Zoo) much more entertaining than the actual series. But I think this says more about the quality of the main show than the shorts.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22322 on: May 03, 2015, 05:54:30 am »

What is he now, again? Half Shinigami-human-hollow-quincy-bount-demon-elf-wizard etcetcetcetc.
He was half Zanpakuto at one point as well, during the fight with Aizen, specifically.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22323 on: May 03, 2015, 07:32:15 am »

What is he now, again? Half Shinigami-human-hollow-quincy-bount-demon-elf-wizard etcetcetcetc.
He was half Zanpakuto at one point as well, during the fight with Aizen, specifically.
That's not even being "Half" anything, that is just being a Mutt.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #22324 on: May 03, 2015, 09:53:05 am »

Quote from: Andres

Ah, forgot about that one. The actual end of the series.

I'm pretty sure it's specifically referred to as 'half' every time it's mentioned, however.
The circle is complete.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22325 on: May 03, 2015, 10:04:19 am »

I just realized, Ichigo's in some homebrew D&D game where the DM let his player get away with half a dozen half-X templates. xD

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #22326 on: May 03, 2015, 10:16:06 am »

Yeah, Neonivek mentioned that earlier.

I'm pretty much done with Bleach, and consider the end of the series to be shortly after Aizen is captured, with Ichigo losing his powers permanently and returning to a relatively normal life. He is still visited by his SS friends, but no massive threats ever show up again. Eventually, he dies and goes to SS properly, regaining his a abilities and blah de blah de blah. Something something planned all along.

The story at the moment makes absolutely no fucking sense. it has gone on for WAY too long. Seriously, even though I love Ulquiorra (obviously) I think even the parts leading up to Aizen getting defeated may have stretched on a bit long, and that stuff had been built up to since like a 5th of the way into the god damn series.

Also, it seems to heavily suffer from 'Er, who the hell are you and why should I care?' syndrome. I feel pretty much NO connection to any of the characters. There's just too many of them with too little development.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 10:30:04 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22327 on: May 03, 2015, 03:51:08 pm »

I actually liked the Fullbringer arc.
Spoiler: Bleach Spoilers (click to show/hide)
Oh, and they only explained their powers outside of combat, which was a breath of fresh air for those of us who disliked that massive breach of common sense.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22328 on: May 03, 2015, 04:28:22 pm »

Just watched shin sekai yori, that was one hell of a ride o.0
Just search for the post a year ago in this thread if you want a desc, Furtuka does it better than I can~
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22329 on: May 03, 2015, 05:11:12 pm »

Just watched shin sekai yori, that was one hell of a ride o.0

I should really get around to finishing that one of these days.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22330 on: May 03, 2015, 05:23:19 pm »

Getting back to the argument, though, I doubt Hollow Ichigo had any special ceros on the basis that "he might have" and also because the only special cero-users we've seen are Arrancars - something that Hollow Ichigo isn't.
This turns out to be false, actually. The Mashiro Super Cero belongs to Mashiro Kuna, a Visored. I still maintain that Hollow Ichigo had no special ceros up his sleeve (or at least never used any), though it may have been possible for him to create one.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #22331 on: May 03, 2015, 05:30:00 pm »

It's ultimately pointless arguing about it anyway, since Ichigo's Cero didn't really display any special powers if I remember correctly, and at the point he used it he probably could have broken Ul's Oscuras with his eyelashes.
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22332 on: May 03, 2015, 06:09:31 pm »

I have to give it to "Uta no Prince Sama", out of every popstar boy band I've seen in anime they are probably the most convincing.

Mostly because they don't have a ultra clean image. Their songs are subtly sexual like all boy bands are. (season 2 more so then season 1... Pelvic thrusts really? damn!)

*sigh* can't really hide that I actually do like this anime and am hoping that season 2 and 3 are good...

Yet unfortunately unlike say Cordon La Cordio... This one is VERY embarrassingly to admit you like. In fact this is probably the most embarrassing anime I like.

I mean I'll admit I like Mermaid Melody and that is somehow less embarrassing.

I can't seem to put my hand on EXACTLY why it is so embarrassing.

---

On a side note I've been thinking of Yakkate Japan some more... and I've come to a realization.

My favorite character from that show is Kiddo... Who neither a main nor side character. He appears only in flashbacks and is meant to be a ultra-stereotypical American (Though kind of more like a Movie character). With his main defining trait being that he always looks directly towards the screen with the same face and expression. He is also used in any role that requires an American, my favorite is when he was a Lawyer during a story about a woman who microwaved her dog and sued the microwave company.

Has anyone ever had a favorite character in an anime who was completely superfluous to it?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 06:16:46 pm by Neonivek »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #22333 on: May 03, 2015, 06:46:18 pm »

There's been a fair amount of fairly interesting (and a great deal of thoroughly uninteresting) fanfiction based off just that premise, yes. Can't recall any at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I've had the same thing happen to me, too. Occasionally some bit or passing character just kinda' catches your fancy more than... well, the rest of the cast. Seems particularly likely in those cases where there's a very interesting premise/wold construction but less than stellar main plot/characterization.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22334 on: May 03, 2015, 06:59:43 pm »

So I missed the alert by a week or two, but the sixth episode of SAO Abridged is out, and it continues to not only be quite funny, but also to have better plot and character development than the actual series.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1487 1488 [1489] 1490 1491 ... 2193