Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1486 1487 [1488] 1489 1490 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3060781 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #22305 on: May 01, 2015, 10:05:13 pm »

Dammit, that was just so much ass-pullage holy shit.
Spoiler: Jojo spoilers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is the correct response.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22306 on: May 02, 2015, 01:02:11 am »

Which is more powerful, the Cero Oscuras or the Gran Rey Cero?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22307 on: May 02, 2015, 02:36:07 am »

Which is more powerful, the Cero Oscuras or the Gran Rey Cero?
No idea. IIRC, they were both forbidden from being used in Las Noches, but I'm probably wrong.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22308 on: May 02, 2015, 10:18:47 am »

Time to display my filthy secondary knowledge:

Each has only been used once, and not under identical conditions. What we do know is that GRC is forbidden to use in Las Noches while CO is not. However, when CO is used, it wrecks much of the dome over Las Noches -- the same effect that CO is banned to prevent, though that is referred to as being total destruction. Furthermore, the one use of GRC wasn't actually that impressive, while the one use of CO wrecked Ichigo's shit and broke his mask completely. There's also a translation issue, IIRC Ulquiorra called CO "The strongest Cero in our released form." That implies that, while in an Arrancar's released state, CO is either the strongest form of the ordinary Cero, or the strongest variant of the Cero, which have radically different meanings. Furthermore, we have only two samples -- we've never seen GRC used in someone's released form, and we're relying solely on two datapoints and a vague line of dialogue to discuss power levels in a shonen series to try to determine which of the big glowy special effects energy blasts is more powerful.

tl;dr: Nobody fucking knows.

Addendum: I'm ashamed to know this much about a series I never watched or read past the first arc because of the sheer volume of crap available for media osmosis.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22309 on: May 02, 2015, 01:06:39 pm »

The answer is, "Whatever that idiotic cero Vasto Lorde Ichigo used to vape Ulquiorra is called."
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22310 on: May 02, 2015, 03:22:42 pm »

Time to display my filthy secondary knowledge:

Each has only been used once, and not under identical conditions. What we do know is that GRC is forbidden to use in Las Noches while CO is not. However, when CO is used, it wrecks much of the dome over Las Noches -- the same effect that CO is banned to prevent, though that is referred to as being total destruction. Furthermore, the one use of GRC wasn't actually that impressive, while the one use of CO wrecked Ichigo's shit and broke his mask completely. There's also a translation issue, IIRC Ulquiorra called CO "The strongest Cero in our released form." That implies that, while in an Arrancar's released state, CO is either the strongest form of the ordinary Cero, or the strongest variant of the Cero, which have radically different meanings. Furthermore, we have only two samples -- we've never seen GRC used in someone's released form, and we're relying solely on two datapoints and a vague line of dialogue to discuss power levels in a shonen series to try to determine which of the big glowy special effects energy blasts is more powerful.

tl;dr: Nobody fucking knows.

Addendum: I'm ashamed to know this much about a series I never watched or read past the first arc because of the sheer volume of crap available for media osmosis.
We've also got to consider that Grimmjow was 2 ranks above Ulquiorra and was in his unreleased form when he fired the GRC. I think Cero Oscruas' power mainly came from the fact that it was Ulquiorra who was firing it, and we just saw how powerful he was by straight-up tanking a hollowfied Ichigo's Getsuga Tensho with literally zero damage.

Something I found interesting is that Ulqiorra is the only one of the Arrancars who fought outside of Las Noches (on the roof, specifically) so maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe the reason why Cero Oscuras can only be used in an Arrancar's released state isn't simply because of its power requirements, but because it has something to do with the resurreccion being the "true form" of an Arrancar?

The answer is, "Whatever that idiotic cero Vasto Lorde Ichigo used to vape Ulquiorra is called."
That was an ordinary cero. Hollow Ichigo is just that powerful.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22311 on: May 02, 2015, 05:05:00 pm »

I'm not totally sold on that, Hollow Ichigo has shown himself to be operation on some next-level principles before, so I wouldn't put it past him to have an advanced Cero technique 'just in case.'

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22312 on: May 02, 2015, 05:54:01 pm »

He doesn't operate on any next-level principles, he's just extremely powerful. His cero countered Cero Oscuras because of his own power, not because he was using some special cero technique. He broke Lanza del Relampago with his bare hand so he definitely has enough power to counter a greater cero with a lesser cero.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22313 on: May 02, 2015, 06:58:15 pm »

Okay, I'm not going to get into an argument about something as stupid and mindless as an anime.  But I am going to say that I really don't think you've paid close enough attention to the series if you don't think that Hollow Ichigo is far, far more knowledgeable than he is powerful.  He has literally taught fifty-percent of the 'life lessons' that Ichigo has undergone in the series, and every time he has demonstrated flatly superior comprehension of everything to do with his own powers, very nearly to the point of total mastery.  If that doesn't qualify as 'next-level', then NOTHING does.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22314 on: May 02, 2015, 07:04:30 pm »

You're... not actually providing evidence, just making assumptions. The fact that he was possibly the least deceptive inner guide Ichigo had is not terribly relevant to whether his power comes from raw strength or special techniques -- Ichigo's own "thing" was supposed to have been speed (until everyone got so fast that it didn't matter), IIRC, so again, it's mostly down to arguing about the exact nature of the glowy animu beams of death without any concrete proof either way.

The point I'd make is that that was an excellent opportunity to show him off as the guile-hero that is half of the shonen protagonist stereotype and shout out the name of his newest trump-card move, but he didn't, which suggests that there was nothing new about it. How many times have you seen characters in series like this pull some new sooper speshul move out of their pockets without giving any indication that it's out of the ordinary?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22315 on: May 02, 2015, 08:19:55 pm »

Well no he is right Hallow Ichigo is supposed to be a lot more knowledgeable then Ichigo mostly due to his more flexible thinking.

It was the absolute first thing Hallow Ichigo was established as having, when he used Ichigo's own sword in a way so different then anything he experienced that he states "I never would have thought of that".

How many times have you seen characters in series like this pull some new sooper speshul move out of their pockets without giving any indication that it's out of the ordinary?

To me it is because Bleach feels like a very "young" universe so to speak. There is still always going to be new levels of power, new techniques, new rules... A person having a super special chocolatey technique is to be expected.

In fact they established quite early that the one thing all the soul captains are fighting against is stagnation because apparently everyone eventually hits their maximum in power and cannot go past it.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22316 on: May 02, 2015, 08:54:47 pm »

When I said he wasn't "next-level", I just meant he didn't transcend anything like Aizen. His cero didn't counter CO because it went beyond what a cero is, it was just a cero with a lot of power behind it. So basically just a misunderstanding on my part.

Getting back to the argument, though, I doubt Hollow Ichigo had any special ceros on the basis that "he might have" and also because the only special cero-users we've seen are Arrancars - something that Hollow Ichigo isn't.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22317 on: May 02, 2015, 09:10:17 pm »

because the only special cero-users we've seen are Arrancars - something that Hollow Ichigo isn't

Given this is Bleach... I wouldn't bank on that being the case forever or even the case right now.

Ichigo already midmaxes like a monster what with him taking every half-something in the dnd manual.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22318 on: May 02, 2015, 09:27:14 pm »

I'm not a huge anime fan, but I did make an exception for Gurren Lagann because I was told it would touch me in my "Bro Soul". It did. I cried.

Finished and moving on to Kill la Kill. Interesting so far, clothing that's "alive"? Super powered school uniforms? Lots of fan service without being too risque? Love it already. Giant half of a scissors as a sword? Loving it more! I don't think I spoiled anything that you won't see in the first episode, if I'm wrong, remind me and I'll put all that in spoilers.

*Edit: having a few beers for the big Pacquiao-Mayweather fight and wasn't as expressive as i shoulda been.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 09:37:26 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22319 on: May 03, 2015, 01:17:56 am »

So to my astonishment a series I finished a long time ago "uta no prince sama" apperantly they are on their third season.

I guess... I am watching it O-o...

But once again I am being driven insane because the main character CLEARLY has Cataracts.

http://umichanime.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Uta-no-Prince.jpg

Seriously it bugs me so immensely... and now I have to watch two more seasons of her.
Pages: 1 ... 1486 1487 [1488] 1489 1490 ... 2193