Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1484 1485 [1486] 1487 1488 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3060967 times)

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #22275 on: April 28, 2015, 03:31:33 pm »

I really need to take the plunge and watch Gundam, it seems. GIANT ROBOOOOTS
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22276 on: April 28, 2015, 03:44:42 pm »

They are useful in pretty much most situations except long distance. They just never land blows for some reason... and when they do the bullets never manage to make a decisive blow.

I've mostly seen the UC series (up through half of ZZ, and I haven't found copies of all the side stories yet), and in those I only remember them being used a few times, mostly as a distraction or desperation attack.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22277 on: April 28, 2015, 03:46:17 pm »

We are talking about the miniguns right?

Not those tiny machine guns they attach to almost all Mobile suits and gundams which are meant as more of an point defense system against missile attacks then anything else.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22278 on: April 28, 2015, 03:48:28 pm »

Not those tiny machine guns they attach to almost all Mobile suits and gundams which are meant as more of an point defense system against missile attacks then anything else.

I was talking about the vulcans/machine guns they put in the Gundamn's heads... That's probably were a lot of the confusion is coming from.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22279 on: April 28, 2015, 03:54:24 pm »

I was talking about the vulcans/machine guns they put in the Gundamn's heads... That's probably were a lot of the confusion is coming from.

Ohhhh

Yeah that is definitely where we were confused. Naw I meant the gatling/mini guns.

Of course the Vulcans would be a suplimentary attack barely able to take another mech down. It isn't even meant as a real "attack" against other suits. Anti-aircraft, anti-personel, anti-small arms... But I always figured it was point defense against missiles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22280 on: April 28, 2015, 05:29:37 pm »

I actually just found it! It was Sengoku Basara: Samurai Kings
Ironically, I considered mentioning this as "the only samurai thing I'm really familiar with otherwise," but didn't bother. Enjoy your perfectly reasonable levels of power in an authentic historical setting!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Speaking of giant robots, been reading Bokuran and it is excellent. If you'd told me there was a series about children piloting giant insectile robots and dying in them I'd probably have been on board. If you'd told me there wasn't actually that much focus on the fighting and it was mainly composed of flashbacks about each character's feelings I'd probably have been off board.

If an insane evil wetware AI had told me Madoka stole everything from it I'd probably have started reading and then greatly enjoyed it, which happens to be exactly what transpired. Thanks piecewise!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22281 on: April 28, 2015, 05:44:36 pm »

Still watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Spoiler: major spoilers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 05:46:27 pm by Naryar »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #22282 on: April 28, 2015, 05:50:31 pm »

Is there anywhere I can watch that on the up-and-up?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22283 on: April 28, 2015, 06:25:15 pm »

NEW DRAGON BALL SERIES CONFIRMED GET HYPE

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #22284 on: April 28, 2015, 06:27:41 pm »

Anti-aircraft, anti-personnel, anti-small arms... But I always figured it was point defense against missiles.
Yeah the head vulcans fill all of these roles.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22285 on: April 28, 2015, 06:29:35 pm »

youtube.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #22286 on: April 28, 2015, 06:58:30 pm »

youtube.
Seriously? In case the idiom is less common than I think, I meant legally.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #22287 on: April 28, 2015, 07:03:58 pm »

There isn't, unless you can understand japanese. None if it's officially localized, apparently.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #22288 on: April 28, 2015, 07:08:37 pm »

Correct!
It's FEF, not FEOF

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22289 on: April 28, 2015, 11:23:18 pm »

NEW DRAGON BALL SERIES CONFIRMED GET HYPE
FUCK YEAH! DRAGON BALL SUPER! Oh man I am so seriously freaking excited. I'm upset that they didn't dub the Buu saga for Kai but holy Christ was Battle of Gods awesome! Can't wait till Resurrection of Frieza is dubbed (Frieza best DBZ villain IMO) and freaking Dragon Ball Super! Seriously, Dragon Ball Super is, like, the best name you can come up with when you're making a new DB series.

Yes, I'm a DBZ fanboy.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 1484 1485 [1486] 1487 1488 ... 2193