Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1482 1483 [1484] 1485 1486 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061123 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #22245 on: April 27, 2015, 04:31:05 pm »

it is possible to put a width tag on them in the bbcode even if you can't be bothered to resize before uploading.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 04:34:32 pm by Reelya »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22246 on: April 27, 2015, 04:33:58 pm »

it is possible to put a width tag on them in the bbcode even if you can't be bothered to resize before uploading.
But, my width is supreme :P

I'll do that next time so it doesn't take up people's screen.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22247 on: April 27, 2015, 04:35:03 pm »

I'm thinking about people who pay per megabyte on mobile connections. at least use jpgs

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22248 on: April 27, 2015, 05:19:29 pm »

Sorry, paint defaults to PNG and technically imgur should have been converting the filetype to JPEG.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22249 on: April 27, 2015, 07:18:19 pm »

Hello, again, Anime thread.

Continuing my tradition of only coming here when I'm looking for something specific, I have returned.

I remember seeing a very brief scene of an anime which is about samurais.
The only really stand outish thing I remember is there was this evil one with a neat looking double barreled gun, and I think the scene was about something he did to his own sister?
Can anyone help me out with what the show was? I think Samurai was in the name.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #22250 on: April 27, 2015, 08:22:36 pm »

Those images are fucking gigantic.
I didn't want to resize them down, 1080p.
Why? I don't think the aspect ratio affects the quality of the image, does it? (I'm probably wrong, I don't know much about that sort of thing.) Not to mention if you click the resized image, it returns to it's original resolution.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry for my language earlier by the way, I hope I didn't come across as rude.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22251 on: April 27, 2015, 09:30:59 pm »

Continuing my tradition of only coming here when I'm looking for something specific, I have returned.

The only really stand outish thing I remember is there was this evil one with a neat looking double barreled gun, and I think the scene was about something he did to his own sister?
Any other hints? Animation style, type of gun, coloration, anything? Samurai Gun is apparently an anime that exists, features samurai, guns, and I believe bad things happening to people who are possibly somebody's sister, but otherwise I can't do anything with this.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22252 on: April 27, 2015, 09:53:20 pm »

I'm thinking about people who pay per megabyte on mobile connections. at least use jpgs
At least they aren't 1080p bmps. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #22253 on: April 27, 2015, 11:33:26 pm »

We need to go higher! 1080p .swfs, consisting of several layers of varying loops, all of them badly unoptimized and possessing rampant memory leaks. That's the way~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22254 on: April 28, 2015, 03:10:09 am »

I just finished watching 08th MS Team and it was pretty good. I honestly thought Gundam would be one of those mecha animes where the main character was SO COOL because he had the SPESHUL robot, but it wasn't, so I was happy.

Any suggestions on what to watch next? (Doesn't necessarily have to be from Gundam, but stuff like it generally.) I've already watched Code Geass too, and that was pretty good as well.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #22255 on: April 28, 2015, 03:33:01 am »

Why? I don't think the aspect ratio affects the quality of the image, does it? (I'm probably wrong, I don't know much about that sort of thing.)
AFAIK this is right.

(Or at least the tiny 100 pixel wide copy of a 2200x4000 image I almost posted in a different thread still loaded tremendously slowly enough that I resized it elsewhere first).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22256 on: April 28, 2015, 05:20:52 am »

Any other hints? Animation style, type of gun, coloration, anything? Samurai Gun is apparently an anime that exists, features samurai, guns, and I believe bad things happening to people who are possibly somebody's sister, but otherwise I can't do anything with this.
I actually just found it! It was Sengoku Basara: Samurai Kings
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22257 on: April 28, 2015, 06:48:32 am »

I just finished watching 08th MS Team and it was pretty good. I honestly thought Gundam would be one of those mecha animes where the main character was SO COOL because he had the SPESHUL robot, but it wasn't, so I was happy.

Any suggestions on what to watch next? (Doesn't necessarily have to be from Gundam, but stuff like it generally.) I've already watched Code Geass too, and that was pretty good as well.

Fighting Robots: Check
Space: Check
Fighting Robots in Space: Check

Knights of Sidonia?
The anime is 100% CG, but I started to enjoy it. Alternatively, read the manga. I'd never really felt the true size of an interstellar starship until I saw the pages showing the insides of the residential area.
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22258 on: April 28, 2015, 07:49:46 am »

08th MS Team is a bit different to regular Gundam. In the UC timeline someone else already has the setting-specific SPESHUL robot! So side stories like 08th MS Team must only feature people who have regular robots by necessity. Pick up "war in the pocket" next. Then, the main original series if you haven't already.

I recommend Macross (start with original series, or go for Zero then Frontier if you really need updated mecha graphics. You'll pick up the characters / plot either way, but you'll miss out a lot of the lore by not starting at the start). Also, Mospeada and Votoms.

Also a bit pre-mecha, but Space Battleship Yamato is one of the classic sci-fi animes. The 1974 version has dated surprisingly well, and it's period style feels more like retro chic / classic sci-fi vibe than embarassing. The Yamato 2199 remake is good too, but you miss out on the kitschy feel a bit.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 07:57:01 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22259 on: April 28, 2015, 07:55:21 am »

One thing I never noticed they did in Gundam until I watched Gundam Build fighter is that the power of a weapon changes depending on the narrative flow.

Mind you their usual excuse is beam plating and stuff like that.

I wonder what Gundam series is the most strategic with the lowest power of mechs where the heavy mobile suits actually are good and the light ones are actually light mechs and not super mechs.
Pages: 1 ... 1482 1483 [1484] 1485 1486 ... 2193