Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1475 1476 [1477] 1478 1479 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3062510 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #22140 on: April 18, 2015, 05:26:03 pm »

GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS NASU WATCHERS ;'D
Saburday?
no saturnillya*:P

*Yes I know that's in december
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #22141 on: April 18, 2015, 06:15:20 pm »

Today's plan went well.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #22142 on: April 18, 2015, 07:59:09 pm »

"I can't Believe my Yandere Imouto is Literally Hitler!"
This doesn't currently exist. I am mildly disappointed.

I'm sure eventually it will be made though. Such is the anime industry.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22143 on: April 18, 2015, 08:00:25 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:59:10 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #22144 on: April 18, 2015, 08:05:31 pm »

On the note of light novel/manga/anime names, I'm reading a hilarious /a/ thread that some of you may find amusing.

given that it's 4chan, may or may not be NSFW. Seems tame so far.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #22145 on: April 18, 2015, 08:10:34 pm »

That episode of FS/N. Da feels! THEY MAKE ME SAD! :'(

Beautiful episode animation though. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22146 on: April 18, 2015, 08:23:26 pm »

Today's plan went well.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #22147 on: April 18, 2015, 08:34:58 pm »

Today's plan went well.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #22148 on: April 18, 2015, 08:47:27 pm »

Dr. Gilgamesh successfully preforms heart surgery, as trained by Surgeon Simulator 2013.

Good Job, Dr. Gil! Nurses Tohsaka and Emiya applaud your generosity!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22149 on: April 19, 2015, 09:06:10 am »

So, started watching HunterxHunter.
S'pretty good.

Two seasons in and still waiting for Kurapika to turn out to actually be a chick. Seriously, dude looks like a lady. Then again, that applies to roughly half the characters who have appeared in the show so far so...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22150 on: April 19, 2015, 09:22:21 am »

Now we just need Little Witch Academia to get it's own series, and all will be right with the world.

I will buy the BDs if that is what it takes. Trigger needs another anime original. Keep it 1-cour, though. Don't spread the budget too thin.
We'll see how Ninja Slayer X Animation turns out, their budget dropped like a stone apparently for this series but they got the guy from Inferno Cop running the show so lets see what they can do.

Ninja Slayer is basically Inferno Cop 2.0. Since they're deliberately going for minimal "animation", budget is naturally going to be lower than a fully animated show. Going off episode one, they probably wouldn't be able to utilize a bigger budget in a sensible way and still keep the same type of show. When people talk they just waggle a cardboard cut-out of the character on screen. You can't spend more bucks to make that look better.

EDIT: Tesugare Bukatsumono season 2 op lyrics are even more self-referential than season one. The whole song is a discussion of the differences between the 1st season op and the new one.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:59:36 am by Reelya »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22151 on: April 20, 2015, 02:25:17 pm »

So, started watching HunterxHunter.
S'pretty good.

Two seasons in and still waiting for Kurapika to turn out to actually be a chick. Seriously, dude looks like a lady. Then again, that applies to roughly half the characters who have appeared in the show so far so...

Hunter X Hunter is vastly superior to other shonens if you're sick of the standard shonen protagonist and standard shonen plot.

Also kurapika is a guy. No chick in the main four.

Actually there are no girl main characters in HxH. Although this dog girl in the latest chapters is quickly turning into one, and the "main characters" don't stick together that much.

Like Kurapika and Leorio are secondary characters by now.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22152 on: April 20, 2015, 02:34:10 pm »

That is pretty far down in the story though.  The main 4 did stick together for a majority of the first few arcs.  ....  Damn.  That is a long time ago.

And the latest arc is mainly from the viewpoint of the zodiac animal people, but yea, dog and cow seem to be the main protagonists/players, at least for now.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22153 on: April 20, 2015, 02:45:26 pm »

It was something I read on a clickbait site several years ago. A VN with moefied tsundere imouto statesmen ... or whatever.
My Girlfriend Is The President, where the main character's childhood best friend Ohama is the President (yes, not Prime Minister) and a gender-flipped Putina is the moe tsundere rival.  While it didn't quite make my brain blue-screen when I learned this thing existed, it did crash to desktop, so to speak. 

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22154 on: April 20, 2015, 03:01:06 pm »

Hunter X Hunter is vastly superior to other shonens if you're sick of the standard shonen protagonist and standard shonen plot.

Also kurapika is a guy. No chick in the main four.

Actually there are no girl main characters in HxH

Yep so different then standard shonen. They don't even bother pretending the female character is important only to subvert her entire purpose or keep her along only to put her in sexualized situations.

They just don't have women :P
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:37:05 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 1475 1476 [1477] 1478 1479 ... 2193