Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1474 1475 [1476] 1477 1478 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3062566 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #22125 on: April 18, 2015, 12:10:37 am »

The amount of cash in, in this thing ... there were a series of books in Japan called Osaka Rules, which was about cultural differences between the Tokyo region and Osaka, and a spin-off series called Osaka Mama, about what it's like marrying into an Osaka family. When it got adapted to anime, they decided they needed to jazz things up a bit. Logically, it now became My little sister is an 'Osaka Mama'. I want to see other informative books adapted in a similar fashion. Why just tell people about strategy and tactics when you can have My Little Sister can't be Sun Tzu? And who wants to hear Stephen Hawkings explaining things in his synthesized voice when we could have My Little Sister explains 'A Brief History of Time'?

I personally own "Ich, Tünderen, und D-Phil Heidegger" (Me, the Tsunderes, and Heidegger PhD), which is a light novel about a philosophy club largely composed of famous European philosophers reincarnated as Japanese high school girls.

There are Nietzsche panty shots.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #22126 on: April 18, 2015, 12:32:35 am »

If you stare into the panties, do the panties stare back at you?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22127 on: April 18, 2015, 01:14:35 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:59:51 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #22128 on: April 18, 2015, 07:32:18 am »

... doesn't that mean there's at least two adaptations like that out there? Unless that's the LN form of that manga one?

If so, I'm okay with that.

---

Incidentally, I'd totally be at least initially interested in "My Little Sister can't be Sun Tzu". Best would be it was played absolutely straight and it was a skeleton in a skirt. Not even an animate one, just some madperson playing dress up with dead bones. You could have some interesting traction for storytelling with that sort of setup.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22129 on: April 18, 2015, 07:37:16 am »

The one about tsundere philosophers isn't an adaptation, it's an original work so it's valid to craft whatever that author wants. The point with the little sister one is that they took an existing media franchise and "little sisterized" it for no apparent reason except little sisters are trending.

That one with the little sister skeleton would have to be a 3-minute anime I think. Not much dialogue going, but the Otaku wannabee Norman Bates could get the skeleton into all those cliche harem situations.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 07:40:09 am by Reelya »

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22130 on: April 18, 2015, 08:21:02 am »

In b4 "My Little Sister can't be this Putin." I can't remember what that was really called, but it's an actual thing that exists, somewhere out there. The next big thing is probably "My Little Sister can't be so Pol Pot," or "My Little Sister can't be so Gary Ridgway." 

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22131 on: April 18, 2015, 08:43:37 am »

rusian tsundere presidents?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22132 on: April 18, 2015, 09:11:23 am »

It was something I read on a clickbait site several years ago. A VN with moefied tsundere imouto statesmen ... or whatever.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22133 on: April 18, 2015, 09:33:25 am »

I remember that!

Couldn't find it, though, so instead have this. I also came across, among other things, VNs featuring: the ultimate otaku-bait (sis-con with a female lead and 13 stepbrothers), professional Starcraft players, and the love between a teenaged girl and a dinosaur.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22134 on: April 18, 2015, 09:53:00 am »

"I can't Believe my Yandere Imouto is Literally Hitler!"

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22135 on: April 18, 2015, 09:56:14 am »

The amount of cash in, in this thing ... there were a series of books in Japan called Osaka Rules, which was about cultural differences between the Tokyo region and Osaka, and a spin-off series called Osaka Mama, about what it's like marrying into an Osaka family. When it got adapted to anime, they decided they needed to jazz things up a bit. Logically, it now became My little sister is an 'Osaka Mama'. I want to see other informative books adapted in a similar fashion. Why just tell people about strategy and tactics when you can have My Little Sister can't be Sun Tzu? And who wants to hear Stephen Hawkings explaining things in his synthesized voice when we could have My Little Sister explains 'A Brief History of Time'?

I personally own "Ich, Tünderen, und D-Phil Heidegger" (Me, the Tsunderes, and Heidegger PhD), which is a light novel about a philosophy club largely composed of famous European philosophers reincarnated as Japanese high school girls.
I want to read that now.
"I can't Believe my Yandere Imouto is Literally Hitler!"
And so, this thread has been Godwined.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22136 on: April 18, 2015, 10:05:10 am »

That was not a real instance of argumentum ad Hitlerum. :)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #22137 on: April 18, 2015, 04:37:30 pm »

Remembered Laputa, Castle in the Sky today. Amazing Anime, 10/10.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #22138 on: April 18, 2015, 05:20:19 pm »

GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS NASU WATCHERS ;'D
It's FEF, not FEOF

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet