Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1468 1469 [1470] 1471 1472 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3084920 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #22035 on: April 10, 2015, 05:12:52 pm »

All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #22036 on: April 10, 2015, 05:28:34 pm »

I just finished reading the first volume of Getter Robo Go and I love it. Not only just for being awesome like the other parts of the Getter Robo Saga but it's also like the perfect midway point between Real and Super.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22037 on: April 11, 2015, 03:06:44 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22038 on: April 11, 2015, 07:10:03 pm »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22039 on: April 11, 2015, 07:45:08 pm »

FSN was pretty cool this week, it was basically entirely made up of scenes that were alluded to in the VN but not actually shown.

Spoiler: also this (click to show/hide)

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22040 on: April 11, 2015, 08:49:49 pm »

« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:14:30 pm by DreamCarver »
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22041 on: April 11, 2015, 11:20:05 pm »

Can I just talk about how Owari no Seraph's OP is most certainly not full of spoilers? Or rather, the same spoiler, over and over again? ... Way to ruin the reveal down the line, guys.
Also, isn't it the apocalypse? Why are you sticking your children back into high school a mere half a decade after humanity faced almost certain annihilation? Don't you have better uses of your already limited time than teaching them freaking algebra?
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22042 on: April 11, 2015, 11:22:27 pm »

Ok I find it hilarious

So I am watching Idolmaster Cinderella Girls mostly because it was infront of me at the time and also because I thought it would be a musical anime (it isn't really... and the translators get REALLY FREEKEN LAZY later and don't sub the lyrics to the songs).

But after finding out it is incredibly boring I was ready to move on... until I really started paying attention to the producer. Who is this VERY straight faced man with a very forward stoic attitude to everything to the point where he often insults people by giving an honest answer that they justifiably misunderstand. Yet he seems to be a VERY good, in fact unfathomably good, as being a Talent scout given he can pick up talent right off the street

So he unquestionably becomes the most interesting character in the show by a HUGE margin.... But the show doesn't really focus on him...

Until about the midpoint where even the people making it realize the producer is basically the best part of the anime and either make him the star or make him the co-star of each episode... for two episodes in a row... and I hope this trend continues.

Then again he is the ONLY character with any sort of arc we can care about.

By the by don't watch it. The only reason I am still is because I like this ONE character more then anyone has any right to.

---

It is RARE that an anime EVER goes "Wow, our main characters sure are boring. Hey lets focus on our much more interesting side character and make him the main character for a while".

How many times have I complained that the more interesting, more involved, and just overall better character is ignored while our incredibly boring protagonist is center stage all the dang time?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:31:01 pm by Neonivek »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22043 on: April 12, 2015, 04:11:51 am »

Moar intragaltastic heroes:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22044 on: April 12, 2015, 04:55:29 am »

Ok Japan question

Is it true that Soy Sauce actually has two names in Japan? or did I misunderstand a joke?

This is very similar to the Ketchup and Catsup

Edit: Apperantly I did misunderstand the joke (shame, I like small things like that) in that they were just two different kinds of sauce that look very similar... Sauce and Soysauce. Whatever the heck "Sauce" is. (In fact... they might be two different types of Soy sauces)

Ok Japan Question

What is the difference between Soy sauce and "regular sauce"? I know that there are different types of soysauces...

---

Also FINALLY I found a much more convenient place to watch all the episodes of Legend of Galactic Heroes.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 05:17:47 am by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22045 on: April 12, 2015, 05:29:21 am »

It would help if you could narrow down the actual word that's being translated as "regular". It's probably refering to the most common dark type of Japanese soy sauce, Koikuchi.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/03/do-you-know-your-soy-sauces-japanese-chinese-indonesian-differences.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soy_sauce

Koikuchi = "regular" I'd guess, it's the most common, made with about half soy/wheat. This makes up 80% of the soy sauce used in Japan.

Usukuchi, less common, mainly used in Kansai region cooking, it's light in color but has a strong flavor. Used when they don't want to discolor the food.

Tamari, one more similar to chinese soy sauce, with little or no wheat. Strong flavor and thick texture, used for dipping.

Shiro, made with more wheat, milder flavor, lighter color.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 05:38:18 am by Reelya »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22046 on: April 12, 2015, 06:30:00 am »

Can I just talk about how Owari no Seraph's OP is most certainly not full of spoilers? Or rather, the same spoiler, over and over again? ... Way to ruin the reveal down the line, guys.
A lot of anime adaptations assume all their viewers have already seen the source material.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22047 on: April 12, 2015, 11:23:12 am »

So Punchline.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

An Original Anime............. I'm gonna be watching this... No, I will to be explaining it, no I will not be telling you even a synopsis...
Just go watch it... - http://www.crunchyroll.com/punch-line
BUT, as a clue, try saying the title with a Japanese accent and pronunciation of the words. This will give you clue into what its about...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #22048 on: April 12, 2015, 11:32:06 am »

It's already been mentioned earlier in the thread :V

... though the fact that there's two (and like one fifth or something) panty shots in that image should also be kinda' telling.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22049 on: April 12, 2015, 11:51:27 am »

They got the guy from the Infinity and Zero Escape games in to write it so it's probably going to be really strange
Pages: 1 ... 1468 1469 [1470] 1471 1472 ... 2193