Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1461 1462 [1463] 1464 1465 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3085188 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #21930 on: April 03, 2015, 07:00:10 am »

Did the parasyte anime end like the manga?

I heard terrible things about the manga's ending.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21931 on: April 03, 2015, 05:11:23 pm »

Did the parasyte anime end like the manga?

I heard terrible things about the manga's ending.
They're the same.
Not sure what you've heard, but I found it a pretty nice ending.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21932 on: April 03, 2015, 05:37:12 pm »

Lol, another carbon copy Light Novel gets adapted to anime. "Gakusen Toshi Asterisk (Academy Battle City Asterisk)".
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1369390

Same director as Mahouka, check. Same character designer as SAO, check. Sexy girl on cover, check. With so much going for it, it's sure to be a hit.

Ok, the plot is set in the "Academy City on the water, Rikka" where they stage magical battles. So, it's a complete rip of Index/Railgun and the like. It's becoming like "magical/hightech academy islands" it's it's own genre now.

That title Academy Battle City Asterisk is also really boringly self-descriptive in the way that Irregular at Magical Highschool was. Add yet another terrible light novel anime to the queue. I can't see myself sitting down to watch this one, it doesn't sound lulzy enough.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 05:40:56 pm by Reelya »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21933 on: April 03, 2015, 06:00:33 pm »

Looks like at least a few volumes of the LN's been fantranz'd, at least, if for some reason you feel like reading a bit instead of watching. Who knows, it might actually have something interesting going on. Maybe. Possibly.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21934 on: April 03, 2015, 06:26:16 pm »

Judging by the comments there it look like the exact same sort of mold-stamped crap, TBH.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #21935 on: April 03, 2015, 06:42:17 pm »

Judging by the novel illustrations and a quick glance through the accompanying manga/fantranslations, I'm definitely getting more of a Maken-ki with 2/3rds of the fanservice cut out + a Tournament arc than a Index/Railgun vibe to it though. It's missing that darker note that Index/Railgun likes to thread through it's stuff, and there is a definite fanservice thread running through it that is much closer to an actual fanservice series than anything Index/Railgun was putting out there.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21936 on: April 03, 2015, 10:50:11 pm »

Who wants some finishing move compilations~*

*Possibly others hidden somewhere (if somewhat unlikely?) since nobody seems to have found the games secret bits yet.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21937 on: April 03, 2015, 11:29:37 pm »

http://www.crunchyroll.com/food-wars-shokugeki-no-soma/episode-1-678161

YES YES YES, LIFE IS COMPLETE. FOODGASMS FOR ALL

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21938 on: April 04, 2015, 02:02:30 am »

It's kinda surreal knowing how kiddy most old super robots are viewed as, and then reading the original Getter Robo manga where by the third chapter Ryouma has killed a thug by stabbing him in the face with a sword, the professor burnt his own son to death with a flamethrower because his son was being mind controlled to try to kill everyone, and one of the other main characters and pilot of Getter-2, Hayato, is introduced as the leader of what's basically a radical terrorist group in a scene in which he literally tears the faces off of two students who try to chicken out of his plan to assassinate the cabinet minister with his bare hands.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 02:19:11 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #21939 on: April 04, 2015, 07:14:14 am »

It's kinda surreal knowing how kiddy most old super robots are viewed as, and then reading the original Getter Robo manga where by the third chapter Ryouma has killed a thug by stabbing him in the face with a sword, the professor burnt his own son to death with a flamethrower because his son was being mind controlled to try to kill everyone, and one of the other main characters and pilot of Getter-2, Hayato, is introduced as the leader of what's basically a radical terrorist group in a scene in which he literally tears the faces off of two students who try to chicken out of his plan to assassinate the cabinet minister with his bare hands.
Yeah, suffice to say that stuff wasn't present in the anime.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21940 on: April 04, 2015, 07:35:48 am »

Some thoughts as I'm watching tales from the cosmic troubadours (spoilered just to be safe):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I find myself rooting for the alliance more than the empire (so of course alliance will lose, it's almost inevitable) but I like Reinhard, despite Empire being a collection of ridiculous pompous blowholes.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21941 on: April 04, 2015, 08:40:38 am »

Question : What would you do if you discovered that when you died you were revived, with memory intact, to only an hour or so before death? Would you attempt to make contact with the people you befriended in that time, would you aim to make right the wrongs that caused your death or perhaps those that died along side you???

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Daisshou - Outo no Ichinichi Hen

Is not only a manga with a super long title/subtitle, but also faces this situation...

The high school student, Subaru Natsuki, finds himself in another world after a return trip to the convenience store and finds himself in a world of Fantasy, unsettled by this event he finds himself getting caught up with some thugs only to be saved by a young woman whom was chasing a thief who had just robbed her. As thanks and apologies for saving his life but also causing her to lose the thief he aids her in the search for her lost item, only to find himself falling to an unseen blade. Only to awake back where he started, in front of a fruit merchant telling him off like the moments before. Time Repeats, Death Repeats, Can fate be changed?

Art - 8/10
Story - 9/10
Pace - 8/10
Release Speed - 4/10

Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21942 on: April 04, 2015, 09:10:27 am »

Spoiler: Guess who's back (click to show/hide)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21943 on: April 04, 2015, 12:29:27 pm »

So, decided to give the first episode or so of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure a watch.

Right now I'm kinda meh to be honest.

Mostly squicked out by what happened to the doggie :( just a bit too real for me there.

Also REALLY hate the protag, just seems like a complete fucking doormat. I would've murderated Dio within an hour of meeting him, so its hard to sympathize with someone who lets him get away with shit for GODDAMN YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS. Not to mention the shit he takes from his dad.

I know from a cursory look on tvtropes that the second issue will be somewhat solved, and the second protag's description makes him sound a lot better, but for now I'm not really feeling it.

Probably soldier through more of it later, but first impression flopped hard.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21944 on: April 04, 2015, 12:35:48 pm »

If you really can't stand the first season at all, maybe try out the second or third seasons.
Each part has a different protagonist, so it's easy to skip around.
Pages: 1 ... 1461 1462 [1463] 1464 1465 ... 2193