Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1447 1448 [1449] 1450 1451 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3063026 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #21720 on: March 24, 2015, 08:56:47 pm »

Oh yeah. Thought I recognized that pinkish-reddish haired anime girl. Got that on my list, haven't watched anything yet.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21721 on: March 24, 2015, 08:59:56 pm »

Yeah, Akatsuki no Yona is one of the better ones right now, it just finished airing. The story isn't completed though, so hopefully it gets another season. This season was really just the set up. The source manga is still in publication.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:02:06 pm by Reelya »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21722 on: March 24, 2015, 09:16:00 pm »

Parasyte: The Maxim is also one of the good ones airing. If you don't mind the blood and gore.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 11:23:55 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21724 on: March 24, 2015, 09:27:59 pm »

... almost makes me wish I had a twitter account.

Almost.

Good luck to 'em, though. May they meet whatever goal it takes to get translations greenlit.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #21725 on: March 24, 2015, 10:47:10 pm »

watched the first episode of Yona of the Dawn. Yona's voice actress sounds really familiar. Looked her up and the only thing I've seen with her in it is Yuru Yuri, and I don't think that's what I recognize her from. Reminds me of Nonon from KLK, actually.

Anyway, looks like a good series. Really really like the oriental soundtrack it has going. The OP is great. The setting is also a refreshing change.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21726 on: March 24, 2015, 11:46:14 pm »

Hey, anyone know any anime where the protag is actually...intelligent? I mean I love stuff like Fairy Tail and such where everybody's brain is stuck on "attack attack attack" but I also kinda wanna watch some stuff where the good guys aren't always 12 steps behind.

I guess the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Code Geass with Lelouch being the mastermind of the entire plot. Anything similar?

I did like me some Akagi and Kaiji. Another is One Outs, which is about baseball.

And while it's a manga, Gamble Fish is another, as well as Liar Game. Those are my favorites.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21727 on: March 25, 2015, 11:02:48 am »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:14:38 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #21728 on: March 25, 2015, 11:41:22 am »

Kantai Collection S2 has been confirmed, apparently. I don't speak moon, but 続編制作決定 appeared instead of the next episode preview(since this was the last episode).
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21729 on: March 25, 2015, 12:56:18 pm »

Kantai Collection S2 has been confirmed, apparently. I don't speak moon, but 続編制作決定 appeared instead of the next episode preview(since this was the last episode).
"Zokuhen seisaku kettei." = Production of sequel confirmed.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21730 on: March 25, 2015, 12:59:50 pm »

That is because that isn't the 'Final Battle' it is a very clear and transparent set up for the Free Tournament and then later on World Tournament. Hence why instead of using silly things like "Technique" they simply shot special effects on the screen.

Though yeah I was kind of disappointed too. The fight fell into what I like to call "Prince of Tennis Syndrome" where they escalate the battle to such a degree that it ends up getting to a point where your not even sure what is going on anymore.

Kind of odd that the second and third last battles were IMO more entertaining and with the 2nd last having more character depth as well.

It could have been helped if that fight had ANY emotional weight to it... which it didn't.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:50:12 pm by Neonivek »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21731 on: March 25, 2015, 07:27:06 pm »

I did like me some Akagi and Kaiji. Another is One Outs, which is about baseball.

And while it's a manga, Gamble Fish is another, as well as Liar Game. Those are my favorites.
Liar Game's ending (and last few games really) were super disappointing.  At least we'll always have Customs and Musical Chairs.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21732 on: March 25, 2015, 07:40:48 pm »

Liar game had a good live action ending though.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21733 on: March 25, 2015, 09:16:11 pm »

Sony got the rights to Robotech and is planning on making a live action movie. But that's not really interests me about this. That wording the article uses.

TELL IT TO ME STRAIGHT NEWS SITE DOES THIS MEAN HARMONY GOLD NO LONGER HAVE THEIR FILTHY FILTHY CLAWS IN IT OR DID THEY ONLY GIVE UP THE MOVIE RIGHTS? T_T
It's FEF, not FEOF

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21734 on: March 25, 2015, 09:29:06 pm »

Sony got the rights to Robotech and is planning on making a live action movie. But that's not really interests me about this. That wording the article uses.

TELL IT TO ME STRAIGHT NEWS SITE DOES THIS MEAN HARMONY GOLD NO LONGER HAVE THEIR FILTHY FILTHY CLAWS IN IT OR DID THEY ONLY GIVE UP THE MOVIE RIGHTS? T_T

Did you read the entire article?

Frank Agrama of Harmony Gold, which is the original intellectual property rights holder, will executive produce with Michael Gordon and Jehan Agrama. Leonard B. Rosman and Christy Duran will serve as co-producers.

The deal on behalf of Harmony Gold and the producers was negotiated by Ralph P Brescia of Bloom Hergott, together with Leonard B. Rosman, Esq. of the Law Offices of Leonard B. Rosman and Christy Duran, Esq. of Harmony Gold.

This actually has a pretty decent chance of damaging or derailing the project, as the legitimacy of Harmony Gold's is, and always has been, legally shaky.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 1447 1448 [1449] 1450 1451 ... 2193