Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1439 1440 [1441] 1442 1443 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061607 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #21600 on: March 16, 2015, 11:35:49 pm »

... the orange road thingjigger? K-something or other. I never actually read the thing, but I vaguely remember it being sorta' liked at some point, years ago.

e: And Jitsu wa Watashi wa, if you haven't already read it. That counts, I think. And I kinda' remember Sankarea being maybe bearable? I don't remember this stuff, honestly. Or have too terrible much in the way of standards.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 11:38:03 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #21601 on: March 16, 2015, 11:48:30 pm »

... the orange road thingjigger? K-something or other. I never actually read the thing, but I vaguely remember it being sorta' liked at some point, years ago.

e: And Jitsu wa Watashi wa, if you haven't already read it. That counts, I think. And I kinda' remember Sankarea being maybe bearable? I don't remember this stuff, honestly. Or have too terrible much in the way of standards.
Googling "anime orange road" brings up "Kimagure Orange Road" so I guess that's what you're talking about.

Read some of the Jitsu wa Watashi wa manga already. Got the tab on firefox on my laptop, which I don't have at the moment. Sankarea sounds interesting. For a zombie the girl looks very...not dead. Will check that out.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #21602 on: March 17, 2015, 01:17:22 am »

Watched a couple episodes of ToraDora, now that I'm reminded of it. Forget why I stopped watching. Guess I just forgot.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21603 on: March 17, 2015, 01:44:06 am »

Watching Ashita no Joe.  Definitely different from Ippo.  As far as boxing protagonists go, Joe's a right asshole, Danpei giving him the beatdown of a lifetime in episode 5 was nothing short of cathartic.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21604 on: March 17, 2015, 02:13:04 am »

Watched a couple episodes of ToraDora, now that I'm reminded of it. Forget why I stopped watching. Guess I just forgot.
Also, Kimi ni Todoke. And I saw a few eps of Lovely Complex. It looks pretty funny.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21605 on: March 17, 2015, 08:06:34 am »

Watching Ashita no Joe.  Definitely different from Ippo.  As far as boxing protagonists go, Joe's a right asshole, Danpei giving him the beatdown of a lifetime in episode 5 was nothing short of cathartic.
Tomorrow's Joe, the series about brain damage and sometimes boxing. I followed Hox's translation of the manga last year.

I read this article after I finished the manga. I don't know how the anime works though. I would avoid reading this until you finish the best fight in the series, you'll know the one.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21606 on: March 17, 2015, 02:36:42 pm »

More than that, though, I was going for the specific angle of: Unflinching hypercompetent chessmaster who can turn any situation to his advantage with trivial ease who is also outwardly emotionless and aloof, constantly saving the day while trained mooks rush in and die and his friends follow just slowly enough for him to save them, who has a rival-slash-friend on the other side of the war who may or may not be competing with him over the heart of a/the primary girl. Also is a teenaged boy.
Yeah I enjoyed Code Geass too.

Lelouche does make a number of pretty serious mistakes throughout the show, though, and even learns from them now and then.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #21607 on: March 17, 2015, 11:28:28 pm »

Reading the Sankarea manga. About done with the first chapter. Definitely interesting so far. Male MC is apparently a zombie enthusiast who's attempting to raise his pet cat from the dead in the first chapter with what's basically a recipe from the japanese necronomicon, and male MC is in his words "not into living chicks". Wooooooow. Woooooooooooow. Good job admitting that to the cute girl you just met. Slow-clap.

This looks entertaining. Much more entertaining than the typical high school romcom setting I was expecting to get suggestions of.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21608 on: March 18, 2015, 01:46:53 am »

Spoiler: Series-Only Spoilers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21609 on: March 18, 2015, 01:49:10 am »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:13:22 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21610 on: March 18, 2015, 01:51:06 am »

You mean if Ahab was Moby Dick.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21611 on: March 18, 2015, 01:51:41 am »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:13:14 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #21612 on: March 18, 2015, 12:26:48 pm »

To anyone who liked Puella Magi Madoka Magica, heres an awesome fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7406866/1/To-the-Stars

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #21613 on: March 18, 2015, 02:00:10 pm »

HNNNNNGGGG that last JJBA episode was so GODAMN INTENSE.  Only 2 more days until the next episode!  HNNNNNNNNNNG, CAN'T WAIT.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21614 on: March 18, 2015, 02:15:25 pm »

Speaking of JoJo, I found out that they announced a sequel to All Star Battle. It has Stroheim and Dino Brando.

I'm just waiting for a playable version with Giorno just so I can start making "you're not my real dad"-jokes.
Pages: 1 ... 1439 1440 [1441] 1442 1443 ... 2193