Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1431 1432 [1433] 1434 1435 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058790 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #21480 on: March 12, 2015, 12:09:37 am »

Sequel series!

So... is this after the digimon were unlocked and every single person on earth now has their own digimon but before the flash forward?

Or is it after Tamers but before that whole "Armor Digivolve" seasons?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21481 on: March 12, 2015, 12:18:46 am »

Sequel series!

So... is this after the digimon were unlocked and every single person on earth now has their own digimon but before the flash forward?

Whats the season equivalent to high school?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21482 on: March 12, 2015, 12:48:47 am »

Sequel series!

I think you meant to say Adventure. Tamers is season 3 and a different timeline.

Anyways this takes place after Adventure 02 (The Armor digivolving one), but before the epilogue where everyone's grown up and all of humanity has digimon (To be honest a looooot of fans are hoping the new show retcons that away somehow).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:00:58 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #21483 on: March 12, 2015, 02:38:28 am »

So, my school runs a anime club. This month we are going to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, is it any good? Can you guys also give me some suggestions for any anime we could watch after this?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21484 on: March 12, 2015, 03:13:22 am »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:20:46 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21485 on: March 12, 2015, 03:15:21 am »

So, my school runs a anime club. This month we are going to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, is it any good? Can you guys also give me some suggestions for any anime we could watch after this?

It's excellent, but it's... it's really not school-appropriate.

Why would you consider it innapropriate?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21486 on: March 12, 2015, 03:19:58 am »

It's excellent, but it's... it's really not school-appropriate.

Why would you consider it innapropriate?
Gore. Nudity. Some kinda freaky stuff. And if you watch End of Evangelion, hooooooo boy. What I just listed, but at least quadrupled.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21487 on: March 12, 2015, 03:23:55 am »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:20:39 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21488 on: March 12, 2015, 04:29:37 am »

... I kinda' remember some of escaflowne being pretty brutal, too. Might have just been one of the movies, i'unno... it's been a significant number of years, and I could never manage to get the bloody disc to play the thing through at the time.

Definitely less than eva, though. Just significant violence and maybe a bit of excessive fanservice, iirc. that cat song, though...

And yeah, if you're showing eva, uh. Make sure the teachers don't know, and maybe screen off campus. Or more appropriately don't, because yeaaah that shit really isn't PG-13 or whatev'.

E: Mononoke actually got pretty bloody too, didn't it? I guess that's less of a concern as most cultures these days seem thoroughly meh about media violence, but...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 04:39:29 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21489 on: March 12, 2015, 04:46:19 am »

Um... Okay, maybe we won't watch that one, one of my friends said it's really, bloody good so I'll watch it myself but I'll let the teacher, who runs the club, know.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21490 on: March 12, 2015, 04:49:22 am »

It is really bloody good, ha. Just... probably not something that should be on school grounds :P

Eva was actually Frumple's first anime :3

Good stuff. Significantly better fanfiction since then, hoho. But yeah, definitely something a PTA equivalent would be thoroughly unhappy about, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21491 on: March 12, 2015, 04:50:01 am »

The TV show is rated ages 12/14 (for UK/US) and up, I don't think there would be any real problem with it (I certainly saw more violent films in school).  EoE certainly has some weird stuff and rises to 15+ but I don't think it's out of the question depending on your school and grade.

e: actually I'm not sure if this is for the toned down English version.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 04:56:54 am by Leafsnail »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21492 on: March 12, 2015, 07:20:39 am »

Monster Musume the anime coming in July. It'll be the big event in cheesy harems for summer.

Now we just need Centaur no Nayami the anime. Centaur schoolgirl mangas just don't get picked up for adaptation very often.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 07:24:05 am by Reelya »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21493 on: March 12, 2015, 09:11:03 am »

The TV show is rated ages 12/14 (for UK/US) and up, I don't think there would be any real problem with it (I certainly saw more violent films in school).  EoE certainly has some weird stuff and rises to 15+ but I don't think it's out of the question depending on your school and grade.

e: actually I'm not sure if this is for the toned down English version.
That's sort of dodging the point, though, isn't it? There's a difference between being able to get away with it and it being a good idea. Especially if Gamedragon is American, in which case it's a perfect recipe for some parent throwing a shitstorm and causing trouble for them. Pre-emptive edit: Oh, and I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that even Britain is more lax about sexual content when it comes to ratings. End of Evangelion isn't rated, but the masturbation scene alone might well get it rated 18+ because of how prudish our censor boards are.

That said, if you really want to show it for the club, do it off-grounds, same as with anything else that might get shot down. Alternatively, talk to the teacher supervising the club and be honest instead of just going "Oh, it's PG-13". That's a less awkward setting than a classroom anyways.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #21494 on: March 12, 2015, 12:26:13 pm »

Kill la Kill. :D
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 1431 1432 [1433] 1434 1435 ... 2193