Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1429 1430 [1431] 1432 1433 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3059249 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #21450 on: March 09, 2015, 01:47:22 am »

Not so much depicted as 'love interests', Tite just likes to fuck with the audience, and the director rolled with it.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #21451 on: March 09, 2015, 06:33:56 pm »

Spoiler: Acguy Brothers (click to show/hide)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21452 on: March 09, 2015, 10:31:08 pm »

@Guin

that actually looks really interesting, where'd you hear about it?

Can I just say that my favourite part of OPM is always the anti-climax? You have these villians that are built up over several chapters to be unstoppable killing machines, able to eliminate anyone in their path. Many heroes are beaten by them, but finally the strongest heroes are able to back him into a corner. Then he reveals the truth: there is an even stronger villian canned in his basement, orders of magnitude stronger than he is, simply waiting for a chance to kill everyone. The scene of the showdown is set, the strongest superheroes ready to hold the line, when Saitama arrives. Every time, you think "jeez i'unno this guy's pretty strong," the manga makes you think that maybe, maybe Saitama won't be able to hash it.

Then he beats them in one punch.

It's literally brilliant every time it happens. Although I do have to agree with the earlier sentiments, I really like the interplay between all the different superheroes and how they deal with lesser threats than the ones Saitama has to face.

On a different note, just started watching Cowboy Bebop, and i'm already hooked.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21453 on: March 09, 2015, 10:36:26 pm »

*mumbles something about the last episode never happening*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21454 on: March 09, 2015, 11:16:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #21455 on: March 10, 2015, 12:50:27 am »

@Guin that actually looks really interesting,

where'd you hear about it?
It's very Shonen at times and the ending is fucking absurd—power of friendship stuff that makes no goddamn sense—but I love it anyways because I'm a sucker for a story about two brothers. Acguys are cool too.

Adwarf told me about it, since it just uploaded today. I rely on Furtuka and him to find me all the good stuff that's out. :P

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21456 on: March 10, 2015, 03:42:44 am »

I finally finished watching Usagi Drop, a short 11 ep series about a man adopting a six year old girl from his now deceased grandfather (a very young aunt, basically) and I liked it alot. The art is amazingly simple and sweet, and it's just a little slice of life sorta series about a single father raising a daughter, every episode is packed wall-to-wall with touching moments. Shit's amazing yo.

I really regret looking it up on Wikipedia now, as it spoiled the ending of the manga it was based on which takes place after the end of the anime, and shit gets creepy, holy fuck man. It retroactively poisons the good feeling the entire series was rolling with up til then. This is why we can't have nice things apparently.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 03:47:18 am by JoshuaFH »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21457 on: March 10, 2015, 04:15:05 am »

You should know that Wikipedia spoils everything.

I started reading the manga recently. It's over 2000 pages, and she stops being the cute 6 year old less than half way through (page 800~something IIRC). She's 16 right now. So, yeah she was little and cute for a while now she's having highschool dramas. I think there's another timeskip to happen later. I was expecting she'd be the cute kid for at least 3/4ths of the manga, but that didn't happen.

Here, have some other cute anime to forget it:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9938/Ikoku_Meiro_no_Crois%C3%A9e
http://myanimelist.net/anime/233/Daa!_Daa!_Daa!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:40:33 am by Reelya »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21458 on: March 10, 2015, 07:32:59 am »

I was writing a reply to you, but then I couldn't decide what to say, and then eventually my mind wandered off into a hypothetical scenario where at the end of Azumanga Daioh, instead of the series ending the show just follows Osaka around for the rest of her natural life. Kind of an adorable anime Truman Show.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21459 on: March 10, 2015, 04:14:52 pm »

I was writing a reply to you, but then I couldn't decide what to say, and then eventually my mind wandered off into a hypothetical scenario where at the end of Azumanga Daioh, instead of the series ending the show just follows Osaka around for the rest of her natural life. Kind of an adorable anime Truman Show.

I have a hard time imagining Osaka as an adult. She worked well enough as a teen, but that level of spaciness would make employment ...difficult.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #21460 on: March 10, 2015, 07:03:11 pm »

I finally finished watching Usagi Drop, a short 11 ep series about a man adopting a six year old girl from his now deceased grandfather (a very young aunt, basically) and I liked it alot.
Isn't there another manga with this exact same premise (young guy taking care of a little girl, hilarity ensues)?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21461 on: March 10, 2015, 08:14:33 pm »

I finally finished watching Usagi Drop, a short 11 ep series about a man adopting a six year old girl from his now deceased grandfather (a very young aunt, basically) and I liked it alot.
Isn't there another manga with this exact same premise (young guy taking care of a little girl, hilarity ensues)?
Maybe you're thinking of Aishiteruze Baby.

I haven't checked this out at all though. Considering the size of her eyes in relation to her head, you'd think she's some sort of nocturnal animal like a Lemur, evolved for low-light conditions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:22:16 pm by Reelya »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21462 on: March 10, 2015, 08:32:24 pm »

The second one would go a long way towards explaining the actions of a great many character, I think.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21463 on: March 10, 2015, 08:35:35 pm »

the first one tho

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21464 on: March 10, 2015, 09:48:38 pm »

She looks like a derp.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 1429 1430 [1431] 1432 1433 ... 2193