Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1426 1427 [1428] 1429 1430 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3059437 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #21405 on: March 05, 2015, 05:30:04 am »

Really, it was the final arc of that last cour which was good. Kirito wasn't the MC for the arc though, focus shifted entirely to Asuna. There was a lot of fillerish crap to sit through between GGO and the good bit though.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21406 on: March 05, 2015, 08:39:53 am »

(Se2) I don't know, the whole Niflheim Arc was kinda ok, problem with it was that it wasn't spaced out and was over too quickly to be truely enjoyable, heck the OPs were more entertaining to watch compared to the actual events that happen in the episodes when it came to the final battle. But yeah Mother Rornso Arc is really worth watching for both plot at the end and the feels of the during...

(Se1) The whole of the Fairy Dance Arc (which was that following SAO) is very much worth it, if the problem is that their fairies, don't think Tinkerbells as what they really are are the Trickster pixies and Elemental sprites of the Norse/European *mainly Norse* Mythos that live in and around Yggdrasil in a constant battle with eachother in a race to reach to higher branches of the tree to become true "Fairies"...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21407 on: March 05, 2015, 10:23:08 am »

Eeh. When it left SAO the series went in about half a dozen different disgusting directions, some related to incest, others to terrible writing and laughably flat characters, and still others that are more about completely destroying the soul of a character.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #21408 on: March 05, 2015, 01:17:50 pm »

(Se1) The whole of the Fairy Dance Arc (which was that following SAO) is very much worth it, if the problem is that their fairies, don't think Tinkerbells as what they really are are the Trickster pixies and Elemental sprites of the Norse/European *mainly Norse* Mythos that live in and around Yggdrasil in a constant battle with eachother in a race to reach to higher branches of the tree to become true "Fairies"...
I thought it was okay, but it really suffered from being crammed into too little episodes. It's like "start new game" -> final boss battle for the speed that it went at in the show. Also it totally demoted Asuna to plot coupon status for the duration of the arc which really annoys me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21409 on: March 05, 2015, 02:41:53 pm »

Currently reading an old manga called Family Compo, which is a slice of life manga about the life of a university student who lost his parents and goes to live with his aunt, which is pre-op MtF transgender and married to his "uncle" sora, who's a pre-op FtM transgender, and his cousin Shion, who appears to be a girl but whose gender actual gender is kept a mystery from both the main character and the reader, and is used as the reason to cause many awesome/funny shenaningas, since the main character is always trying to find out her gender.
His uncle is a rising manga artist who has several assistants who are also ALL crossdressers.

Despite what you may be thinking (IE a 90s manga dealing with transgender people and crossdressers), the manga is quite great and realistic (except for the fact most characters are genderbent, altough its always justified) in both its storytelling and its art. None of the characters feel forced and they're all very well built into the main theme and plot. Its very tactful and realistic about the whole transgender issue (if a bit over-sexualized, altough in a very non-perverted way and its always done for the laughs) and the art style is beautiful. Its basically a non boring sitcom in manga form.
Did I mention the art style is great? Very 80s style with characters that actualy look like humans.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:44:29 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21410 on: March 05, 2015, 07:15:46 pm »

OH GOD THE TOMINO-ING HAS BEGUN. It'S HAPPENING

On a brighter note today's episode really highlighted one of my favorite parts of G-Reco's MS design. That being that almost every single body part of the MS is packing a weapon. Also I was impressed at how versatile the Gytrash's beamcloak- BELLRI WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:43:00 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21411 on: March 05, 2015, 09:59:13 pm »

Can anyone suggust some Sci-Fi Anime? I've started Ghost in a Shell, but I'm interested in ensuring I have a list to watch so I don't get bored.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21412 on: March 05, 2015, 10:00:26 pm »

What level of Scifi hardness are you looking for?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21413 on: March 05, 2015, 10:04:22 pm »

BELLRI WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!
And suddenly my interest in catching back up to G-Reco has shriveled up like a naked teenager in the cold vacuum of space.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21414 on: March 05, 2015, 10:07:38 pm »

Now now it has a perfectly logical explanation...

Spoiler: minor spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:18:23 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21415 on: March 05, 2015, 10:58:53 pm »

Can anyone suggust some Sci-Fi Anime? I've started Ghost in a Shell, but I'm interested in ensuring I have a list to watch so I don't get bored.

Which gits?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21416 on: March 05, 2015, 11:13:22 pm »

Now now it has a perfectly logical explanation...

Spoiler: minor spoiler (click to show/hide)

Psh, the real reason is that

3. Run Resize Enable

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #21417 on: March 06, 2015, 02:00:24 am »

You just made this totally relevant.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21418 on: March 06, 2015, 02:36:19 am »

You just made this totally relevant.
...did that guy actually bite on the 'chinese cartoon' bait in 2012? Shit man, anyone have gifs of single tears running down cheeks to honor the tragic loss?

3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21419 on: March 06, 2015, 09:29:48 am »

Sci-fi? Well just skimming this and picking the top 10 ones that are most "sci-fi"

Steins;Gate (comedy, sci-fi, drama)
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Cowboy Beebop
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (over the top shonen/comedy/sci fi)
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 (or the 1974 one if you want the real authentic deal. Yamato 2199 is a full remake with modern art).
Uchuu Kyoudai
Psycho-Pass
Shinsekai yori
Planetes
Trigun
Pages: 1 ... 1426 1427 [1428] 1429 1430 ... 2193