Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1414 1415 [1416] 1417 1418 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067510 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #21225 on: February 18, 2015, 12:17:40 am »

Trinity Blood

IIRC the author died and the anime doesn't have an actual ending. It's not like some "Was setting up for a sequel" thing either, it's like they just never released the last episode. Could be wrong and there is an actual last episode that I've just never seen, though.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21226 on: February 18, 2015, 06:05:45 am »

Watched the first episode of Flowers of Evil on Crunchyroll.

Very interesting so far, it has this "desolate" creeping horror sort of vibe to it where something in the world just feels wrong but you can't quite place what it is. Not a huge fan of the choice of using cgi animation for animating the characters but it lends a style to the work as a result. It has some great...scenes? Arrangements? I think the term for film is "shots" which refers to the way the scene is filmed, with regards to camera angling and positioning and how everything on the set flows together.

Anyway. Intriguing and entertaining first episode. It's a refreshing change of pace from the typical "everyone has blue hair and is a moe animoo grill" styled slice-of-life show with tons of bright colors.

It's not CGI, it's rotoscoping, where they film live actors then hand-draw over the top. It looks like it's deliberately made to look like that, because the rotoscoping technique can in fact be made to look like whatever you want, it's all about the drawing style you choose.

The scene flow has that naturalistic feel, because this is actually a film you're watching, but then they draw it as a cartoon.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:08:32 am by Reelya »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #21227 on: February 18, 2015, 09:18:12 am »

It's not CGI, it's rotoscoping, where they film live actors then hand-draw over the top. It looks like it's deliberately made to look like that, because the rotoscoping technique can in fact be made to look like whatever you want, it's all about the drawing style you choose.

The scene flow has that naturalistic feel, because this is actually a film you're watching, but then they draw it as a cartoon.
Huh. Well, today I learned.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21228 on: February 18, 2015, 11:56:27 am »

Has anyone seen the music video for the Death Parade OP yet?
Because I think you should.
Yeah this is amazing.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #21229 on: February 18, 2015, 11:59:03 am »

So today, Kancolle featured the Battle of the Coral Sea, in which light carrier Shouhou sank, and fleet carrier Shoukaku was significantly damaged.

[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #21230 on: February 18, 2015, 01:09:57 pm »

So today, Kancolle featured the Battle of the Coral Sea, in which light carrier Shouhou sank, and fleet carrier Shoukaku was significantly damaged.

Spoilers.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21231 on: February 18, 2015, 05:11:17 pm »

Spoilers everywhere, spoilers spoilers in your hair, something something something.

Also I see that and all I can think is that janet will be cheerful.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21232 on: February 18, 2015, 05:11:52 pm »

I'm a little curious, though.  Can you legitimately call spoiler shenanigans on historical events from over 70 years ago? 

It's like...I dunno, let's go with the one mentioned in that post and say the USS Yorktown, since I'll be frank and say that I don't really know any of the characters being portrayed in the anime.  Is it a spoiler to say that the Midway episode is going to be a bloodbath that won't end well for her, along with four of the Japanese carriers? 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 05:16:10 pm by Culise »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21233 on: February 18, 2015, 05:20:55 pm »

Sure. Not everyone has any knowledge whatsoever of the battle at midway, nor is (was?) there any guarantee a series as radically divorced from reality as to have shipgirls will actually adhere to existent history. Not only are you spoiling someone's history test, you're spoiling the narrative structure of the anime series itself. It's definitely spoilers. Everywhere. In hair.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21234 on: February 18, 2015, 05:47:42 pm »

Spoiler: SPOILER ALERT (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #21235 on: February 18, 2015, 05:54:19 pm »

Spoiler: SPOILER ALERT (click to show/hide)
You unbelievable bastard. I reflexively click spoilers!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21236 on: February 18, 2015, 05:55:27 pm »

You know, I'm sort of surprised there aren't a ton of KanColle/Sabaton AMVs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21237 on: February 18, 2015, 06:21:41 pm »

There should be a Quest or something about fighting an alien invasion with a crossover force of MS Girls (for space), Kancolle, Strike Witches, and uh... Darnit I can't think of any quintessential moe tank power armor thing.
It's FEF, not FEOF

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21238 on: February 18, 2015, 06:23:46 pm »

War of the Human Tanks? The other one I can think of is a doujin game. The Strike Witches series has Tank Wiches as well so I think they cover those too.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:26:11 pm by majikero »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21239 on: February 18, 2015, 06:26:24 pm »

Well it seems that Gundam Build Fighters Try has a Haijime No Ippo reference now. I didn't quite expect it.

I can see where the fight is going from a mile away mostly because the anime outright telegraphs it. So I am wondering if the show is going to challenge those expectations.

Actually that is probably the weirdest thing about the set up. You have three machines, you can have upsets like characters actually losing to their rivals or learning they are themselves inadequate without having the entire battle lost. Yet they don't really do anything with it.

Overall I don't really have much to say about this episode, it is a pretty forgettable episode. "What is ultimate strength" is probably going to be answered in the next episode. There are a few twists they could do to make the next episode interesting but I assume the bad guy is going to do some evil power up... do some sort of evil rant... the good guy is going to make his counter argument... then good guy wins.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:30:41 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 1414 1415 [1416] 1417 1418 ... 2193