Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1409 1410 [1411] 1412 1413 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066983 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #21150 on: February 09, 2015, 07:00:36 pm »

what even is haruhi

this show is dumb

i'm dumb for watching this

I think?

You are allowed to hate it. While I have episodes I LOVE!

The general thing that keeps me from liking it is the comedication of realistic displays of abuse and sexual abuse along with a Mary Sue Blackhole character that everyone likes because she is the main character and otherwise... no.

She is basically Enoby from My Immortal except not a Goff... "I am a monster to everyone!" "And we love you for it!"

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21151 on: February 09, 2015, 07:06:37 pm »

what even is haruhi

this show is dumb

i'm dumb for watching this

I think?

You are allowed to hate it. While I have episodes I LOVE!

The general thing that keeps me from liking it is the comedication of realistic displays of abuse and sexual abuse along with a Mary Sue Blackhole character that everyone likes because she is the main character and otherwise... no.

She is basically Enoby from My Immortal except not a Goff... "I am a monster to everyone!" "And we love you for it!"

i'm in the middle of Sigh

man this is fucked up

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21152 on: February 09, 2015, 07:23:08 pm »

Unpleasant rant in the spoiler... Put it in spoiler so people can still be happy people.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mind you... it isn't as bad as Familiar Zero... but honestly it is pretty impossible for anything to top that in terms of just sickening "abuse playing for laughs"
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 07:43:38 pm by Neonivek »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21153 on: February 09, 2015, 07:47:39 pm »

heh, ok, so the movie at the end is kind of making this worth it. It reminds me of the scenes at the end of Super 8, and it comes off as fucking hilarious.

But yeah, I thought the whole drugging Mitsuki and then making her kiss Koizumi was really fucked up.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21154 on: February 09, 2015, 08:50:11 pm »

Treating Haruhi as the protagonist instead of a plot device is kind of massively missing the point imo. It also may or may not help if you treat the series as Dr Who where the time traveling alien with vaguely defined psychic powers who usually goes by a nickname or the pseudonym "John Smith" and also recreated reality that one time is five different people. Oh, and there's also that one time where he split off part of himself because reasons? That part of Logopolis never made sense to me.

That said I agree that everything in season 2 past the first episode deserved a resounding meh.

Except for Endless Eight, 8/10 would get trolled again. -IGN
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 08:52:06 pm by Darvi »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21155 on: February 09, 2015, 08:57:36 pm »

Treating Haruhi as the protagonist instead of a plot device is kind of massively missing the point imo.

Kyon is the true main character, it is his journey explored through all the other characters. Haruhi sort of representing the enthusiasm he used to have in his life.

In fact all the characters represent different aspects of Kyon.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 09:01:32 pm by Neonivek »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21156 on: February 09, 2015, 09:00:03 pm »

No. Nor was I arguing about that either.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21157 on: February 09, 2015, 09:01:19 pm »

No. Nor was I arguing about that either.

Ahhh.

Sorry, I'll spoiler my stuff for happiness :P

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21158 on: February 09, 2015, 09:40:56 pm »

Unpleasant rant in the spoiler... Put it in spoiler so people can still be happy people.

Mind you... it isn't as bad as Familiar Zero... but honestly it is pretty impossible for anything to top that in terms of just sickening "abuse playing for laughs"

Try "He Is My Master"

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21159 on: February 09, 2015, 09:46:17 pm »

If nothing else, the alligator in that thing redeems it to some small degree. That's all I can really say.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21160 on: February 09, 2015, 09:50:17 pm »

Sigh of Haruhi Suzimiya aside, I have to say that most of the time the abuse heaped on Mitsuki tends to stay behind the line. Hell, most of the time it seems like she's either overreacting, or is just really that socially awkward that she can't endure some teasing from her friends.

And then Sigh happens, and there's this weird date rape thing going on, and physical abuse starts happening, and Kyon is made out to be the bad guy just because he was tired of watching Mitsuki getting the shit kicked out of her..

Yeah, still a good show. Just some down moments.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21161 on: February 09, 2015, 09:50:37 pm »

If nothing else, the alligator in that thing redeems it to some small degree. That's all I can really say.

It's kinda funny to say "gee that
reptile saves the show from being complete trash!"

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21162 on: February 09, 2015, 09:52:53 pm »

Yep. The AK wielding sections were pretty great. The manga's not entirely without its creative merits, skeeziness aside. Incidentally, as mentioned earlier re: HunterxHunter, Hisoka is kinda' awesome.*

More seriously, if you're actually looking for a series that tops either ZnT or that one on the abuse-for-laughs, you want Domina no Do. It is literally that, as a series of manga. All other things being equal, there's some amazing imagery in it. E2: Though, sweet hell alive I shouldn't have to note it, while there's nothing straight up explicit in the manga (though a couple of scenes come really damn close), it is most definitely NSFW.

*E: Though, now that I remember it probably needs clarification, I've not seen the anime of anything I've mentioned in these last few posts. Been talking strictly about the manga :P
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 09:58:57 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21163 on: February 09, 2015, 10:48:54 pm »

STILL not as bad as Familiar Zero...

Also I will watch "he's my master" just because I still find it unlikely it is worse.[/spoiler]

Wait I've been talked into watching another bad anime NOOO!!! Dang it what was the name of the good one? Gedouku? Gedou? Genkaikio?

Ok, for now I am going to try to stick with the positive about the animes I watch for now.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 05:43:19 am by Neonivek »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21164 on: February 10, 2015, 01:16:23 pm »

...Neo, you do realize that Haruhi is fundamentally god in that universe, right?  After carefully dissecting the episodes and the manga (don't know about the light novel, haven't seen it anywhere), the whole story is seems to be about Haruhi destroying and re-creating reality for Kyon (for some reason, could be that she's in love with him, could be that she's trying to help him, can't really sort it out in my own head).  If she didn't create that people Kyon interacts with then she certainly has re-purposed them (several times).  Not that this in any way justifies her actions.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 1409 1410 [1411] 1412 1413 ... 2193