Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1408 1409 [1410] 1411 1412 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067039 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #21135 on: February 08, 2015, 12:41:46 am »

Yeah but the Vocaloid people are VERY good at being rather kind to their audience

with popular fan creations even being featured in their games.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21136 on: February 08, 2015, 12:43:13 am »

Yeah but the Vocaloid people are VERY good at being rather kind to their audience

with popular fan creations even being featured in their games.

Yeah, because they "get" what the product is about - create your own music at home. So they deliberately promote the fan creations since it publicizes success stories of the product. They have a different eco-system with fan works than a typical mass-media franchise would.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:45:21 am by Reelya »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21137 on: February 08, 2015, 01:01:09 am »

Yeah it's kindof interesting how the songs are effectively crowdsourced.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21138 on: February 08, 2015, 01:02:36 am »

Well it is far better then how lets say... RPGmaker works Reelya

And I'd say RPGmaker is a similar set up.

The issue is the company is a bit of money grubbing lazy bastards. Willing to put the major work on the community and then if they do promote fanwork they try to skim money off the top.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 01:04:07 am by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21139 on: February 08, 2015, 10:45:48 am »

I watched Expelled From Paradise (2014) directed by Gen Urobuchi, and which was released not long ago. Just ... one of the worst movies I've seen in a long long time. Definite worst anime film I ever saw. Uses full CGI, badly, but tries to have an anime look. This makes the heroine's face look distorted and ugly during tsundere moments which are meant to be cute.

Also watched Sakasama no Patema (2013), which was directed by the guy behind Pale Cocoon and Eve no Jikan. This was a good movie. Interesting concepts explored as usual, but the movie is far more plot-driven than anything he made before. The plot itself (especially the villain) was the weak point, but it was still very enjoyable.

And just now I saw The Sky Crawlers (2008), by Mamoru Oshii. I liked this one too. It had some intense action sequences, but much of the time the movie was slow and brooding. But I expected that, since he also made Jin Roh.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 10:58:45 am by Reelya »

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21140 on: February 08, 2015, 04:29:38 pm »

Is it just me, or have the last two major anime seasons been seriously junk?

Tokyo Ghoul is semi-unwatchable due to a combination of the source material turning from an actually interesting story into shounen punch-fighter #1450445, adaptation decay and the sheer amount of censorship. Parasyte is great, but I've read the manga years ago. And... That's pretty much all the new stuff that's came out.

The only worthwhile shows I've seen are Log Horizon season 2 and Chaika season 2, and Log Horizon is one of those shows where you have to watch it all in one big block or you get lost as all hell.

P.S. I'm basically asking for recommendations here.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21141 on: February 08, 2015, 04:44:46 pm »

JoJo is on again, and Death Parade is pretty cool (watch Death Billiards first).

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21142 on: February 08, 2015, 04:45:54 pm »

I'm really liking Yoru no Yatterman so far.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21143 on: February 08, 2015, 04:46:15 pm »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #21144 on: February 08, 2015, 06:11:56 pm »

If the recent seasons are junk, maybe watch some old stuff from past seasons or something?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21145 on: February 08, 2015, 07:18:06 pm »

Is it just me, or have the last two major anime seasons been seriously junk?

Tokyo Ghoul is semi-unwatchable due to a combination of the source material turning from an actually interesting story into shounen punch-fighter #1450445, adaptation decay and the sheer amount of censorship. Parasyte is great, but I've read the manga years ago. And... That's pretty much all the new stuff that's came out.

The only worthwhile shows I've seen are Log Horizon season 2 and Chaika season 2, and Log Horizon is one of those shows where you have to watch it all in one big block or you get lost as all hell.

Last few seasons:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Mushishi S2
Parasyte
Aldnoah Zero (S2 just started)
Shingeki no Bahamut
Akatsuki no Yona
Shirobako
Barakamon
Sabagebu!
Gugure Kokkuri-san
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Yuri Kuma Arashi (new)

For lulz: Cross Ange, Ore no Twintail, Momo Kyun Sword

For sports: Yowamushi Pedal and Kuroko's Basketball (S3 airing now)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:23:44 pm by Reelya »

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21146 on: February 08, 2015, 11:35:21 pm »

Rolling Girls, this season, is pretty great; it's refreshingly fun and cheerful, has great art, the characters are mostly interesting - though a couple seem to have basically no characterisation but being as moe as possible - and there's no ecchi.  At all.  And there's a real plot despite all that.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #21147 on: February 08, 2015, 11:39:33 pm »

More vocaloid stuff. Found some examples of the upcoming "growl" feature in Vocaloid4. An in song example can be seen in this Japanese vocaloid cover of The Cranberries' song Zombie (originally a song in english). The growling effect specifically can be heard during the chorus with the vocaloid saying "zombie". There's also usage throughout the song, generally anywhere the vocaloid's voice has this wavering sound quality.

Also there's a short clip of the feature being used in the program, with an un-growling sound clip at the same tone as the growl, to show the difference. Video's in japanese but pretty easy to distinguish what's happening based on context. The program UI seems...I dunno, less complicated than I was imagining.

Growl effect as shown here isn't as heavy as I was imagining but I'd imagine with the feature people can get creative and get some metalcore-tier growls and screams out of it. The effect reminds me of guitar distortion, actually. Sounds like a slight crunch.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21148 on: February 09, 2015, 06:54:17 pm »

JoJo is on again, and Death Parade is pretty cool (watch Death Billiards first).

Pretty much this.
It admittedly is not a very exciting season, but next looks even worse from a gentle perusal.

Finally I have 100% finished Legend of The Galactic Heroes; now for nothing to ever reach the same level.
It may be influenced by a lot of things (Foundation, Star Wars, ect), but it's a compelling narrative nonetheless.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21149 on: February 09, 2015, 06:58:39 pm »

what even is haruhi

this show is dumb

i'm dumb for watching this

I think?
Pages: 1 ... 1408 1409 [1410] 1411 1412 ... 2193