Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1407 1408 [1409] 1410 1411 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066835 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #21120 on: February 06, 2015, 04:02:54 am »

Finally got around to watching the last half of SAO II. I was fine for the first part but those last few episodes... ALL THE FEELS! :'(

I was bawling for almost the entire last episode. :'(
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21121 on: February 06, 2015, 04:43:07 am »

So. Saw the first few episodes of HunterxHunter (the new one, apparently). Definitely winning the award for darkest series compared to how dark it seems to admit to being; you've got people straight-up dying left and right, but nobody seems particularly concerned or perturbed about it.

Now to wait for somebody the main characters know to die so they can give a half-hour cry montage over it. :P
Spoiler: Minor Spoilers (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21122 on: February 06, 2015, 09:35:41 am »

So. Saw the first few episodes of HunterxHunter (the new one, apparently). Definitely winning the award for darkest series compared to how dark it seems to admit to being; you've got people straight-up dying left and right, but nobody seems particularly concerned or perturbed about it.

Now to wait for somebody the main characters know to die so they can give a half-hour cry montage over it. :P
Spoiler: Minor Spoilers (click to show/hide)
I think its a pretty long wait, if I remember correctly.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21123 on: February 06, 2015, 10:41:11 am »

I think the saddest thing about the anime is it's probably not going to pull off that amazing scene with the speech bubbles and the naked pederast. Makes the whole manga worthwhile, that page does.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21124 on: February 06, 2015, 10:44:02 am »

The new Madhouse anime of Hunter x Hunter is great. I watched like 50-60 episodes over this winter break.

I really loved the first arc with the Hunter Exam. I think it kind of weakens after that, but then gets better again. At least where I'm at.
Spoiler: I am at (click to show/hide)

Basically, it's probably the best battle shounen I've seen in recent memory. Everybody watch the remake. It's kind of a battle shounen, but it feels a bit smarter and...darker.

And before anybody asks, Hisoka is amazing.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 10:45:33 am by ToonyMan »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21125 on: February 06, 2015, 10:58:49 am »

Yeah, first arc was the most fun for me too.  The rest of it is okay, except for the
but doesn't have the charm of the hunter exam bits.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21126 on: February 07, 2015, 06:17:35 am »

So, I've been watching 'Hagime No Ippo: The FIghting!" And may I say how much of a amazing series this is? I mean, those Impacts, Hype as shit.
Hagime No Ippo: The Hypest.
Anyway, just finished off 'the unfinished next counter!' and does anyone else think that was a bit of a cop-out?
Not the fight itself, visceral and punchy as usual, but the part about
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21127 on: February 07, 2015, 06:23:39 am »

I wouldn't call that a "cop out".

« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 06:33:31 am by Reelya »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21128 on: February 07, 2015, 06:35:29 am »

True, bit heavy words for what I meant.
What I was talking about was when he
I get the part about honour, but still.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21129 on: February 07, 2015, 05:53:43 pm »

Well I am still having faith in Fairy Tale...

BAMN! first thing I see? People ask Natsu (Think of him like Luffy but twice as rowdy and fight happy... and with more ADHD then normal) to take care of their 4-6 year old child.

Seriously Fairytale? There MUST be better people then him...

Fairytale your breaking my heart!

Dang it what was that other anime... Gaddou? Gekkinu? DANG IT!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 05:56:09 pm by Neonivek »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21130 on: February 07, 2015, 07:06:09 pm »

Huh, today's Aldnoah was surprisingly decent.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #21131 on: February 08, 2015, 12:09:52 am »

Vocaloid stuff? vocaloid stuff.

Ruby is a vocaloid that sings in english. And sounds pretty good actually. Like, dayuuum. I want more music with her voice in it ASAP.

Unfortunately she still seems in development as of January 23 2015, but she's supposed to be released in the upcoming VOCALOID4 engine. Which is supposed to release..."soon". That's the only info I can find on the release date, which I found on a vocaloid wiki. Vocaloid 4 also includes stuff like a "growl" feature meant to give vocaloids a realistic growling tone to their singing. Vocaloid english metalcore seems possible in the future.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21132 on: February 08, 2015, 12:19:04 am »

That's sounding pretty cool. I can just imagine a couple of generations (a decade or two at most) later this stuff is going to really be indistinguishable from human singers, and they'll probably ship with lots of parameters you can tweak to create your own "singer" at home rather than have so much which needs to be done in a studio. Does anyone know if it's possible to embed a vocaloid engine into games and the like? Or do you have to pre-record everything?

I really must get into this vocaloid stuff since I play instruments but can't sing to save my life.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21133 on: February 08, 2015, 12:22:29 am »

I don't get this vocaloid thing :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21134 on: February 08, 2015, 12:24:17 am »

What don't you get? You don't get what it is, or don't get why people like it?

What it is, is software to synthesize a singing voice, which was developed by Yamaha. Yamaha then licensed the technology to studios, who sampled real singers and sold "voice packs" as add-ons for the core program. This was all marketed to recording studio professionals, and the voices were just sold as voices: "female voice A" and the like. Then, one company decided there was an untapped market of young home users. They created the voice of Hatsune Miku. But unlike previous studios selling voice packs, they created an entire character around the voice and hired a professional anime character designer to create her image. By creating a character / visual representation for the voice they created a whole new market and pushed sales of the Vocaloid engine software through the roof. So, Hatsune Miku started as a piece of software which is an add-on for the Vocaloid program. The expansion gives you new voices to use for the synthesizer, and has her picture on the cover. That's the whole story. Given the success of the first "character voice" this caused a huge shift in the market, and now no studio would consider just creating/selling a "voice pack" without creating a character to go along with it. You have all the typical franchise merchandizing opportunities then: Hatsune Miku figurines, games, cups, hats, etc.

As for why people like it, it's similar to the appeal of Touhou. Vocaloid is at heart, music creation software sold by Yamaha. The whole thing with characters like Hatsune Miku & Friends was created by smaller companies as a way to sell add-on packs for the program. The companies involved make a wide range of media featuring the characters and their voices. But since the software is also about creating your own music videos at home, a huge amount of fan created content sprung up around the franchise.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:41:53 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1407 1408 [1409] 1410 1411 ... 2193