Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1394 1395 [1396] 1397 1398 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3065417 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #20925 on: January 27, 2015, 02:19:38 pm »

A dollop of ice cream in your eye wouldn't be painful unless it was frozen rock solid. And the ice-cream they use for cones isn't solidly frozen. Maybe if they shove the pointy end of the cone in your eye that would be painful. Humans have a really good blink reaction too, if anything comes near your eye at a speed less than supersonic, so odds on the eye will be closed.

Why do you think ice-cream would be "incredibly" painful rather than just e.g. a colder version of getting a pie in the face? The stuff melts pretty damn fast, too. If you got ice on your face it would take a while to start actually hurting from the cold, and ice cream doesn't have the coldness staying power of ice.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:24:01 pm by Reelya »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20926 on: January 27, 2015, 02:23:06 pm »

... are, uh. Are you sure? Have you ever actually had ice cream in your eye? Because they tend to put stuff like salt in ice cream. Plenty of other irritants, too.

I actually have ended up with a lil'bit of ice cream to the eyeball before. It burnt.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20927 on: January 27, 2015, 02:36:27 pm »

No more Maoyuu? Seriously?

Man, where the hell else am I supposed to get political/socio-economic thrillers from in anime, Code Geass?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20928 on: January 27, 2015, 02:45:58 pm »

Man, where the hell else am I supposed to get political/socio-economic thrillers from in anime, Code Geass?
C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control

Haven't watched it, but it sounds like Pokemon, but the trainers are called "Entrepreneurs", the creatures are called "Assets" and they fight in tournaments called "Deals" in the "Financial District" which is some sort of alternate dimension where they have illegal fights.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:49:49 pm by Reelya »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20929 on: January 27, 2015, 02:56:57 pm »

Haven't watched it, but it sounds like Pokemon, but the trainers are called "Entrepreneurs", the creatures are called "Assets" and they fight in tournaments called "Deals" in the "Financial District" which is some sort of alternate dimension where they have illegal fights.
It makes Stocks Fun!™
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20930 on: January 27, 2015, 03:04:03 pm »

I was not fond of C:_Money, I found the hero and heroine to be both incredibly bland.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #20931 on: January 27, 2015, 03:36:07 pm »

Yeah, it was ok, but it's not on my favorites list.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20932 on: January 27, 2015, 04:57:50 pm »

Just started the Rolling Girls. I can see the comparisons to KLK, but I think stylisitcally it's a lot closer to Kyouso Giga.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 04:59:51 pm by Reelya »

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20933 on: January 27, 2015, 05:44:13 pm »

I *think* it's this one.

"Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Be Mine, Hero!" "I refuse!"

But regardless that page has links to all the others anyway, so it's still useful.
I remember reading that while back, thanks for reminding me! It was actually pretty damn good too, from what I remember...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20934 on: January 27, 2015, 06:04:49 pm »

Spoiler: Joshiraku (click to show/hide)

You can't tell me what to do!
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20935 on: January 27, 2015, 06:47:43 pm »

It's more like Persona than Pokemon. As in, it might as well be Persona 3: The Pseudo-Anime Series.

I did actually like it, though I will agree the protagonists are a bit bland. But you know what?
That show was the first time I ever saw a protagonist
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would give it a watch if you like Persona or the idea of a more serious arena battle show themed around money, finances, and dealing with losses.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #20936 on: January 27, 2015, 07:25:34 pm »

Shirobako is an anime about an anime production team producing an anime. It's neat to see the process. Also, it has cute anime girls. Cute anime girls animating cute anime girls. Unfortunately the anime they're producing is not an anime about producing an anime, otherwise it could be even more meta.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20937 on: January 27, 2015, 07:33:45 pm »

Shirobako is an anime about an anime production team producing an anime. It's neat to see the process. Also, it has cute anime girls. Cute anime girls animating cute anime girls. Unfortunately the anime they're producing is not an anime about producing an anime, otherwise it could be even more meta.
That sounds neat.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #20938 on: January 27, 2015, 07:41:57 pm »

That reminds me of an episode of Paranoia Agent where they showed the process of an anime being made, and the production staff was driven mad trying to get the episode made on time. Naturally, Lil' Slugger was there to give them headache relief via golden baseball bat, one by one.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20939 on: January 27, 2015, 07:51:54 pm »

Shirobako isn't as violent as that, but it does have the same headaches.

Unfortunately, Shirobako does have some sense, and the entire animation team aren't lolis. It has a wide range of well-written character types, both male and female. No loli director. Sadly, it's a very sensible series.

I love the fictitious anime which destroyed the director's career prior to the series:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 07:55:35 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1394 1395 [1396] 1397 1398 ... 2193