Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1385 1386 [1387] 1388 1389 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3062526 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #20790 on: January 18, 2015, 05:23:36 am »

Death Parade is off to a good start. I only needed to know that it was the expanded upon Death Billiards ova to catch my attention. It's easily been more than a year, but I remember that ova vividly in how much I liked it.

Now we just need Little Witch Academia to get it's own series, and all will be right with the world.

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20791 on: January 18, 2015, 11:53:24 am »

Now we just need Little Witch Academia to get it's own series, and all will be right with the world.

I will buy the BDs if that is what it takes. Trigger needs another anime original. Keep it 1-cour, though. Don't spread the budget too thin.
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20792 on: January 18, 2015, 12:08:53 pm »

I just got around to watching ep 2 of Death Parade, and I'm a little disappointed. It just feels too... on the nose. I felt that all the exposition and world building detracts from the mystique and ambiguity that makes the setting interesting. I feel it's the hallmark of a good drama to give the audience exactly what it needs to catch their attention, and then leave the rest to the imagination, and having characters give you a big tour guide of the whole show and all the characters introduce themselves, and elaborate what their jobs, abilities, and intentions are, is just TOO ON THE NOSE.

Hopefully my enjoyment of the series is not severely damaged by this direction they're taking, but I'm feeling it might, which is why I bring it up.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20793 on: January 18, 2015, 12:43:07 pm »

I will buy the BDs if that is what it takes. Trigger needs another anime original. Keep it 1-cour, though. Don't spread the budget too thin.
We'll see how Ninja Slayer X Animation turns out, their budget dropped like a stone apparently for this series but they got the guy from Inferno Cop running the show so lets see what they can do.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #20794 on: January 19, 2015, 05:17:18 am »

Just finished the second episode of The Rolling Girls. Not quite as epic as the first one, but the fact that it was a little more story setup heavy made up for it. Very interested to see where they go from here.

Also, WHO IS MACCHA GREEN? FIND OUT THIS AND MORE IN THE LATEST EPISODE OF "THE ROLLING GIRLS"!

(I couldn't resist :P)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #20795 on: January 19, 2015, 08:39:22 am »

[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20796 on: January 19, 2015, 12:25:36 pm »

Somebody leaked the names of several upcoming KanColle episodes.
Sounds more like a parody.

I watched the first episode.  Too much emphasis on cute girls.  Do they even have a concept for casualties in this series?  Will any of the cute ship girls ever be killeddestroyed?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20797 on: January 19, 2015, 12:31:45 pm »

Too much emphasis on cute girls.

Yep, definitely sounds like KanColle.

Also ship girls can definitely die/sink in the original game, but whether that'll ever happen in the anime... Probably not? And would it really make the show any better if they did?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20798 on: January 19, 2015, 01:49:39 pm »

Also ship girls can definitely die/sink in the original game, but whether that'll ever happen in the anime... Probably not? And would it really make the show any better if they did?
Eh, depends on the writing.  I ask cause they are obviously sinking/destroying the enemy ship girls...  conveniently enveloped by large explosions or something.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20799 on: January 19, 2015, 02:50:05 pm »

Somebody leaked the names of several upcoming KanColle episodes.
Sounds more like a parody.
Of course it's a parody. Do you really think Fubuki Does Not Have Enough Star Chips To Challenge Maximilian Pegasus and Loses would be a real episode?
I watched the first episode.  Too much emphasis on cute girls.  Do they even have a concept for casualties in this series?  Will any of the cute ship girls ever be killeddestroyed?
I think the next episode will be a good indicator of what direction the anime is heading towards. If Kisaragi is damaged but not sunk, then there's not going to be any sinking. If Kisaragi sinks, she'll have sunk and there might be more sinkings. If she's totally fine, we might not have any sinkings, or the anime is winding up to throw a massive curve ball.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20800 on: January 19, 2015, 02:53:39 pm »

Do you really think Fubuki Does Not Have Enough Star Chips To Challenge Maximilian Pegasus and Loses would be a real episode?
It'd be pretty great if it was...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #20801 on: January 19, 2015, 03:12:36 pm »

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20802 on: January 20, 2015, 11:25:53 pm »

Picked up Yoru No Yatterman and I absolutely love it. Great concept and really heartfelt but fun.

It takes place generations after the original Yattterman 70s kid show where the descendants of the Yattermen have become the corrupt rulers of Yatter Kingdom after a huge war, and the descendants of the Doronbo Gang, the villain trio of the old show, take up the mantles of their ancestors and become heroic freedom fighters against the regime. You don't need to have seen the old show to get it in case you're worried, I had never heard of it until I learned about this show.

So in a word it's Team Rocket meets Megaman Zero
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 11:53:34 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20803 on: January 21, 2015, 05:00:10 am »

That sounds like fun ...

I'm a bit slow this season, still catching up returning shows, saving the new ones to check out last.

Just watched the first episode of Tokyo Ghoul S2. This is really weird. The end of S1 felt like there was an episode missing, it had a weird introspective finale which didn't advance the action that was happening at all, it was like an NGE type ending. The first episode of S2 actually finishes off the action that was going on and ends on a clear chapter boundary: with one major arc finishing and hinting at the next one with the protagonist walking into the sunset (so to speak). It's like this episode was meant to be the season finale but it got totally held over for some reason. Maybe they fucked up their production deadline, it's the only thing that makes sense, with this ep being the clear finale of the last season, and there being that weird placeholder episode.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 05:05:07 am by Reelya »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20804 on: January 21, 2015, 11:30:59 am »

Oh boy oh boy oh boy.

Episode 3 of KanColle just aired. I guess we know what direction the show is going now.

Spoiler: Like, actual spoilers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:38:12 am by Boksi »

Pages: 1 ... 1385 1386 [1387] 1388 1389 ... 2193