Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1349 1350 [1351] 1352 1353 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058791 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #20250 on: November 20, 2014, 10:40:02 pm »

Spoiler: Gundam Reconguista (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20251 on: November 21, 2014, 04:55:00 am »

Does anyone have any recommendations for anime? I enjoy Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, sort of Bleach, Black Lagoon and Soul Eater. Oh and Hellsing... the manga only though. I have no idea which series to watch. I'm heading to a comic/book/anime/movie con (Supernova in Adelaide) tomorrow and I have some cash to spend.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:59:25 am by Gamerlord »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #20252 on: November 21, 2014, 10:17:31 am »

That seems to fall under the general realm of 'action stuff''. So, uh....

Watch Cowboy Bebop. Yeah. Can't go wrong with that one
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20253 on: November 21, 2014, 10:56:38 am »

You could try Samurai Champloo as well, made by the same guy who made Cowboy Bebop. Or something like that.
Also, I highly recommend Space Brothers. Not very action-packed but still a mature manga/anime without being sexual or violence related.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20254 on: November 21, 2014, 11:36:44 am »

If your experience with the Hellsing anime was the original run, ignore that shite and watch the Hellsing Ultimate OVAs. Berserk and Claymore (manga-only, for different reasons). Probably Baccano! as well, it doesn't mesh with the shonen-y feel of a lot of what you named, but it's excellent overall and has some good action. Seconding Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo for obvious reasons. Fist of the North Star is likewise a classic for a reason. If I don't, someone else will probably recommend Fate/Zero.

The anime adaption of the first Seirei no Moribito novel is pretty great, considering how little mention I've seen of it. Here are two of its fights.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #20255 on: November 21, 2014, 01:01:02 pm »

You know, that first video for some reason reminded me of good old Rurouni Kenshin.

Which is a pretty damn good anime also. At least first 50 or so episodes.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #20256 on: November 21, 2014, 03:19:44 pm »

Does anyone have any recommendations for anime? I enjoy Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, sort of Bleach, Black Lagoon and Soul Eater. Oh and Hellsing... the manga only though. I have no idea which series to watch. I'm heading to a comic/book/anime/movie con (Supernova in Adelaide) tomorrow and I have some cash to spend.
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works. The 2014 anime, not the old one or the movie. I recommend that after you watch it you watch Fate/Zero, which is actually the sequel but its meant to be watch later. There is also a movie of it coming out in 2015, but it follows a different route (Heavens Feel).
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:13:01 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #20257 on: November 21, 2014, 04:08:52 pm »

Chaika the Coffin Princess seems up your alley. Similar "heroes on a journey with friendship and action and stuff" that Naruto sorta has going.

Also if you somehow haven't watched Kill la Kill and Attack on Titan you should totally watch them.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20258 on: November 21, 2014, 05:01:12 pm »

Thanks, oh and Sarzael, can you give me the order that F/S N is to be watched in? I like the premise it's just too annoying for me to figure out how to watch it.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20259 on: November 21, 2014, 05:08:00 pm »

Well technically the order goes Fate/Stay Night, Unlimited Blade Works, Heavens Feel, Fate Zero. But the Fate Stay Night anime is considered a subpar adaptation that also makes out Shirou to be more of an idiot than he is thanks to the removal of his internal monologue from the VN. Theoretically you could also read the LP of the VN on the LP archive but since you're only interested in the anime at the moment just watch unlimited blade works. FSN, UBW, and HF are all alternate routes of the same story and so are sortof alternate universe to eachother in a way. But viewed in order they're suppose to tell a complete story about the major themes of the franchise.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #20260 on: November 21, 2014, 05:10:18 pm »

Thanks, oh and Sarzael, can you give me the order that F/S N is to be watched in? I like the premise it's just too annoying for me to figure out how to watch it.
As long as you dont watch the old movie or F/SN anime, you can watch Fate/Zero or FSN in any order. Fate/Zero comes first in timeline, but F/SN was made first and I recommend watching F/SN before F/Z.
The reason there is so much confusion is because F/SN is a Visual Novel with three routes, based on a series of choices you can make.
The routes are: Fate, Unlimited Blade Works and Heavens Feel.
Unlimited Blade Works is currently being adapted as an anime (Its the one I recommended watching first).
There is a planned movie for Heavens Feel in 2015, perhaps a series of movies.

Fate/Zero is a prequel for all of the routes, but it spoilers a lot of things that happen mainly during the Heavens Feel route.

TLDR: I recommend watching the new F/SN anime and if possible the upcoming movie in 2015 before watching Fate/Zero, but if you watch F/Z first is good too. Just dont watch the old F/SN or the old movie, as they are BAAAD.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #20261 on: November 21, 2014, 05:27:19 pm »

Why don't you go read the VN for the full experience instead of becoming a filthy secondary?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #20262 on: November 21, 2014, 05:34:41 pm »

Why don't you go read the VN for the full experience instead of becoming a filthy secondary?
Who are you talking to? I have already read the VN, played Fate/Extra CCC, Read Hollow Ataraxia, etc etc etc. And I can say, the current anime is as nearly good as the actual UBW arc so far, with the added bonus of it being animated.
Speaking about Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, if UBW sells 100K BR Copies they will adapt Fate Hollow Ataraxia GUARANTEED (They may do it with less though).

http://bosel.blog64.fc2.com/blog-entry-3118.html

Tbh, I would prefer a Fate Apocrypha anime (Maybe we will get it later on, Fate Apocrypha novel isnt over yet.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 05:36:44 pm by Sarzael »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20263 on: November 21, 2014, 06:16:43 pm »

Because it's incredibly long and most of it is boring

e: This is coming from someone who read the whole thing.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #20264 on: November 21, 2014, 06:32:02 pm »

Because it's incredibly long and most of it is boring

e: This is coming from someone who read the whole thing.
Your definition of boring seems to differ from mine.
Judging (could be wrong) from your post it seems you only want instant action and dont care about character development and the other many things the VN has to offer. You should do good in remembering your opinion is subjective and may differ from others.

TLDR: I believe you should edit to ĻIn my opinion, it was boring and way to longĻ or something similar. That post made you sound like a whiny kid.
Pages: 1 ... 1349 1350 [1351] 1352 1353 ... 2193