Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1340 1341 [1342] 1343 1344 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058114 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #20115 on: November 09, 2014, 02:27:18 pm »

So I've just started watching Bokurano.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You don't watch alot of depressing stuff then.

But I really loved Bokurano. It's been years and years since the exactly one watchthrough I did of it, but the theme song still haunts me a little to this day.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20116 on: November 09, 2014, 07:04:27 pm »

Oddly enough, I just now started to watch the Jojo Bizzare adventure anime.

BY GOD WHY HAVENT I STARTED WATCHING THIS SOONER.

The only reason I have a hard time starting is because one of the strongest characters in the anime... is a Pug

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20117 on: November 09, 2014, 07:50:05 pm »

What?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20118 on: November 09, 2014, 07:51:37 pm »

From what I've heard of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? That wouldn't surprise me at all. The show/series/manga/anime/whateveryouwanttocallit is rather out there...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20119 on: November 09, 2014, 07:52:33 pm »

Ayayay are you really hung up over Iggy of all things? he's awesome, and is only in the second half of Part 3. To be honest as far as the powerlevels of the entire series goes he's not that powerful in the long run anyways. Pure brute force and defense isn't actually the most useful attribute in Jojo. Not to mention that's kindof a weird thing to get bothered by in the first place...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 07:54:07 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #20120 on: November 10, 2014, 12:12:13 am »

Grisaia episode 6

One 5-7 hour VN route.

In one episode.

Also we anime original deviation WTF bullshit now.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20121 on: November 10, 2014, 01:46:21 am »

My god Parasyte is amazing. How did I go this long ignoring it.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20122 on: November 10, 2014, 04:06:13 am »

A couple of years back I used the term Yandere to describe some character or other, and really got abused here by one young dude for misusing Japanese, since she's a "yangire". Well I just decided to use Google Trends to get a better idea when the term actually came into existence, and it turns out yangire only arose as a word in mid 2010, well after the show under discussion (Higurashi) came out, 2006. So most people discussing the show were still using "yandere" when the show was current.

Googling around it looks like smartasses were already calling people out for "abusing" japanese for now knowing the new word yangire from around 12 months after it first appeared. It really irks me as someone who's watched anime for a long time to be treated like an ignorant noob because I'm not up on every new little bit of slang coined.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20123 on: November 10, 2014, 06:53:52 am »

In unrelated news

This doesn't really make a huge amount of sense, but I knew it was going to happen due to those last lines in season 1.

PLOT TWIST TWIST

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20124 on: November 10, 2014, 06:57:56 am »

In unrelated news

This doesn't really make a huge amount of sense, but I knew it was going to happen due to those last lines in season 1.

PLOT TWIST TWIST
Spoiler: spoiler? (click to show/hide)
edit: corrected a slight fail on my part.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 08:09:33 pm by Ultimuh »

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20125 on: November 10, 2014, 09:42:45 am »

Spoiler: spoiler? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: spoilah zero (click to show/hide)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20126 on: November 10, 2014, 09:49:27 am »

Oddly enough, I just now started to watch the Jojo Bizzare adventure anime.

BY GOD WHY HAVENT I STARTED WATCHING THIS SOONER.

The only reason I have a hard time starting is because one of the strongest characters in the anime... is a Pug

It's ~50 episodes in and he hasn't appeared yet. And I don't think he's even in Part IV. So he's going to be in the next half of the current arc only. He's a side character in part of one arc that we haven't gotten up to yet.

strongest characters in the anime

Yeah, no. Since at this point he hasn't even been mentioned yet. He's not "in" the anime as it stands.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 09:54:08 am by Reelya »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20127 on: November 10, 2014, 10:56:16 am »

Everybody knows that King Crimson's the most powerful stand anyway because nobody can figure out how the fuck it works.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 10:58:17 am by Darvi »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20128 on: November 10, 2014, 05:51:13 pm »

Ayayay are you really hung up over Iggy of all things? he's awesome, and is only in the second half of Part 3. To be honest as far as the powerlevels of the entire series goes he's not that powerful in the long run anyways. Pure brute force and defense isn't actually the most useful attribute in Jojo. Not to mention that's kindof a weird thing to get bothered by in the first place...

No, it is just that. It gives me the impression of a high-action comedy series... Like those bad filler episodes of Bleach or Naruto turned into a whole series.

So the association reflex is difficult to overcome.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20129 on: November 10, 2014, 06:26:16 pm »

A couple of years back I used the term Yandere to describe some character or other, and really got abused here by one young dude for misusing Japanese, since she's a "yangire". Well I just decided to use Google Trends to get a better idea when the term actually came into existence, and it turns out yangire only arose as a word in mid 2010, well after the show under discussion (Higurashi) came out, 2006. So most people discussing the show were still using "yandere" when the show was current.

Googling around it looks like smartasses were already calling people out for "abusing" japanese for now knowing the new word yangire from around 12 months after it first appeared. It really irks me as someone who's watched anime for a long time to be treated like an ignorant noob because I'm not up on every new little bit of slang coined.
I don't know what a yangire is but yandere means "someone whose affection towards another person causes them to go crazy and become violent", so it doesn't fit anyone in Higurashi very well.
Everybody knows that King Crimson's the most powerful stand anyway because nobody can figure out how the fuck it works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33kAMeHVzBA
Pages: 1 ... 1340 1341 [1342] 1343 1344 ... 2193