Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3060712 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #19695 on: October 09, 2014, 11:58:33 am »

They animated parasyte? Shit....Did they animate the scene where the alien turns into a giant penis, and the guy is all like "Fuck, my forearm is a giant penis?"
Tragically that part was cut.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19696 on: October 09, 2014, 02:44:24 pm »

You know, for all of the shit that Zeon gets for their wacky designs and vehicles, can we take a moment to remember the Federation's module fetish? Because they definitely had one. You started with the Core Fighter, which was originally supposed to be an escape pod and not a full blown fighter craft, and then attached the Gundam/Guntank A and B parts to it to form a mobile suit. And you also had the experimental G-Fighter, which could split in half and combine with the Gundam to form the G-Armour. Or you could attach the back half of the G-Fighter to a Core Fighter to form a G-Sky instead, if you wanted a kind of super fighter. Plus the front half of the G-Fighter could be used a tank all by itself, at which point you called it a G-Bull. And I'm probably missing some more stuff too, because I haven't finished watching Gundam yet.

And yeah, most of this transforming/modular stuff never was used extensively on the front lines. But I'm pretty sure that if the designers had more leeway, the Federation's weapons would have been just as weird as Zeon's.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19697 on: October 09, 2014, 02:58:42 pm »

What Gundam series was most inlove with vehicle designs?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19698 on: October 09, 2014, 03:01:18 pm »

...please explain the question further?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19699 on: October 09, 2014, 03:02:34 pm »

...please explain the question further?

What gundam loved vehicles the most... like had the most vehicles take part in the plot, be grunts, and even have major characters ride vehicles instead of gundams.

Gundam Build Fighters I found interesting in that it had exactly 2 vehicles.

Also oddly enough the "Mech fighting crossover turn based RPG" game actually has quite a few vehicles in it.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 03:04:13 pm by Neonivek »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19700 on: October 09, 2014, 03:03:54 pm »

...08th MS team I guess? Or the original series. But the designs for said vehicles don't really matter in this context. They're just vehicles. So the questions a bit odd. And to be honest jsut saying vehicle gets weird. Because then you delve into the messy issue of transforming and combiner units. And booster pack units. And battleships.

Also Super Robot Wars is not that hard of a name to remember >_>
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 03:17:59 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19701 on: October 09, 2014, 03:08:47 pm »

What does that even mean.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19702 on: October 09, 2014, 03:17:14 pm »

What does that even mean.
It means neo missed a space.
You know, for all of the shit that Zeon gets for their wacky designs and vehicles, can we take a moment to remember the Federation's module fetish?
Feddies got a lot more plot bullshit, iirc. I'm not so sure it was a love of modules per se, so much as modules happened to be a convenient way to pull out said plot BS.

That said, the fed-equivalent side does tend to have more module-y stuff. The secondary reason for that is that it lets 'em bugger about with gundams without changing the iconic shape and whatnot. Zeon expy gets a lot more freedom in design, since they tend to not be so burdened with the boring-as-hell gundam design pattern, so they do tend to be more likely to end up weird.

But they also get stuff like the goddamn Zaku (N^1000 times more aesthetically awesome than the gundam SIEG ZEON) and Xamel and whatnot. It's almost a shame the metaphorical bad guys get all the good looking designs.

... but yeah, basically, it's not so much that the feds have a module fetish as they have a gundam fetish, which locks them into modules as the only way to do anything approaching interesting. IMO, of course.

E: If you haven't noticed, I'm kinda' of the opinion that the greatest weakness of the gundam shows is the gundam. It would be infinitely better if it was the Zaku shows :3
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 03:19:35 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19703 on: October 09, 2014, 03:22:43 pm »

The Federation does use more varied designs in Zeta... it just that afterwards they stop because at that point monoeyes get associated with so much of the bad factions in the UC that it would be like dressing your troops up like stormtroopers.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 03:39:10 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19704 on: October 09, 2014, 03:27:15 pm »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19705 on: October 09, 2014, 03:46:01 pm »

In other Gundam news, dues to the hospitalization of Masashi Hirose, Ramba Ral in Gundam Build Fighters Try will be voiced by Katsuhisa Hōki from episode 4 and onwards.

Also they are letting fans vote for what MS they want to cameo in Build Fighters the most. Personally throwing my support in for ル・シーニュ which is the Le Cygne Gundam from Ecole du Ciel, a manga set between 0079 and Zeta, and is pretty notable for being the only Gundam story to have a female main character and Gundam pilot.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 03:49:49 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19706 on: October 09, 2014, 03:46:45 pm »

What the heck is with that things REALLY REALLY pronounced crotch plate?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19707 on: October 09, 2014, 03:48:05 pm »

It's cause its a transforming unit. And to help it balance on its teeny tiny feet
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19708 on: October 09, 2014, 03:50:57 pm »

It's cause its a transforming unit. And to help it balance on its teeny tiny feet

Honestly it barely looks like it is meant to use those feet, only being there to prop it up. It looks like one of the FEW Gundams actually meant to be in space (and there are few... or none)

I'd figure it would skid around on those legs...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19709 on: October 09, 2014, 03:52:10 pm »

In other Gundam news, dues to the hospitalization of Masashi Hirose, Ramba Ral in Gundam Build Fighters Try will be voiced by Katsuhisa Hōki from episode 4 and onwards.

Also they are letting fans vote for what MS they want to cameo in Build Fighters the most. Personally throwing my support in for ル・シーニュ which is the Le Cygne from Ecole du Ciel, a manga set between 0079 and Zeta, and is pretty notable for being the only Gundam story to have a female main character and Gundam pilot.
I want to see Johhny Ridden's Zaku II custom.
Pages: 1 ... 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 ... 2193