Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1309 1310 [1311] 1312 1313 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3060892 times)

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #19650 on: October 07, 2014, 09:32:54 am »

It was a better spiritual successor to Wing than SEED was to MSG, at any rate, at least as I remember it. Magic space whales aside.
Hmm now that you mention it, I didn't ever finish Wing thoroughly but what i saw of it, I did like it too.
I guess I'm just a sucker for Team-mech efforts of world peace, lol.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19651 on: October 07, 2014, 10:42:32 am »

Wing gets incredibly silly once it gets to the OVA.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19652 on: October 07, 2014, 12:46:15 pm »

Oh man, I watched the first episode of Valvrave in an idle moment and it turned out to be the best unintentional comedy I've seen in a long while. First there was the storm of incredibly predictable genre cliches, and then BAM, SPACE VAMPIRES! out of nowhere. xD

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19653 on: October 07, 2014, 01:48:53 pm »

Anime - "I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying."

Yes that's the title...
Ok so this is what its about. Kaoru is an OL, her husband is Otaku. Yet they are somehow in love. BUT she doesn't understand him when it comes to the things he loves (anime/manga/moe) YET SHE CAN. There is a 4Koma out there I have yet to find. If you have a Crunchyroll account or so, you can find it there, first episode just released lately, why is it good. Just trust me. Its funny...

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/danna_ga_nani_o_itte_iru_ka_wakaranai_ken/c001/
Fount it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19654 on: October 07, 2014, 07:25:28 pm »

The regular version. Apparently Ultimate is better, so I'm watching this one first.

But blimey, this one has just blown me away. The whole Vatican vs Church of England thing is very intriguing.

Ultimate IS better, but what the heck in regards to the added "comedy", which is some of the flattest of the kind I've seen.
In every other regard it's superior to the original show, but I would sorely love to have a "Director's Serious Cut" version that took out all the completely mood breaking Inuyasha/Naruto style "comedic elements."

Essentially the original breaks off from the manga plot about halfway through and does it own thing, while Ultimate follows it closely and gives you one of the most gory and offensively (if you are sensitive to such things) radical plots in media.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19655 on: October 07, 2014, 07:42:03 pm »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I just started watching Terraformars, and it is glorious.

Here's the premise put as simply as possible:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is how you do quality B-movie schlock. And naturally people are whining because they censored the ultraviolence.

3. Run Resize Enable

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19656 on: October 07, 2014, 08:05:58 pm »

Oreimo
Loved it. I think it's a great show.

E: Flying Dice, is that on crunchy roll?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19657 on: October 07, 2014, 08:08:02 pm »

You forgot to mention that the monsters are gigantic savage black people, and that every single good guy is white

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19658 on: October 07, 2014, 08:38:07 pm »

Guess the series is a year old or whatever, but just finished ep six of Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA.

This is entirely too goddamn pleasing to my sensibilities.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #19659 on: October 07, 2014, 08:42:34 pm »

Guess the series is a year old or whatever, but just finished ep six of Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA.

Yeah, I've gotta admit it's actually a pretty good silly show. Aside from all the fanservice. That gets pretty fucking creepy.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19660 on: October 07, 2014, 08:47:50 pm »

*reads the manga and eagerly awaits to see peoples reactions to what will probably be season 4*
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19661 on: October 07, 2014, 08:51:43 pm »

You forgot to mention that the monsters are gigantic savage black people, and that every single good guy is white
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ten seconds of skimming the manga says otherwise, but the guy is a background character and background characters don't count, so okay. And one of the six teams is "Euro-African" or something like that.

I honestly hadn't considered that subtext. But sure, the pulp SF/horror from Japan is laden with cultural bigotry and fear from 19th century Europe... or something. It's not like cigars are ever just cigars. If it was going to be laden with racist undertones, wouldn't it be directed towards the natives of the islands, or the Chinese, or something? Because the stereotypes about Africans and African Americans in Japanese media are, in every example I've seen, generally sort of absurd replicas of old racist cartoons and blacksploitation movies without understanding of the motivations behind the creation thereof, rather than the whole "dark continent" pile of colonialist propaganda. Maybe? :?

Yeah, I've gotta admit it's actually a pretty good silly show. Aside from all the fanservice. That gets pretty fucking creepy.
I couldn't watch that shit. The first episode spend something like a quarter of the airtime with Illya in the bath/wearing a towel/whatever, plus the predictable incest-fetish teasing, and maybe fifteen or twenty seconds being interesting. Is there really enough decent material in it to be worth watching in spite of that?

3. Run Resize Enable

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19662 on: October 07, 2014, 09:02:26 pm »

So I just watched the first 25 episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V. I think I can say without a doubt that this series has the craziest anime hair out of any anime I have ever seen. The main character's hair looks like a tomato. The only named character as far as I know who doesn't have crazy hair looks like Elvis.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19663 on: October 07, 2014, 09:21:42 pm »

I couldn't watch that shit. The first episode spend something like a quarter of the airtime with Illya in the bath/wearing a towel/whatever, plus the predictable incest-fetish teasing, and maybe fifteen or twenty seconds being interesting. Is there really enough decent material in it to be worth watching in spite of that?
Caveat being that I've both only started episode seven and am pretty much entirely unbothered by the fanservice, I would say that the fight scenes so far have been worth trudging through those bits or skipping them. Glorious death lasers, everywhere.
Spoiler: Is spoiler, yes (click to show/hide)

And while suggestive shots and camera angles are pretty common throughout, so far, the dakka to fanservice ratio increases sharply after an episode or two. Hell, I don't think I've seen the fake-incest teasing since episode one, and only one other (much shorter and toned back) bath scene. That sort of thing was pretty heavily frontloaded, apparently. No clue if it's going to equalize as the series continues or not, though.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 09:25:30 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #19664 on: October 07, 2014, 11:17:24 pm »

Saw the first episode of Grisaia, one of my favorite VNs in recent memory.

-Quick character introduction episode, heavy foreshadows aspects from all character routes...which is logical as there's no real central arc till the second game. I wonder how the show will tackle it? Maybe something similar to how Little Busters did? Maybe we are looking at 26 ep here.

-Lots of gratuitous fanservice. Many panty and chest shot. Even a censored topless shot. Prime DVD bait. Given the eroge source, not that surprising but still beyond what expectation I had in mind. Given the emotion heavy material later on, building up a mood whiplash?

-BGM is straight from the VN.

-Animation and art style is bretty gud, ja. Characters even make the static poses that they have in the VN, a nice touch.

Good first impression so far, wonder how the rest of the adaptation will play out
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 1309 1310 [1311] 1312 1313 ... 2193