Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1307 1308 [1309] 1310 1311 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061141 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #19620 on: October 06, 2014, 06:51:56 pm »

I watched like half an episode of it. I liked it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #19621 on: October 06, 2014, 08:11:05 pm »

Ultimate or the other one? I've only watched the former (and we can look forward to the next episode of the Abridged series this month, too!)

Pretty good, although I'm still waiting for the last two episodes to come out Stateside.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19622 on: October 06, 2014, 08:18:40 pm »

The regular version. Apparently Ultimate is better, so I'm watching this one first.

But blimey, this one has just blown me away. The whole Vatican vs Church of England thing is very intriguing.

*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19623 on: October 06, 2014, 08:25:21 pm »

I've watched part of Ultimate, and good grief the voice acting. Very well done.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19624 on: October 06, 2014, 08:27:08 pm »

Oh, does it actually have good English voicing? This may be the first anime I watch in English, then.
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19625 on: October 06, 2014, 08:35:29 pm »

Oh, does it actually have good English voicing? This may be the first anime I watch in English, then.
I dunno, I haven't watched the english version.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19626 on: October 06, 2014, 08:49:35 pm »

I can't really remember the other characters' too well but Alucard's voice actor is fantastic.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19627 on: October 06, 2014, 09:01:08 pm »

Spoiler: SLAAAAAAIIIIINE (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19628 on: October 06, 2014, 10:11:40 pm »

Man I really feel like Okami-san really deserved more than 12 episodes. It's super good and the characters they were able to develop were super good and the rest were still awesome. And there's just so many unresolved arcs.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #19629 on: October 06, 2014, 10:16:13 pm »

So, how bout that Ultimate Blade Works?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19630 on: October 06, 2014, 10:16:44 pm »

Man I really feel like Okami-san really deserved more than 12 episodes. It's super good and the characters they were able to develop were super good and the rest were still awesome. And there's just so many unresolved arcs.

That is unfortunately common. A lot of the time a creator will just keep throwing arcs at you and sees which ones you like and resolves them in the future IF things last.

It actually can be somewhat obnoxious if an anime or manga is particularly bad at never really intending to solve the arcs.

Mind you the only reason that tends not to happen in western fiction (except... when it involves a female character... like Astrid in How to Train your dragon) is because well, we tend to try to reduce the number of overhanging arcs in our shows.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 10:19:26 pm by Neonivek »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19631 on: October 06, 2014, 10:17:32 pm »

I thought it doesn't air for another week or so?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19632 on: October 06, 2014, 10:18:33 pm »

Adorf is currently watching PMMMMMM, episode 5.

"[04:17.59] <adwarf> I'm going to go ahead and guess that its this episode that Madoka becomes a PM"
You poor, deluded bastard.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19633 on: October 06, 2014, 10:20:35 pm »

That is unfortunately common. A lot of the time a creator will just keep throwing arcs at you and sees which ones you like and resolves them in the future IF things last.

It actually can be somewhat obnoxious if an anime or manga is particularly bad at never really intending to solve the arcs.

Well. The anime is based off of a light novel, which also has a manga adaptation. I think it may suffer from ToRaDoRa syndrome. I had the same problem with that one.

And I mean, in the second-to-last episode, they literally drop a hook on you from the BBEG of the series, and there's SO. MUCH. Unresolved romance between the main characters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #19634 on: October 06, 2014, 10:25:47 pm »

I thought it doesn't air for another week or so?
Either it started last week, or Hulu has attained time travel and decided to use it for the most frivolous of schemes.
Pages: 1 ... 1307 1308 [1309] 1310 1311 ... 2193