Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061533 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #19605 on: October 06, 2014, 09:10:11 am »

Well news says Naruto is said to be finally ending November 10th. Celebration time?
Dubious celebration time. Where will excess of internet naruto fans go when it ends?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19606 on: October 06, 2014, 09:15:05 am »

Off to watch some other shounen show of dubious merit, I guess.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19607 on: October 06, 2014, 09:23:16 am »

Log Horizon s2e1:
  • Winter is coming
  • Huge money defunct
  • North vs South
Yep, definitely game of thrones.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19608 on: October 06, 2014, 10:03:36 am »

So, eh, One Piece?

/neverwatchedOnePiece

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #19609 on: October 06, 2014, 10:10:58 am »

has it occurred to anyone that the cicadas in every single anime are the same

take a series that has cicadas in it and compare it to just about any other

same fucking sample

stock cicadas

how hard is it to get original cicadas with the budget some of these fuckers get you can afford insects can't you

I thought that was just what all Japanese cicadas sounded like.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19610 on: October 06, 2014, 11:04:54 am »

So, eh, One Piece?

/neverwatchedOnePiece

Eh, from what I've seen and heard of it, One Piece is the least shit of the well-known shounen series. More likely the new point of obsession will be a "new" series that has the same set of draws.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19611 on: October 06, 2014, 11:23:19 am »

So, eh, One Piece?

/neverwatchedOnePiece

Eh, from what I've seen and heard of it, One Piece is the least shit of the well-known shounen series. More likely the new point of obsession will be a "new" series that has the same set of draws.

Guess I should take this as my cue to take a loan and invest in an animation studio. I only need to make a show about a:

1) Young boy
2) Who has his 'real power' unlocked from inside him
3) and goes to save his ostensible love interest
4) from a high and mighty villain
5) Rinse and repeat from 2, powering up more and more each time.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19612 on: October 06, 2014, 11:27:15 am »

So, eh, One Piece?

/neverwatchedOnePiece

Guess I should take this as my cue to take a loan and invest in an animation studio. I only need to make a show about a:

1) Young boy
OMG This is brilliant, I mean there is no other Anime/Manga like this ever before, you will make millions!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19613 on: October 06, 2014, 11:55:16 am »

Make sure to include plenty of shouting. Plebs love shouting. :|

--

I'm glad I let myself ignore the quirks of the animation style of Knights of Sidonia, it's turned out to be pretty good so far as long as I can wave off the characters all moving like 'droids with stiff joints. Heck, in a certain sense it's a relief to see a studio doing a style that is that off from the norm, even if it feels awkward.

3. Run Resize Enable

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19614 on: October 06, 2014, 12:15:25 pm »

Make sure to include plenty of shouting. Plebs love shouting. :|

Of course, cause as we all know, shouting equals power. The more powerful you are, the louder and longer you're allowed to shout.

Also, I should probably throw in an out-of-place catchphrase and PG-13 onsen scene, just to make doubly sure it hooks all of the rebuffed Naruto fans.

-----

I finally got around to watching KLK episode 25. It was a nice little extra bit of closure to all the characters, I liked it even if it didn't contribute majorly to the rest of the series.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19615 on: October 06, 2014, 12:18:23 pm »

So I've started watching Noragami, just finished Ep.1 and it seems pretty damn good.
Quick question to anybody who has watched it; Am I gonna be disappointed later on by shonen-style 'power up all the time for each big bad', or is it a genuinely good series?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19616 on: October 06, 2014, 03:10:52 pm »

So, eh, One Piece?

/neverwatchedOnePiece

1) Young boy
OMG This is brilliant, I mean there is no other Anime/Manga like this ever before, you will make millions!!!
I think the part you guys are missing is the world building... a set of 'rules' of the workings of those worlds being established.  At the least, that is what I personally liked most about the early Naruto/Bleach...  Of course, those rules of the world are blown away by the ever stronger baddies with even more 'impossible' powers.

Basically... Bleach/Naruto, their accomplishment in my mind... is captivating my imagination with its world.  (Air Gear also did the same, but ya know, it went to hell too.)  I never did get into One Piece though.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19617 on: October 06, 2014, 04:44:56 pm »

Zangi, the real key to that is to lay the groundwork for a genuinely interesting world, and then ignore all of that for the next six hundred chapters in favor of shouting and power levels. Or increasingly absurd bosoms, if you're going the ZnT route. Bonus points if the plan of at least one BBEG was originally intended to be deeply intertwined with the background of the world, but since you never bothered establishing much (and what you did was later ignored) it confuses the fuck out of everyone.

Also, it needs to be deeply misogynistic. No female character can ever hold the spotlight longer than the character arc intended to make them look like they're still relevant, and they must inexplicably default to White Mage roles despite the existence of supernatural mechanics which make physical strength irrelevant. Any area of strength which doesn't rely on either physical strength or nebulously-defined force of will must be made secondary, even when it's cited in-universe as being potent.

Additionally, at least twice you must completely ignore the rules of your own universe in order to prevent the plot being derailed by reality ensuing.

3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19618 on: October 06, 2014, 06:43:55 pm »

So I've started watching Noragami, just finished Ep.1 and it seems pretty damn good.
Quick question to anybody who has watched it; Am I gonna be disappointed later on by shonen-style 'power up all the time for each big bad', or is it a genuinely good series?

I liked it, it focuses more on the quirky humor than shonen battles. It's short too, so it's not going to overstay it's welcome either way. And the MC should raise his prices. 10 yen might have been a lot of money hundreds of years ago, but he's just getting ripped off by people now by charging 10 yen per job to do anything.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:45:29 pm by Reelya »

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19619 on: October 06, 2014, 06:51:18 pm »

Just watched Hellsing. After watching the first four series of Bleach, it's a a very pleasant change of pace. Plus, Alucard is a prime example of vampires done right. Powerful, demonic, evil beings.
It's also great to have such an anti-hero as the protagonist.

*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*
Pages: 1 ... 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 ... 2193