Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1301 1302 [1303] 1304 1305 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3059442 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #19530 on: September 30, 2014, 09:34:16 pm »

Fine... The Gunpla Zaku wasn't legal, it was disguised as a stage hazard but otherwise wasn't a "player".
Oh right, the weird shadow organization thing did it or whatever. I never did get that far in that show.

I am not sure if I should say you seen everything already... or if you missed the good parts.

Because on one hand the future fights are cool... but on the other hand the future fights are the same fight.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19531 on: September 30, 2014, 09:44:45 pm »

GUNI hasn't finished the show yet last time I checked with him. Despite my insistence that he should at least see episode 18 :P

Disclaimer: To prevent him from being mad at me I acknowledge that he has a very large backlog of shows to work through and cannot watch them all at once.
It's FEF, not FEOF

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19532 on: September 30, 2014, 11:11:40 pm »

less than one week until Fate/ Stay night airs! :D
Yay. I can't wait for the episode when Kotomine talks to you in a church for the entire duration.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19533 on: September 30, 2014, 11:16:36 pm »

So I recently rewatched Code Geass, and I've started watching Log Horizon, and the fact that the voice actor is the same and voices for Kotomine, Diethard, and Nyanta are virtually identical is really messing up my ability to keep the characters apart. I kept expecting Diethard to suddenly whip out a magic sword and stab someone. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19534 on: September 30, 2014, 11:18:28 pm »

That's because Jouji Nakata is fucking awesome.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19535 on: September 30, 2014, 11:22:00 pm »

To prevent him from being mad at me I acknowledge that he has a very large backlog of shows to work through and cannot watch them all at once.

I know the feeling. I am currently assuming the compromise position of watching none of them because I'm too lazy.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19536 on: October 01, 2014, 12:02:48 am »

GUNI hasn't finished the show yet last time I checked with him. Despite my insistence that he should at least see episode 18 :P

Disclaimer: To prevent him from being mad at me I acknowledge that he has a very large backlog of shows to work through and cannot watch them all at once.
It's been a long time since you bugged me to watch it, actually. Like, last time you poked me about it was around the start of the year IIRC.

Ayup. In order of how much I want to complete 'em: Legend of the Galactic Heroes (because for fuck's sake I can't get enough AXE MARINES), Turn A, Gundam Z, VOTOMS, Ghost in the Shell: SAC (I'm pretty sure I finished most of it, I know I watched all the movies), Psycho Pass, Gundam ZZ, Hajime no Ippo, Monster, Hunter x Hunter (new)

Plus the ones I can't remember. LoGH is my top priority but I haven't made progress since YouTube ate the entire megaplaylist of the entire series, plus movies, in the order they should be watched.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19537 on: October 01, 2014, 12:18:33 am »

Legend of Galactic heroes drains me and I have a lot of trouble inspiring myself to watch it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19538 on: October 01, 2014, 12:22:36 am »

Me too, but the whole thing is worth it for the action, plus the characters all get really really interesting after [blank] gets [blanked] fairly early on in the show. There's still boring political stuff around, but all of it's very meaningful, things are always happening that are important or become important, not a single moment is wasted and I love it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19539 on: October 01, 2014, 01:22:06 am »

One thing I REALLY love about Legend of Galactic Heroes is that... for the most part I feel like it doesn't take sides so to speak... in terms of who is deserving of what talent. The Born into talent is just as legitimate as the out of nowhere genius... Pragmatism is just as legitimate as tossing the book in the blender. It makes for an interesting clash of different ideals and archtypes without making their differences a point of contention but rather the well of strength and tools they each pull from.

SURE there are a lot of stupid morons in Legend of Galactic Heroes and the show TENDS to follow the younger generation..

But I would be completely unsurprised if there was an old genius somewhere in the show or a grizzled war vet.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #19540 on: October 01, 2014, 06:03:53 am »

But... but... political intrigue in LoGH is what spices up all that military tactics and grand strategy in just the right way! It's what makes LoGH that grand masterpiece, not just a damn good military show. :(

In fact, I've been thinking lately, LoGH is pretty much A Song of Ice and Fire in space. Think about it. The beauty of ASoIaF is there is no definite "main" character(s). Sure, there are important people that represent a centerpiece of a certain story arc, but they are not immune to dieing - AND when that happens, the story just builds on their deaths even further. Every character is a potential plot device and in a good way.

And LoGH is like that too, albeit in less extreme way and with a bit more permanent regular characters, more or less.

Also, I'd say you are right about most things, Neonivek, but I'm not quite sure on that "younger generation" thing... In fact, most of the cast is somewhere in their late 20's to 50's something bar few exceptions.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19541 on: October 01, 2014, 07:18:26 am »

Well LotGH was finished almost a decade before ASoIaF even begun coming out, but yeah the comparison is a fair one.  It has way less sex though
But I would be completely unsurprised if there was an old genius somewhere in the show or a grizzled war vet.
You'd be right, there are a bunch of them.
Yay. I can't wait for the episode when Kotomine talks to you in a church for the entire duration.
That's because Jouji Nakata is fucking awesome.
Kotomine's monologues were my favourite because Jouji's calm voice always helped me get to sleep.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 07:20:15 am by Leafsnail »

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19542 on: October 01, 2014, 11:03:52 am »

Log Horizon S2 in a few days :3

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19543 on: October 01, 2014, 11:35:52 am »

Log Horizon S2 in a few days :3

Why must you hype?  Now I cannot be unaware of its existence for 2-3 episodes before I find out and binge through em all at once.  Then be disappoint with the waiting anyways.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19544 on: October 01, 2014, 11:44:34 am »

Two more days until Gundam Reconguista in G *squees and vibrates*
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 1301 1302 [1303] 1304 1305 ... 2193