Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1292 1293 [1294] 1295 1296 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3057942 times)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #19395 on: September 22, 2014, 12:59:15 am »

Oh yeah by the way guys about Aldnoah, September 20th was the princess's birthday. Happy birthday princess. >_<

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quite a present.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19396 on: September 22, 2014, 01:21:28 am »

I finished my second playthrough of Persona 4. Whereas with my first playthrough, I remember just getting Tam Lin, and then just coasting with him til the very end. Now I'm a bit fancier, this time I got Yoshitsune and coasted him to the end.

And Margaret is the new best waifu.

Still very upset that Golden is locked onto the Vita. Reading about all the things it added has me really antsy and frustrated. I wish it'd just get released to Steam or something already.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19397 on: September 22, 2014, 01:45:15 am »

Huh? Margaret isn't a wafer.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19398 on: September 22, 2014, 01:50:49 am »

She does actually give him a kiss if you fulfill certain conditions
It's FEF, not FEOF

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19399 on: September 22, 2014, 04:52:28 am »

Well her title is "The Sadistic Stud-Keeping Secretary", so yeah, definite waifu there.

shynoodlegirl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19400 on: September 22, 2014, 06:15:26 am »

So yeah, i tend to watch a lot of anime, and i wonder how many others here watch anime too.

Currently, I am in the middle of watching the second season of Jigoku Shoujo, (translated: Hell Girl) that is about people that contact the devil's agent (Hell Girl) through a magic website and make a literal deal with the devil in order to instantly send someone they hate to hell. It's pretty cool, i'd recommend it.

So what about you guys?

Most of my friends like anime but I can't seem to get their taste.  They like attack on titan, dragonball, bleach, and a bunch of other stuff that are just too unrealistic for my taste.  Any suggestions you can give that are a bit realistic-comedic-cute kind of anime?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19401 on: September 22, 2014, 06:35:18 am »

These ones are all real world romcom anime:

Nodame Cantabile
Kimi ni Todoke
Nana
Skip Beat
Toradora
Lovely Complex
Itazura wa Kiss

There are actually a ton of real world animes if you look for them (e.g. clicking in myanimelist's recommendations section of each of those anime is a good way to check out similar titles).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 06:49:27 am by Reelya »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19402 on: September 22, 2014, 08:06:07 am »

Somebody should make a post with a compilation post of to-watch (and possibly to-avoid) animu so we can link to that when somebody asks for recommendations.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19403 on: September 22, 2014, 09:54:01 am »

That's a difficult thing for a single person to do, really. Generally, we might as well point to a list someone made elsewhere. There are plenty of recommendation charts on the web.

Still, the idea of "bay12's recommended anime" is still pretty cool. The most convenient way to set it up is to make a club on myanimelist, which I just did:

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=64149

I don't expect this to be a very active "club", lol. But sticking a list in there is better than doing a forum post because anyone who wants to add to/modify the list can be added as an admin. I really have to get some sleep now, so i just added the animes I mentioned to the list so far.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:00:36 am by Reelya »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19404 on: September 22, 2014, 11:37:38 am »

The issue with recommendation lists is that PersonA asking for recoms usually differs from personB and personC
Example? I don't like gore, So AOT becomes a no can do, but I bet before i said that part and if I asked for a post-apocalyptic Action sword-using anime, You'd have suggest AOT as a must watch right? But remember I don't like gore so it wont work.
But all of you out there don't mind....hence why AOT is so often recommended, but some of you like Magical girl, while the others don't...Point made.

The idea is overall a good idea, but to make a truly unbiased list the list would be extremely long and would have to be broken into content levels such as safe-for-all-ages, Gorey, NSFW and etc, then into Genres like Action, Sci-fi, Fantasy, etc...

TL/DR: so many people have too many diff preference that the list would have to be insanely well detailed to really work.

EDIT: Fixed some typos
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:44:44 am by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19405 on: September 22, 2014, 11:40:00 am »

I... Don't see the problem, provided it is in fact possible to make categories with sub categories in them.
I don't use MyAnimeList at all, see. Is it possible, then?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19406 on: September 22, 2014, 11:49:34 am »

I... Don't see the problem, provided it is in fact possible to make categories with sub categories in them.
I don't use MyAnimeList at all, see. Is it possible, then?
The issue I'm pointing out is that a truly unbiased list of such nature would be extremely long and difficult for one person to make, but involve several people, it becomes harder to keep bias out.
AOT is good, I know that much, but it's not good for me as I have a weak stomach, Yet look at most must-watch lists: SNK/AOT is near the top, they don't consider the gore can upset some weaker stomached people.

For an example of the list.
Magical Girl
Safe for all
Sailor Moon, Pretty Cure
For Teens:
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magicka

---That's 4-to-5 lines of text input to recommend three Magical Girl anime, And the real kicker: The S-F-A and Teen+ Listing I used is stirctly my bias on them....If someone wants to spend time organizing and listing it all out, unbiasedly, be my guest, I'm just saying while yes it's indeed possible, it's an extremely huge chore, which is exactly why it hasn't yet happened.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:51:46 am by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19407 on: September 22, 2014, 12:08:22 pm »

More Gundam Build Fighters MS~~

Spoiler: EZ-SR (click to show/hide)

From what I've heard the R-GyaGya is of course used by Sazaki's younger sister Kaoruko befitting the R-Jarja's status as the Gyan's successor.

No surprise they made a new Bearguy considering how fantastically the kits for it sold last time around. It's backpack is named Puchiguy!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 12:10:48 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19408 on: September 22, 2014, 12:13:29 pm »

Did the kits include the bear blood?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19409 on: September 22, 2014, 12:18:32 pm »

Sadly no stuffing was involved :P

But seriously after the day its main episode aired there were pics of it being sold out in shops throughout japan. Twas pretty amazing. Something pretty similar happened with the Gyan. Ironically the Zaku Amazing sold terribly since it was too similar to all the other zakus to stand out in kit form.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 1292 1293 [1294] 1295 1296 ... 2193