Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1290 1291 [1292] 1293 1294 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058326 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #19365 on: September 20, 2014, 06:50:19 pm »

How much of Detective Conan got translated into Case Closed? Anime and Manga both.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19366 on: September 20, 2014, 06:50:57 pm »

How much of Detective Conan got translated into Case Closed? Anime and Manga both.

Anime? not... too much... Which is too bad the translation was actually quite competent.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19367 on: September 20, 2014, 09:12:50 pm »

He murdered those mafia guys because they'd tampered with his sisters sports equipment so that she would lose her sports day event. Terrorist attacks, invasions etc aren't enough to "incur his wrath" but try and prevent his little sister from winning some school sports event, and it's Dirty Harry time.
But... were they robots or something, or are Normal Chinese Mafioso rather mechanical, oddly calm under fire people named #17?

Oh and ep 25 confirms Tatsuya as Jesus himself. Crossed with Iron Man.
Jesus isn't nearly cool enough to be Tatsuya-sempai.

Though I now... well, no I don't. But I kind of want them to make another season just to see what they have to pull to try to keep making things interesting, for whatever definition of the word they seem to have. Only I don't think they'd do that quickly or competently enough to be funny.

But man, Prime Minister Tatsuya would probably be so semi-hilarious.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19368 on: September 20, 2014, 09:19:25 pm »

He murdered those mafia guys because they'd tampered with his sisters sports equipment so that she would lose her sports day event. Terrorist attacks, invasions etc aren't enough to "incur his wrath" but try and prevent his little sister from winning some school sports event, and it's Dirty Harry time.
But... were they robots or something, or are Normal Chinese Mafioso rather mechanical, oddly calm under fire people named #17?
Perhaps the author was continuing to be a bastion of originality and they were androids.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19369 on: September 20, 2014, 09:25:27 pm »

I'd rather them have No Game No Life II than Mahouka II. Both are wish-fulfillment stories but the author of NGNL at least grasped the basic concept of entertaining someone who isn't himself.

According to the Mahouka wiki the heights of excitement to come in the light novels is that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He can apparently make 20 Megaton explosions later. That's 1000 times what hit Hiroshima. Just by looking at you, basically. Now I am interested. Exactly what circumstances do you drop a 20 Megaton nuke on someone? I'm imagining some Chinese guy called his sister fat so he nukes Beijing ...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 09:34:27 pm by Reelya »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19370 on: September 20, 2014, 09:39:31 pm »

Nah, he'd nuke the guy and nothing else would be damaged.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19371 on: September 20, 2014, 09:41:55 pm »

According to the Mahouka wiki the heights of excitement to come in the light novels is that

EDIT:
He can apparently make 20 Megaton explosions later. That's 1000 times what hit Hiroshima. Just by looking at you, basically. Now I am interested. Exactly what circumstances do you drop a 20 Megaton nuke on someone? I'm imagining some Chinese guy called his sister fat so he nukes Beijing ...
And yeah, see? Wouldn't it be fascinating to see just how they try to bring this out? Assuming we knew they wouldn't just... hijack an aircraft carrier in the middle of the Pacific and call his sister fat over the radio?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 09:47:32 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19372 on: September 20, 2014, 10:04:07 pm »

Spoiler: Aldnoah Zero (click to show/hide)

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19373 on: September 20, 2014, 10:31:43 pm »

This a good example of my interest policy: Watch, Read or Play something fully before saying if you like or hate it, that way your opinion is fully formed the moment it is formed and you don't have to change it later due to a turn of events in the interest causing you to hate it when you first liked it.

For example: Fairy Tail is easily one of the series I enjoy watching, but the characters I liked watching back in like the first arc or so on I don't like anymore, and the characters I didn't like seeing back then I do now... but none of them have any form of set in stone opinion formed about them, same with the series, I enjoy watching it, yes, but my feelings for it have vastly changed in nature between ep1 to ep130

That all said and done, I'm in need of some verification....
I've been hearing some confusing things about Fairy Tail, several are saying it's an on going Series, some are saying it has a sequel, my major WTF is how do you sequel something tagged as ongoing?
So can someone clear that up? Do note that I'm only to Episode 130 of the Anime and haven't been able to buy or read the Manga.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19374 on: September 21, 2014, 12:14:34 am »

Fairy Tail is based off a manga which is ongoing, so any talk of "sequels" isn't a big deal. The 'sequels' just pick up the manga where the last episode left off.

The anime version went off the air for 1 year, then came back in 2014. The first run is eps 1-175 and the "sequel" are all the new eps since it came back.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:27:20 am by Reelya »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19375 on: September 21, 2014, 03:18:37 am »

Just started watching Deadman Wonderland. Two things - first, this is the only time where I've actually preferred the dub to the sub and second, HOLY FUCKING HELL THIS IS AWESOME.

Plus that opening theme song is brilliant.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19376 on: September 21, 2014, 03:22:21 am »

Fairy Tail is based off a manga which is ongoing, so any talk of "sequels" isn't a big deal. The 'sequels' just pick up the manga where the last episode left off.

The anime version went off the air for 1 year, then came back in 2014. The first run is eps 1-175 and the "sequel" are all the new eps since it came back.

I am actually hoping the 2014 one gets some filler.

Honestly Naruto still probably has had some of the best filler arcs of all anime with each one focusing on characters who mostly didn't get much action in the manga. Its issue is eventually it fell into an endless whirlpool of filler... where you had arcs upon arcs of filler one after the other.

-----

Also FINALLY an episode of the new Sailormoon I like more then the equivalent old episodes.

It was actually refreshing to see Sailormoon summon up resolve without needing to be pummeled first. As well this is the first episode where I bought the romance between Sailormoon and Tuxedo mask as something sort of "mystical and nostalgic" rather then how it usually felt... Probably because they let it actually develop here instead of just skipping to where they are already madly in love, so when it got to the "I feel like I always loved you" part it actually felt earned.

AND we are finally getting past that... early issue weirdness Sailormoon had that... the anime decided to keep for who knows what reason... (Honestly ONLY this anime has that problem. I have never EVER seen an anime do this XD). It even solves some of the weirdness the old one had of "Always Japan" in that, it isn't always Japan, just that the sailorscouts can't really help America... Sucks to be them!

Unfortunately the burning question of: "Why doesn't anyone know Sailormoon was Princess Serena?..." will never be answered.

It doesn't even hurt that the action was actually pretty good. Sure it wasn't anything too special, but it is nice to see them actually have a fight instead being a turn-based RPG, even if it is just for a bit.

Now if all the episodes can keep up the quality of this one... I'll be perfectly fine and won't need this pointless compare and contrast crud.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 04:27:06 am by Neonivek »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19377 on: September 21, 2014, 04:25:03 am »

it isn't always Japan, just that the sailorscouts can't really help America... Sucks to be them!
And that's why the Super Sentai are superior.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19378 on: September 21, 2014, 04:27:50 am »

it isn't always Japan, just that the sailorscouts can't really help America... Sucks to be them!
And that's why the Super Sentai are superior.

Because they can protect the warehouse district?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19379 on: September 21, 2014, 04:33:24 am »

No, because they operate in both Japan and America.
Pages: 1 ... 1290 1291 [1292] 1293 1294 ... 2193