Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1289 1290 [1291] 1292 1293 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058151 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #19350 on: September 19, 2014, 06:34:04 am »

Right I also like the way Case Closed avoids the cliche where the killer dies and that's it. It's just such an unsatisfying way to end.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19351 on: September 19, 2014, 06:59:13 am »

Last I checked you don't have to share what you watch on Netflix.

???

Really?... How do you stop it from telling people your "recently watched"?

I might have misunderstood what you meant by EVERYONE. I'm pretty sure Netflix doesn't share anything publically unless you do something silly like connecting it with your facebook account. If you meant that you're on a shared account and don't want to explain to your family why there are so many catgirls on the recommended list, you could just create a new profile, watch whatever and delete that profile again. The recently watched list dies with the profile.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19352 on: September 19, 2014, 07:04:08 am »

Depends on what he's using to watch it. A lot of Netflix enabled devices don't support profiles very well (because they're a new addition.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19353 on: September 20, 2014, 05:59:08 am »

I just finished PLVPW and while I don't have time to write out a complete opinion, it's definitely one of the best 3ds titles on the market. Very happy.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #19354 on: September 20, 2014, 12:45:42 pm »

So there's a chance that there's another season of Full Metal Panic in the works. It's only been hinted at, but still :D
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #19355 on: September 20, 2014, 01:11:51 pm »

Well, I'll be goddamned. I'm not sure if I like it, but Aldnoah.Zero gets points for taking the plot in directions I never anticipated. I can't quite tell if it's really clever about how it plays out character motivations, or if they just plain don't make sense.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19356 on: September 20, 2014, 01:17:05 pm »

So there's a chance that there's another season of Full Metal Panic in the works. It's only been hinted at, but still :D

Man, that brings me back. I'm pretty sure I was a freshman in HS when I first watched that. (Tooltip: I'm 25 now)

They're kinda late.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19357 on: September 20, 2014, 01:48:11 pm »

Eh. FMP has different manga and light novels still being produced. It has been 8 years since its last anime came out, but they haven't been neglecting the franchise either.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19358 on: September 20, 2014, 03:37:13 pm »

...and in this edition of Slaine never catches a break, Slai- holy crap.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19359 on: September 20, 2014, 04:01:52 pm »

Spoiler: Aldnoah Zero (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 04:07:07 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19360 on: September 20, 2014, 05:33:28 pm »

^Oh, got to catch-up to Aldonoah then.

I wonder if I should watch any of the series on Netflicks.

The most embarrassing part about using it though is that EVERYONE will know what animes I have watched. I am not sure anyone will care, but a lot of anime is weird and has weird names.

I don't think they would understand that a show called "Princess Tutu" is actually good.
Hah, reminded me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaGuQ5CpTzA&list=UUPDXXXJj9nax0fr0Wfc048g

Kinda' curious on how messed up a show named "Tako-Hitler-chan" is.

Wow... your a failure Kendaichi.
I think it add to the entertainment value really. I'm always amused at how horrible things can get at times before he "solves" the problem.

Oh yeah, KyoAni is doing an anime adaptation for one of his works called Amagi Brilliant Park this coming season. Seems like comedy though (then I'm reminded of FMP Fumoffu).
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19361 on: September 20, 2014, 05:57:08 pm »

Mahouka #25. Only 1 episode left ... forever (I hope).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 06:06:45 pm by Reelya »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19362 on: September 20, 2014, 06:11:08 pm »

Seriously, Power Rangers has more balanced fights and better villains. And I'm talking the American version of Power Rangers, here.
Oh come now, surely that's not that hard. Power Rangers had numerous instances where the Power Rangers would take damage, get beaten down and have to reconsider their strategy, or even be defeated to the point of needing to retreat.

I'm wondering if the mechas are robots or meant to be piloted, because we see blood spurts coming from the slashed remains. But they don't show any obvious humans in them. The blood spurts look similar to other bad guys getting gimped though. New level of "faceless mook" in this series.
This has reminded me:

In that one action-packed episode where Tatsuya was so cool and edgy and snipe-disintegrating mafia-ish people who had somehow wronged him in some previous episode, the suited goons were rather robotic and addressed by number. What was up with that? I just assumed they were magical constructs or something that were explained earlier, but now I'm starting to wonder.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19363 on: September 20, 2014, 06:20:13 pm »

He murdered those mafia guys because they'd tampered with his sisters sports equipment so that she would lose her sports day event. Terrorist attacks, invasions etc aren't enough to "incur his wrath" but try and prevent his little sister from winning some school sports event, and it's Dirty Harry time.

Episode 25 is pretty gory, and there are definitely a lot of (evil) humans getting exploded into meaty gibbets.

Oh and ep 25 confirms Tatsuya as Jesus himself. Crossed with Iron Man. He flies down from the sky like Superman and then uses his magic healing on other people who are basically dead already to convert them to a previous version of themselves. Something about reverting changelogs and reversing time to restore points. So it's basically using video game save points as an analogy for how his "touch of Jesus" power works. So much for the consistent and well thought out "rules of magic" which is the ONLY good thing I've heard about this series, if the entire healing system is based on save/restore points in video games in a transparently silly way.

Of course, his Touch of Jesus power works by firing a magic gun at you, like all his powers.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 06:36:22 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19364 on: September 20, 2014, 06:41:40 pm »

I think I'll track down Master Keaton and watch it too, apparently it is a good detective anime.

At this rate I'll see all the detective animes. Heck I've seen Detective Loki and a anime about a detective who's partner is a ventriloquist dummy (I had high hopes for that one, it was still good but not amazing).

Case closed is still WAAAAAAY too long.
Pages: 1 ... 1289 1290 [1291] 1292 1293 ... 2193