Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1287 1288 [1289] 1290 1291 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058599 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #19320 on: September 16, 2014, 08:38:42 pm »

Hmmm. Yeah, the English dub is much more fitting in comparison. I was imagining waaayyy more bass in the Japanese voice. disappointing really.

Yeah, sorry, I was remembering it as far more bass-y. I think there are other scenes where the VA's voice gets deeper, like during the calmer moments, but it's difficult to recall and I couldn't find any other clips that were in Japanese.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19321 on: September 16, 2014, 08:59:31 pm »

I still think PM english dub is excellent. :I

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #19322 on: September 16, 2014, 09:09:16 pm »

I still think PM english dub is excellent. :I
Yeah, it's good. Wouldn't compare it to voice acting in, say, a western cartoon, but it's still good. Just took some time to get used to after watching lots of anime in subs.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19323 on: September 17, 2014, 06:30:12 am »

I started watching some OVAs of various series that I'd shunted into a folder. 3 shows in a row, of completely different genres, it's a hot springs episode -_-. I swore out loud "oh for fucks sake!" on the third one, when it opened with "ooh, so this is an onsen!" in a post-societal-collapse apocalyptic world filled with undead (and not highschool of the dead or anything).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:39:57 am by Reelya »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19324 on: September 17, 2014, 08:14:32 am »

I started watching some OVAs of various series that I'd shunted into a folder. 3 shows in a row, of completely different genres, it's a hot springs episode -_-. I swore out loud "oh for fucks sake!" on the third one, when it opened with "ooh, so this is an onsen!" in a post-societal-collapse apocalyptic world filled with undead (and not highschool of the dead or anything b-baka!)
FTFY :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19325 on: September 18, 2014, 01:12:36 am »

I just realized that the detective anime I despise the most apparently has over 100 episodes.

WHAT!?!

No! I am going to finish that Anime!

And what do you know Kindaichi Case Files starts off where I left off... with a School trip that is a cruise. Clearly this show only has quality in its script *sarcasm* :D

It is kind of weird I dislike this anime so much, that I kind of have to finish it >_< it has become more interesting... and hearing that people... Like it... just astounds me. So now I have to know what people like about it.

Ok I am going to stick to the proposed format... when I finish it I'll give two posts: What I didn't like, and what I liked about this anime... I might do this for goal marks given that I have over 100 episodes to go through. I'll also keep a ongoing tally for the amount of deaths POST murder there are, and the amount of people who our hero saves... I am not rewatching the early episodes but suffice it to say the death tally would be insanely high (Honestly so far the death count is almost as high as the episode count) and he only saved approximately ONE person.

I'd watch Case Closed but DEAR GOODNESS I'd never even dent that anymore. Even if it holds the distinction of being the best law show I ever seen... with Law and Order (the older one) being in second place.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 01:31:57 am by Neonivek »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19326 on: September 18, 2014, 01:24:48 am »

I'd watch Case Closed but DEAR GOODNESS I'd never even dent that anymore.
I have (most of) the first SEVENTY first volumes of that one.

And I haven't gotten any new ones in years.

In German.

So you can guess that there's many more volumes left.

And the anime has even more content because filler and whatnot.

TL;DR I can't blame you.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19327 on: September 18, 2014, 01:33:19 am »

Yeah I watched the new season of Kindaichi. Had some of the most preposterous "detective" plots I ever saw.

From what I hear though, the old show never got properly subbed, but someone picked up the old series for subbing after the new one aired. So I don't think all the eps are subbed yet.

Out of interest, what are the "good" detective animes? I'm new to that genre. The only one I know of is Detective Conan. And I don't feel like catching up 1000 episodes or whatever.

I do know about Tantei Opera Milky Holmes and Cuticle Detective Inaba. Although those are "detective" animes only in a loose parody sense, and they don't really have "cases" in the clue solving sense, just random weird shit going on.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 01:41:01 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19328 on: September 18, 2014, 02:02:11 am »

To me the problem isn't how.. contrite the mysteries often are (GOODNESS Our hero seems to end up in Mansions, castles, or cabins isolated from the rest of the world A LOT!).

It is how our Hero never EVER tries to save lives. The idea of protecting someone so they are not killed never enters his head even when it is his only job... often the Murderer succeeds at their murder spree and when they are stopped it is never due to our main character (Who in TWO mysteries ENTIRELY flubs it and would have gotten everyone killed if it wasn't for dumb luck from outer space). Often these murders would have been rather easy to prevent

It is a fundamental problem with the show's set up. He is a failure as a detective.

Detective Q is a nice detective anime and has a bonus of having its mysteries be perfectly solvable with enough thought. Honestly pause the anime before they show you the solution, for MOST of them you actually could find out the solution (Only one or two being kind of too obtuse or rely on information to inexact in its art form... OR the one or two that rely on being Japanese). They ALSO do this CRAZY thing Kindaichi never heard of called "Ensuring people don't die". The only problem with the anime is it isn't finished, but it does have a good prequel movie.

---

And now for the current Kindaichi is the greatest detective ever hour!

So far in the one case and three episodes the death count while he is on the job is at an astounding 4, he managed to prevent the killing spree, and save a single person only to cause another's death. The Killer is dead. Honestly I almost don't want to mark this down as "he saved someone" because he was a FREEKEN MORON and almost got the target killed in the first place because he put them in harms way, but since he talked them down I HAVE to count it. What is interesting is I COMPLETELY forgot he never plans to prevent the murderer from just killing someone after the reveal. But honestly this is one of the cases where our detective is on a roll.

Episodes: 3, Cases 1.
Deaths: 4 (2 targets, 1 incidentals, 1 killer) (Incidentals are people who aren't a target, but get murdered anyway. I also do not count people murdered before Kindaichi is on the scene or non-murders if that ever happens)
Successful Murder Sprees: 0 (This is anytime the killer successfully murders all their intended targets)
People Saved: 1 (ONLY counts if HE saves them, even if he did as little as asking a police officer to hold someone)

This was also a really lousy case even for this show... In fact I'd outright say this was "The Worst" of all the cases I've seen so far... I also SHOULD rewatch those old episodes... because wow the "People saved" Quota goes up to a 2 if I included all of those! Mind you the successful murder sprees goes to a 2... I won't make long posts like this in the future... I'll just include the numbers at the end of my post.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:13:17 am by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19329 on: September 18, 2014, 05:11:29 am »

I understand why Zeon lost now:

Running Windows on Cyrix processors.

BTW, Neo, when you say 3 episodes / 1 case, are you talking about the 2014 season?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 05:19:31 am by Reelya »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19330 on: September 18, 2014, 05:21:25 am »

To me the problem isn't how.. contrite the mysteries often are (GOODNESS Our hero seems to end up in Mansions, castles, or cabins isolated from the rest of the world A LOT!).

It is how our Hero never EVER tries to save lives. The idea of protecting someone so they are not killed never enters his head even when it is his only job... often the Murderer succeeds at their murder spree and when they are stopped it is never due to our main character (Who in TWO mysteries ENTIRELY flubs it and would have gotten everyone killed if it wasn't for dumb luck from outer space). Often these murders would have been rather easy to prevent

It is a fundamental problem with the show's set up. He is a failure as a detective.
Which show are you talking about again? So many contexts to pick from...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19331 on: September 18, 2014, 05:23:35 am »

Kindaichi Case Files

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19332 on: September 18, 2014, 05:34:15 am »

I understand why Zeon lost now:

Running Windows on Cyrix processors.

BTW, Neo, when you say 3 episodes / 1 case, are you talking about the 2014 season?

Look two items up. They're also running AMD, and their OS is apparently some variant of BSD. (Of course, the artist really just slammed a bunch of tech terms on the list, confident that nobody would care.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19333 on: September 18, 2014, 07:53:09 am »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19334 on: September 18, 2014, 07:55:50 am »

Such as the DirectX Software Development Kit. Because Zeon definitely needs to develop fancy UIs for their equipment.

Also, what the heck is the catbus from? It's so... Bizzare.
Pages: 1 ... 1287 1288 [1289] 1290 1291 ... 2193