Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3057941 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #19110 on: September 05, 2014, 02:37:21 pm »

I think he means we need to find a character whose name starts with G, then a character whose name starts with I, and so on, along with what they're from.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19111 on: September 05, 2014, 03:25:01 pm »

I've started playing Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright. It's SO CHARMING and the mashup of styles and mechanics is SO CUTE AND FUN, the voice acting is all REALLY NICE AND ACCEPTABLE. For anyone not already familiar with it, the gist is that Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright get sucked into a magical fairytale book where Witches and Magic are real, and the two work together (as opposed to against eachother from what the VERSUS in the title may lead to believe) in order to solve mysteries and save a girl from being falsely executed in the Witch Trials!

And I love it so much, but then I got to thinking, and thought: WHY IS TRACEY NOT IN THIS GAME?!?!? She's a Magician! She'd have LOVED to learn about and be a part of a world with REAL MAGIC. She'd be the first person in line to sign up to be a real Witch!

Way to drop the ball there Capcom. Phoenix's Attorney Badge isn't even in my inventory! What's with that?! HOW am I supposed to know whether or not I'm a legit Attorney when I'm not carrying around a worthless item for the entire game to prove it?!?!? And Phoenix doesn't even have his cell phone to charmingly play the Steel Samurai theme every now and again. Why are you doing this to me Reggie Fils-Aimé? What have I done to deserve this? Are you some kind of sadist? I swear to god, once I'm done playing, and then re-playing this game, I'm gonna download it right back to you, you can have it, I won't want it anymore, and then I'll see how you like it. So there.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:26:40 pm by JoshuaFH »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19112 on: September 05, 2014, 03:31:57 pm »

Honestly Joshua... That game is So great that I honestly didn't want it as a game, I wanted it as an anime.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19113 on: September 05, 2014, 04:42:42 pm »

Does anyone know when the English dub of KLK is coming out?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19114 on: September 05, 2014, 04:45:40 pm »

And I love it so much, but then I got to thinking, and thought: WHY IS TRACEY NOT IN THIS GAME?!?!? She's a Magician! She'd have LOVED to learn about and be a part of a world with REAL MAGIC. She'd be the first person in line to sign up to be a real Witch!
Because Trucey lives in DA FUTURE and literally doesn't appear as a character until Nick gets disbarred. Also, that would mean no Maya.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19115 on: September 05, 2014, 05:07:34 pm »

There's a teaser out for Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 . That's all it says. Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 on a white screen and then Next.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19116 on: September 05, 2014, 05:23:19 pm »

Dubs...

Alright, I'll start the conversation.

Which anime, in your opinion,  has a superior dub vs original japanese sub?

Black Lagoon until Japan arc.
The definitive Revy, Dutch, and Balalaika voices.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #19117 on: September 05, 2014, 05:28:08 pm »

There's a teaser out for Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 . That's all it says. Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 on a white screen and then Next.

That makes about as much sense as I've come to expect from Evangelion.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19118 on: September 05, 2014, 06:22:56 pm »

I do really like the PWvPL setting, witnesses constantly changing their stories and the endless tunnel vision against the defendant make a lot more sense in a witch trial environment.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19119 on: September 05, 2014, 07:20:52 pm »

Baccano! dubs are pretty good, though the subs aren't too slack either.

Haruhi Suzumiya: idk if the dubs are better, but they seem to work pretty good considering. Good casting decisions, I think.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19120 on: September 05, 2014, 08:31:21 pm »

Baccano! and Cud Geese are both probably worth doing a double showing of both subs and dubs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19121 on: September 06, 2014, 01:32:33 am »

Because Trucey lives in DA FUTURE and literally doesn't appear as a character until Nick gets disbarred. Also, that would mean no Maya.

You know, when you're making a Project X Zone-style character mashup game, atleast in my mind, it's OK to just pull the single best characters from each continuity and just mush them in there whether they fit or not. Like, you know, some kind of big vidyagame meatloaf sloppy joe.

Yeah.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19122 on: September 06, 2014, 03:04:08 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19123 on: September 06, 2014, 03:10:31 pm »

The original DigiDestined are back.

My body is ready.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19124 on: September 06, 2014, 03:13:31 pm »

Honestly it may be surprising to hear this...

But I actually kind of liked Digimon back when it was a little bit more about you and your digimon, raising them... and being surprised by what you get.
Pages: 1 ... 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 ... 2193