Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1268 1269 [1270] 1271 1272 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058337 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #19035 on: August 31, 2014, 07:05:01 am »

So I watched 5 Centimeters Per Second. That ending. The feels.

The ending song "One More Time, One More Chance" remains one of my favorite sappy songs of all time.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19036 on: August 31, 2014, 09:33:21 am »

...I only have one thing to say about yesterdays Aldnoah Zero

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 09:41:15 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #19037 on: August 31, 2014, 09:57:20 am »

That episode bookended itself nicely with gigantic "What the actual fuck"s.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19038 on: August 31, 2014, 03:25:41 pm »

Ok more watching anime and seeing tropes.

One of the major reasons you REALLY SHOULD stop playing a sport after you are seriously injured is because you are just imposing on your opponent who now has to grapple with the fact that just playing against you means they could grievously injure or outright kill you.

In Prince of Tennis it was just dumb... (and they flip flopped)... but then again that is a bit more self-inflicted then the opponent injuring you.

But in Hajime No Ippo I just sort of realized that... It is kind of a jerkish thing to do, to put your opponent in a position where if he wants to win he literally needs to kill you. Honestly if boxing was ANYTHING like the way the show depicts I'd support it being banned.

I don't know... I just never saw the point in throwing away your life for a cheap victory... and I know NO anime, No cartoon, no movie is ever going to support this.

I mean could you imagine a Rocky movie where he receives a deadly head injury but can still box unimpeded and goes "No, this match is not worth my life... I forfeit"

I'll still watch Ippo because I was TOLD there is a "It isn't worth it" scene in there...

----

I will also say I REALLY appreciate the art improvement.

It helps so much in this series.

As well I am glad the movie didn't overly upgrade the art. It tends to be a big problem with a lot of anime movies where the art is "improved" to the point where it feels like a different series.

Also I am amazing to hear then World's Mightiest Disciple might be FINALLY getting another season. WOO!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:15:58 pm by Neonivek »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19039 on: August 31, 2014, 05:55:30 pm »

Ok more watching anime and seeing tropes.

One of the major reasons you REALLY SHOULD stop playing a sport after you are seriously injured is because you are just imposing on your opponent who now has to grapple with the fact that just playing against you means they could grievously injure or outright kill you.
read Tomorrow's Joe

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19040 on: September 01, 2014, 12:34:40 am »

I should...

I'll look into Tomorrow's Joe immediately.

Also GOODNESS Hajime No Ippo loves its blatant outright sexual harassment... the kind that can put you behind bars for years... and oddly enough is equal opportunity with it.

Which I only mention because currently I am sickened from it...... I thought I wasn't watching an "adult" anime >_<... But goodness it is the most sexual anime I ever seen.

That and I am honestly disturbed...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19041 on: September 01, 2014, 12:38:46 am »

..Really? I mean I think I stopped around episode 30 and I saw nothing like that except the 1 or 3 humorous locker room scenes. If that's what you're talking about, you seriously need to lighten up, guy.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19042 on: September 01, 2014, 12:48:56 am »

..Really? I mean I think I stopped around episode 30 and I saw nothing like that except the 1 or 3 humorous locker room scenes. If that's what you're talking about, you seriously need to lighten up, guy.

Ignoring when they start fondling each others... junk (which they do an abnormally high amount of times... I've said how this show has an odd homoerotic undertone)... As well as one scene of uhhh... Stuuuuuuff... >_> (Lets just say... "Undertone" nothing...)

I am talking about where...

I am honestly disgusted especially since I think we are supposed to be on the villain's side in this >_>

OHH GAWD I just realized... This is Familiar Zero territory all over again... AHH!

Ohh well I guess I am the minority in this case.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 12:55:19 am by Neonivek »

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19043 on: September 01, 2014, 01:47:51 am »

*snip*
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:56:50 am by NobodyPro »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19044 on: September 01, 2014, 02:13:20 am »

Ignoring when they start fondling each others... junk (which they do an abnormally high amount of times... I've said how this show has an odd homoerotic undertone)... As well as one scene of uhhh... Stuuuuuuff... >_> (Lets just say... "Undertone" nothing...)

I am talking about where...

I am honestly disgusted especially since I think we are supposed to be on the villain's side in this >_>

OHH GAWD I just realized... This is Familiar Zero territory all over again... AHH!

Ohh well I guess I am the minority in this case.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQjAdk_xDDE <-- Scenes in question+the part Neon left out where her boyfriend humorously tries to get revenge for the humorous incident because all the characters who are long time friends (they've known each other and fought and trained together for years) were butthurt but took it lightly. Judge for yourself though. :v

e: Then there's all these other normal people on these boards who just thought it was hilarious.
http://origin.myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=76424&show=0

^^TL;DR: "Great episode" etc. People saying they liked it, that it's faithful to the manga, the show has a good sense of humor, so on.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:23:28 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19045 on: September 01, 2014, 09:45:04 am »

I left it out because the first episode they weren't sure what the creature was in...

The second it resulted in him being "mildly afraid" and then everyone needing to overglorifyingly apologizing to him.

And yes I know I am the minority here because people think sexual harassment is hilarious and sexy.

The same way people think Familiar Zero's abuse is hilarious and sexy. (Mind you... Familiar Zero is way worse...)

It is why I say I am in the same territory again. I am watching scenes meant to be HILLARIOUS but all I see is terrible people doing terrible things and the show trying to egg me into laughing, which makes it worse. The fact that Takamura pretty much gets away with it... irks me. I honestly thought the scene would play out where he saw the sea creature secretly and decided to eat it anyway and pretend he didn't know.

Cause the other stuff was just jovial egging... it was terrible but it was the kind of terrible that people do to their friends. So I could understand the tone they were going with.

---

Edit addition:

Ok I am over it now. Familiar Zero got my permanent ire because not only was it worse in that respect but it was also fairly realistic in its depiction of abuse yet still expecting you to find it funny and did it often, continuously, but also expected you to find it as proof of their strong relationship... (Honestly was the writer of that manga in some sort of abusive relationship?)

Ippo was exaggerated to high hell to remove it from reality and it happened all of ONCE and won't happen again... All it does is pretty much cement the fact that I REALLY don't like Takamura. Upgrading my dislike of him to great dislike.

Also man are people's night vision terrible... I can see in my room at night with my shades drawn... They can't see in a cloudless night...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 11:21:09 am by Neonivek »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19046 on: September 01, 2014, 11:26:50 am »

Actually, FoZ was originally a light novel, so yeah.
Regardless, most of my experience with FoZ is fanfiction, specifically the ones where Louise summons something completely different.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19047 on: September 01, 2014, 11:41:29 am »

Actually, FoZ was originally a light novel, so yeah.
Regardless, most of my experience with FoZ is fanfiction, specifically the ones where Louise summons something completely different.

Stick with it.

If there is one thing Familiar Zero does that is worse then its TERRIBLE taste in comedy... it is squandering whatever great ideas it has.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19048 on: September 01, 2014, 01:36:29 pm »

The really funny part is when you realize that manga-Louise was the least terrible person of the three.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19049 on: September 01, 2014, 01:56:10 pm »

What? Having never read the manga, I have no idea what you're on about. By 'the three' I assume you're talking about Kirsche, Siesta and Louise?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 1268 1269 [1270] 1271 1272 ... 2193