Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1259 1260 [1261] 1262 1263 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3059653 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #18900 on: August 20, 2014, 09:02:15 am »

The first Mirai Nikki opening.
Just... That opening though. Definitely not watching the anime, already read the manga and I ain't going through that again, but that opening. Just wow. Definitely on my favourite openings list, if not my favourite opening ever.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18901 on: August 20, 2014, 07:09:36 pm »

Just... That opening though. Definitely not watching the anime, already read the manga and I ain't going through that again, but that opening. Just wow. Definitely on my favourite openings list, if not my favourite opening ever.

It's pretty good, but personally I wouldn't put it higher than Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex's; Right up alongside Shiki, Spice and Wolf, and Darker Than Black, and a bit above Hellsing, .hack//Sign, Canaan, Ergo Proxy and Baccano.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #18902 on: August 20, 2014, 08:37:13 pm »

I have recently learned that Fate/Zero managed some impressive alignments with the air dates of certain episodes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18903 on: August 20, 2014, 09:07:00 pm »

I have recently learned that Fate/Zero managed some impressive alignments with the air dates of certain episodes.

The most amusing part is that according to the production crew, that was all entirely on accident.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18904 on: August 20, 2014, 09:50:21 pm »

It's pretty good, but personally I wouldn't put it higher than Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex's; Right up alongside Shiki, Spice and Wolf, and Darker Than Black, and a bit above Hellsing, .hack//Sign, Canaan, Ergo Proxy and Baccano.
Just looked it up and gave it a watch.  That's rather interesting that Yousei Teikoku is still doing anime jobs.  I never even knew they did that work too, originally.
Yes, I listen to Yousei Teikoku on occasion.  It's a guilty pleasure, even if it's nothing like the pop I usually listen to. >_<

At any rate, the OP of Mirai Nikki.  Other then the music, I'm not so sure as far as my tastes are concerned.  It's just really "black and red."  Now, OPs I'm really fond of, just so my poor taste can be thrown in:
That should be a decent sprinkling; I could prattle on even more, but the list's quite long enough, I think.

EDIT: Realized a particular sentence could be misunderstood; cleaned it out to avoid inaccurate conclusions. Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 11:09:14 pm by Culise »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18905 on: August 21, 2014, 09:34:41 am »

Ohh man... Tuxedo Mask has the WORST DISGUISE EVER!

Which would be fine if in his universe his terrible disguise of...no disguise worked...

But apparently, and I laughed for a while after seeing this, his terrible disguise didn't fool anyone except Serena who is a dummy anyway.

>_< the trend of me liking the old anime over the newer one continues but I am waiting until the "early weirdness" goes away. The difference between them is more pronounced a bit later and the fact that the creator REALLY didn't know what to do with the series early on was in the manga (for example Serena has more then one power, accessory, and what have you that just goes away). Don't get me wrong, I like both and honestly episode 4 sealed the deal with me liking the new one with that example of terribleness.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:38:58 am by Neonivek »

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #18906 on: August 22, 2014, 01:13:31 pm »

Favorite Animés thus far:

-Deathnote

-Code Geass (Both Seasons)*

-Gundam Seed & Gundam Seed Destiny*

-Fullmetal Alchemist (Not Brotherhood, sadly...)

-Rideback* NOTE: Funimation, the company that made currently owns it, has put ALL episodes on YouTube, legally. They've put up other Animé, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

-First Season of The Legend of Korra***
(and no, I have not completely watched the original Avatar: The Last Airbender*** series, it is on my list folks)

-Afro Samurai, both the series and the movie. This in spite of the fact that it approaches 'Gorno', the character development and plot is just good. If you like a main character who can take anything and man up to it, watch this.

-First Yu-Gi-Oh series**

-Ghost in the Shell*  **

*  WARNING: HAS MECHS!
**Have not finished
***Debatable on if it is Animé or not, use own discretion.

Now, to read through this thread and take note of some of the more interesting sounding Animé on my list of Animé to watch...

Edited as I remember more and more.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:22:12 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18907 on: August 22, 2014, 01:36:47 pm »

I do believe neither Avatar The Last Airbender nor the Legend of Korra are actual anime.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18908 on: August 22, 2014, 01:40:12 pm »

I do believe neither Avatar The Last Airbender nor the Legend of Korra are actual anime.

That is debated, but for the sake of clarity I put them up. Anyone reading through that list can use their own discretion though. I'll put a note up on that in the post.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18909 on: August 22, 2014, 01:43:17 pm »

So apparently the Powered GM Cardigan is what Fumina uses before switching to the SD Winning Gundam. Red haired girl is MC's sister. Oh also Mr. Ral is the coach for their gunpla team *squee*
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 01:51:17 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18910 on: August 22, 2014, 01:46:43 pm »

I like how your all discussing something I already made a mention to.

Sturgeon's law Lego, you forgot to factor in that.

Look it up, it's the idea that 90% of everything is crap, and the remaining 10% is any good.

SIGGED.
GENERATION 32:

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #18911 on: August 22, 2014, 02:16:59 pm »

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou seems neat.

Rom-com, perfectly-normal-main-character-dude in a art-dedicated high school gets put in the "weird-kids" hall after adopting a stray cat he found in the streets and getting kicked out of his dorm for having it. Dude quickly levels up to "crazy cat lady" and adopts every stray cat he finds. The teacher managing the weird-kids hall sends MC-dude to go pick up her niece, who's transferring from England, and show her back to weird-kids hall. Girl is an artistic prodigy with great skills at drawing manga but is generally quiet, apathetic, and completely scatterbrained. MC-dude winds up playing the role of her "keeper". Presumably romance and comedy ensue.

It looks about like most rom-coms. Some fanservice, high school setting, MC sits in the back left corner of the class by the window, the usual. Only seen one episode so far. The character interaction seems interesting. Every character in the hall is utterly different with different quirks of personality.

Hory shet tho, these colors. The anime has a gorgeous color palette. I'd compare it to No Game No Life in terms of color. It's colorful. Delicious eye candy for my eye mouths.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18912 on: August 22, 2014, 02:57:55 pm »

Ohh man... Tuxedo Mask has the WORST DISGUISE EVER!

Which would be fine if in his universe his terrible disguise of...no disguise worked...

But apparently, and I laughed for a while after seeing this, his terrible disguise didn't fool anyone except Serena who is a dummy anyway.

>_< the trend of me liking the old anime over the newer one continues but I am waiting until the "early weirdness" goes away. The difference between them is more pronounced a bit later and the fact that the creator REALLY didn't know what to do with the series early on was in the manga (for example Serena has more then one power, accessory, and what have you that just goes away). Don't get me wrong, I like both and honestly episode 4 sealed the deal with me liking the new one with that example of terribleness.

Wait, wasn't there some sort of in-universe justification about the transformations (including Tuxedo Kamen's) including disguise magic that made it impossible for people to connect ordinary person A with superpowered person X who looks just like ordinary person A unless they're actively informed of the link?

I like how your all discussing something I already made a mention to.

Sturgeon's law Lego, you forgot to factor in that.

Look it up, it's the idea that 90% of everything is crap, and the remaining 10% is any good.

SIGGED.

More specifically,
Quote from: Sturgeon's Revelation
I repeat Sturgeon’s Revelation, which was wrung out of me after twenty years of wearying defense of science fiction against attacks of people who used the worst examples of the field for ammunition, and whose conclusion was that ninety percent of SF is crud. Using the same standards that categorize 90% of science fiction as trash, crud, or crap, it can be argued that 90% of film, literature, consumer goods, etc. is crap. In other words, the claim (or fact) that 90% of science fiction is crap is ultimately uninformative, because science fiction conforms to the same trends of quality as all other artforms.

Once again, SF is responsible for most of the interesting ideas formulated in the past century or two. :V

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18913 on: August 22, 2014, 03:04:31 pm »

Wait, wasn't there some sort of in-universe justification about the transformations (including Tuxedo Kamen's) including disguise magic that made it impossible for people to connect ordinary person A with superpowered person X who looks just like ordinary person A unless they're actively informed of the link?

There REALLY is no excuse for Tuxedo Mask... He wears his Tuxedo mask outfit everywhere he goes (which is distinctive and out of place). Sometimes I even have a hard time telling whether or not he is supposed to be in disguise in a scene. It would be as if Superman's disguise was the glasses, but he wore the Superman outfit all the time anyway... you are going to put two and two together (which hilariously one person does)

As well the exact explanation is that they look "different" transformed then they do in real life... but that implication was that it changed their facial, skin, and hair features rather then being an outright mind control deal. Something the Live-Action version demonstrated to a certain extent with the hair.

My theory is that early on the creator wasn't planning on Tuxedo Mask to really "have" a secret identity.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 03:08:28 pm by Neonivek »

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18914 on: August 22, 2014, 03:44:49 pm »

I just finished psycho-pass, and I am excited for the sequel. 

ALSO new RWBY episodes which is awesome.  I actually really like that show.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.
Pages: 1 ... 1259 1260 [1261] 1262 1263 ... 2193