Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1230 1231 [1232] 1233 1234 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3064835 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #18465 on: July 22, 2014, 02:01:41 am »

But seriously, there's a bit of fanservice in CKYKI but it's fairly low-key and definitely not the focus. The focus is on the plot and not the PLOT, you dig?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

thats a funny way of drawing squished boobs
I don't think they're being squished actually. It's more like she's leaning onto Shiro.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18466 on: July 22, 2014, 02:03:57 am »

But seriously, there's a bit of fanservice in CKYKI but it's fairly low-key and definitely not the focus. The focus is on the plot and not the PLOT, you dig?

thats a funny way of drawing squished boobs
I don't think they're being squished actually. It's more like she's leaning onto Shiro.

hm i shall study many fanservice filled mangas to find the ways different artists draw squished breasts
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18467 on: July 22, 2014, 02:12:35 am »

I am more distracted at how all the breasts drawn in that apparently have a good sheen going as if they were covered in oil or something.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18468 on: July 22, 2014, 02:17:32 am »

I am more distracted at how all the breasts drawn in that apparently have a good sheen going as if they were covered in oil or something.

oh god the breasts in sakura spirit have that so badly still i do want a sequel i make sure i mention my desire for a sequel every time i mention sakura spirit
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18469 on: July 22, 2014, 04:52:41 am »

One of these days I actually want to see how long episodes in an anime actually are. Generally speaking for any 22 minute episode, expect 18 minutes of actual content... maybe 19.

Mind you that isn't too bad as really that is about 2 minutes of recaps. There are some shows that manage to half that content to like 11 minutes (where like... half the episode is the previous episode) or where several episodes are recaps (Dang it Gundam Wing!). It is especially not that bad because outside the shows that DO IT REALLY BAD and are clearly padding... Most of these episodes take place 1 week or 2 weeks apart on stations that might have several good shows to watch each with their own continuity.

oh god the breasts in sakura spirit have that so badly still i do want a sequel i make sure i mention my desire for a sequel every time i mention sakura spirit

Its extremely common in general. I don't quite understand what gets in anime writer's minds that makes them believe that women's breasts are just shiny in general... or that all women wear latex clothing, at least around the breast area... Yet I guess it is because they are actually balloons.

Why is it that I could probably write books on just the many ways manga/anime overemphasizes women's breasts and becomes distracting?

What next an anime where women's breasts can actually grow into teethed monsters and eat people? (JK... it already exists)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 04:57:33 am by Neonivek »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18470 on: July 22, 2014, 08:48:20 am »

Mangaka in "has limited understanding of female anatomy" shock

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18471 on: July 22, 2014, 04:00:11 pm »

Puck and Ishidoro do quite frequently provide out of place comic relief, it's a major reason why I liked the Golden Age arc more.
At least Farnese and Serpico are cool.

I guess I should talk about manga.

Is anybody else reading Goodnight Punpun?? I'm on volume 10 of 13. It's not usually my thing, but it can be pretty humorous.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18472 on: July 22, 2014, 04:09:15 pm »

-irrevelant-

You have Reuental for avatar.

From 'No Prosit!' poster.

* Haspen hugs Toonybro.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 04:12:00 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18473 on: July 22, 2014, 07:36:10 pm »

WHOOPS!

I'd like to correct a statement WAY earlier...

Master Keaton wasn't the worst detective anime ever (well more like worst detective... the show was alright, the detective was terrible)... I mixed the name up. Sorry about that.

I haven't seen Master Keaton but certainly it must be better.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:44:43 pm by Neonivek »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18474 on: July 22, 2014, 10:05:51 pm »

Its extremely common in general. I don't quite understand what gets in anime writer's minds that makes them believe that women's breasts are just shiny in general... or that all women wear latex clothing, at least around the breast area... Yet I guess it is because they are actually balloons.

I suspect that it's a way of illustrating the roundness of the shape. I've seen a lot of scenes with gun barrels, violin cases, and other round objects having similar "shinys". It's very easy in a black and white medium such as manga (my copies of Negima have that sort of emphasis on the girls in the main pages, but not in the extra color art, for example) to generate an ugly mess by trying to overdo detail (especially given the very cheap stock a lot of manga is first printed on), and round is particularly hard to convey without a great deal of shading.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18475 on: July 23, 2014, 04:47:27 am »

So its a Tifa situation huh? ohh well.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18476 on: July 23, 2014, 06:55:57 am »

So, I just finished watching Martian Successor Nadesico and now I'm off to watch Madlax and see if I will get into it.

I've seen Planetes! That was awesome!
Dude, planetes was awesome. *fist bump*

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #18477 on: July 23, 2014, 03:58:36 pm »

I've seen Planetes! That was awesome!
Dude, planetes was awesome. *fist bump*
*bump fist*

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18478 on: July 23, 2014, 07:52:57 pm »

Spoiler: UQ Holder (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18479 on: July 23, 2014, 11:14:08 pm »

Starting!? It's Eva. Without a punching bag/apprentice/moral compass around.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1230 1231 [1232] 1233 1234 ... 2193