Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1227 1228 [1229] 1230 1231 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3065084 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #18420 on: July 20, 2014, 03:27:16 pm »

Not really mind screwy. Plenty of plot twists, yes, but they're largely straightforward.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18421 on: July 20, 2014, 04:36:00 pm »

But mind screwy is the best screwy!
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18422 on: July 20, 2014, 07:48:59 pm »

well i look forward to watching the movies then
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18423 on: July 20, 2014, 07:50:08 pm »

Not really mind screwy. Plenty of plot twists, yes, but they're largely straightforward.
yeah ive got to agree with you there everything is pretty well explained which i liked

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18424 on: July 20, 2014, 08:04:56 pm »

yeah ive got to agree with you there everything is pretty well explained which i liked
Oh so the freakishness of the witches' labryinths is explained? I mean c'mon, what's with the dust-ball with the Pringles-stash dancing like a showgirl?
Mind screw confirmed!
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18425 on: July 20, 2014, 08:14:24 pm »

Oh so the freakishness of the witches' labryinths is explained? I mean c'mon, what's with the dust-ball with the Pringles-stash dancing like a showgirl?
Mind screw confirmed!

oh yeah those are kinda mind screwy we all thought you were talking about the storyline some of the labyrinths can be explained partially by there location but thats really only the background of the labyrinth such as syringes near the hospital and you can go in reverse to the monitors around the old factory tells me they made monitors there

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #18426 on: July 20, 2014, 08:18:16 pm »

Yeah, I wouldn't say there's much in the way of mindfucks. Just a subversion of expectations and, in the third movie, a cloaking of motivations for, uh, things (and a bit of a metaphysical asspull that can be made to make sense, anyway).

Mind screw confirmed!
I don't understand what you mean. I mean, what's with the Anthonies and other minions is that they're projections of a witch's despair and various psychoses. We don't know much about most witches, but Oktavia's barrier is drenched in symbolism relevant to her grief, and it's a safe bet that the same is true of other witches. Same reason Charlotte's got all kinds of sweets. Beyond that, I'm not sure what you're looking for as far as an explanation.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18427 on: July 20, 2014, 08:34:57 pm »

Yeah, witches are eldritch horrors that do eldritch things. Or, even more succinct: magic. It makes sense for their surroundings to be weird as fuck.

While it's possible that there is a more elaborate explanation out there, that they don't explain it in the show proper doesn't make it a mind screw.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18428 on: July 20, 2014, 08:36:36 pm »

let us consult tvtropes wish me luck im going in

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18429 on: July 20, 2014, 08:39:28 pm »

Not resistant yet, I see.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18430 on: July 20, 2014, 08:42:52 pm »

Not resistant yet, I see.

im slowly becoming resistant also i saw the words lain with shotguns in there somewhere i am defiantly going to have a look at ergo proxy

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18431 on: July 20, 2014, 08:50:27 pm »

wow pullea madoka gets its own hoyay page

ive only really watched 2 anime pullea madoka and serial experiments lain if im not careful i will end up with an obsession for godhood endings
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 08:54:43 pm by tuypo1 »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18432 on: July 20, 2014, 08:51:33 pm »

* Darvi points at the "edit" button.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18433 on: July 20, 2014, 08:52:19 pm »

Please remember what the folks in the RTD board told you, and it's preferable if you use the edit button in the corner of your post instead of double posting, unless you have a reason to bump the thread.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18434 on: July 20, 2014, 09:37:28 pm »

Watched 2nd episode of Sailormoon remake and...

You know... I've always said that an anime isn't automatically inferior to the manga even if it changes things... and wow does it show.

Lets just say Tuxedo Mask has no secret identity because he wears his tuxedo mask outfit all the time! As well this episode felt kind of less poignant then the original.

I am sure it will get better. It is already good, I am just kind of surprised they left in the sides of the manga that the anime already fixed.

----

I will say one thing it does do better is give a reason why the villains are only in Japan. There is a good reason why they don't send monsters to London.

Also the Pens were actual pens? I know they were always called pens... but I always assumed it was because that was their general shape. And do they have limitless ink or do you have to change them once in a while?

Also dang does the Moon Tiara have impact... Villains died rather vaguely in the old anime... but dang don't you feel the Tiara just cutting right through their body.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 10:41:56 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 1227 1228 [1229] 1230 1231 ... 2193