Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1222 1223 [1224] 1225 1226 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3065671 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #18345 on: July 18, 2014, 03:08:04 pm »

Uhm, okay.. What am I supposed to search? *googles pink hair+spinning* My google-fu is honed but there's nothing special in that picture that would've helped me I don't think.

I'm a little curious, myself.  My first reaction was to go on TV Tropes and head straight for their Nice Hat entry, myself, but I didn't see it there. ^_^

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18346 on: July 18, 2014, 03:08:27 pm »

Drop the URL for the picture into google search bar, click go, then click search by image. Or you can open google, click images, click search by image then drop the picture URL in. I prefer the first way tohugh.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18347 on: July 18, 2014, 03:34:21 pm »

If you're using Chrome, "Search Google for This Image" is in the right-=click menu.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18348 on: July 19, 2014, 12:32:27 pm »

Well, saoII ep3 got pretty terrifying quick.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18349 on: July 19, 2014, 12:44:50 pm »

Has anybody here watched Inu x Boku? I watched it all in one sitting, and found myself liking it.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18350 on: July 19, 2014, 02:00:39 pm »

Yeah Inu x Boku was pretty fun.

... final battle in this arc of Mahouka, continuing the tradition of making all the male hero/side-kicks get humiliated (except for Tatsuya of course). Seriously, this writer has a major aversion to letting any of the other male good-guys look cool (especially poor Leo), because that would apparently not let his darling Tatsuya shine. In the final contest every guy has to wear goofy-looking outfits that cause the girls to laugh at them, except Tatsuya, of course.

... and one of the side-kicks gets his ass whooped, nobody blinks. Then, the same happens to Tatsuya and it's literally followed by a montage of girls all shouting "Tatsuya-kun!". Apparently Leo took a hit that he compared to the time he got hit by a "big motorcycle", and nobody gave a shit. I get the feeling Leo could get run over by a truck, and the girls would be more concerned about Tatsuya getting a paper cut.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 02:36:36 pm by Reelya »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18351 on: July 19, 2014, 02:32:07 pm »

... final battle in this arc of Mahouka, continuing the tradition of making all the male hero/side-kicks get humiliated (except for Tatsuya of course). Seeiously, this writer has a major aversion to letting any of the other male good-guys look cool (especially poor Leo), because that would apparently not let his darling Tatsuya shine. In the final contest every guy has to wear goofy-looking outfits that cause the girls to laugh at them, except Tatsuya.
This is starting to cut pretty close to its troubled high school roots, don't you think?

... and one of the side-kicks gets his ass whooped, nobody blinks. Then, the same happens to Tatsuya and it's literally followed by a montage of girls all shouting "Tatsuya-kun!".
I'm gonna need an exact time on the length of that.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18352 on: July 19, 2014, 02:39:08 pm »

The montage was quick but managed to cram 7 concerned young ladies in there. But totally not in a harem way though. :P

... and Tatsuya later states he's been defeaned by an explosion and is asked "but how have you been following the conversation?" answering "oh, I'm getting by with lip reading."

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 02:47:17 pm by Reelya »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18353 on: July 19, 2014, 03:29:17 pm »

The montage was quick but managed to cram 7 concerned young ladies in there. But totally not in a harem way though. :P

... and Tatsuya later states he's been defeaned by an explosion and is asked "but how have you been following the conversation?" answering "oh, I'm getting by with lip reading."

A weakness that's not really a weakness? check
Overpowered offensive and defensive abilities? check
Every female in 5 km lusts for him? check

My Mary Sue detector cannot handle so much marysueishness.
._.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18354 on: July 19, 2014, 04:48:06 pm »

Vector sent me to post in this thread, she said you should recommend me some neat anime right now. She said you'd be friendly.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18355 on: July 19, 2014, 05:04:57 pm »

She said you'd be friendly.
Die in a fire, pleb.

Really though, what do you like? We've got some fairly wide tastes in here.

A weakness that's actually a massive strength? check
ftfy
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18356 on: July 19, 2014, 05:32:42 pm »

She said you'd be friendly.
Die in a fire, pleb.

Really though, what do you like? We've got some fairly wide tastes in here.
Actually, I have no idea. I read lots of manga before, but I just started watching anime today, because I found a link on the internets. That link was to Sword Art Online, and I've been enjoying it massively so far, mostly because of the soundtrack and because it is exactly like what everyone told me anime would be like, although the second season is getting weirder and weirder. Well, Vector informed me that SAO isn't even a good anime yet, so she sent me here so you guys recommend me some good anime. So yeah, you can basically assume that I'm okay with everything.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18357 on: July 19, 2014, 05:46:03 pm »

SAO... well it is all over the place...

For starters, if you liked SAO, give Log Horizon a try.  It is similar-ish.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18358 on: July 19, 2014, 05:50:26 pm »

Action shows:
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Black Lagoon
Cowboy Beebop
Baccano / Durarara
Hellsing Ultimate
Code Geass
Kakumeiki Valvrave
Macross Zero / Macross Frontier (these have mind-blowing visuals, and the Frontier soundtrack is the best ever. watch the 1982 Macross in-between if you don't mind old-school animation).

sports Shows:
Hajime No Ippo
Kuroko's Basketball
^ these two have a best pacing of any sports anime I've seen, they manage to keep every match down to the wire which keep them more riveting than many action anime.

comedies:
Inferno Cop
Detroit Metal City
Watamote
Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

psychological:
Kino's Journey
Serial Experiments Lain
Paranoia Agent
Mushishi
Kaiba
Kuuchuu Buranko
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 05:54:46 pm by Reelya »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18359 on: July 19, 2014, 05:52:36 pm »

SAO... well it is all over the place...

For starters, if you liked SAO, give Log Horizon a try.  It is similar-ish.
No, you're not supposed to recommend stuff because it's similar to SAO, I don't even have something to compare that to, so how can I know if SAO is good at all? How about if everyone just recommends me their favorite few anime, and I work myself through them all before I decide what I liked and what I didn't like.

EDIT: Thanks, Reelya! I see I'm gonna be occupied for quite a while.
Pages: 1 ... 1222 1223 [1224] 1225 1226 ... 2193