Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1221 1222 [1223] 1224 1225 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3065641 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #18330 on: July 16, 2014, 11:59:31 pm »

*Genuinely would like to ask if you were trying to make some form of joke in the second line there because I'm getting a weird incomprehensible tone from you again

Quote from: anyways, story copy paste
Seven years have passed since Sei Iori won the 7th Gunpla Battle Championship World Tournament. The Gunpla Battle Championship is now run by Yajima Trading. With new rules and battle modes, the game's popularity has become even more widespread.

However, the Seiho Academy that Sei Iori once attended has failed to catch onto the trend. The only member of the school's Gunpla Battle Club is its president, middle-schooler Fumina Hoshino. Currently there is no way the club can participate in the middle an high-school division of the upcoming All-Japan Gunpla Battle Championship, where players fight in teams of three.

Then Fumina meets a new transfer student. He is Sekai Kamiki, a young martial artist who has been traveling with his master. Together with a young Gunpla builder named Yuuma Kousaka, they finally have three members for their team.

Sekai Kamiki, Yuuma Kousaka, and Fumino Hoshino - Team "TRY FIGHTERS" is about to begin its challenge!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:04:17 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18331 on: July 17, 2014, 12:29:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18332 on: July 17, 2014, 12:39:54 am »

Though yeah I am incredibly pissed off on many levels. So long as they don't make Hoshino lose for some sexist reason or throw her under the bus, I'll be fine.

They definitely want to link SD Gundams to the girls. But remember this is entirely a vessel for selling toy lines. That makes me think they have market research data instead of just being pricks: maybe SD Gundams are way more popular with girls in Japan than the regular ones. I can't see them just cutting off half their mark because "eww girls!".

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18333 on: July 17, 2014, 12:45:10 am »

The gundam fanbase doesn't really consider building SD's to be any sort of mark or unmanlyness or noobishness anyways. I don't know anything about their appeal to girls but they do have a large appeal within the gunpla building customization crowd since they're easier to modify and mix and match.

Also it's possible the Winning Gundam may combine with another Unit to form a full sized gundam. There's a few SD's out there that do that, and theres some evidence for it in it's design as the backpack has what looks like leg part plugins, and the head seems to be made out of a core fighter when seen from behind.

Edit: also its profile got translated and it mentions a "recombining transformation"
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:59:55 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18334 on: July 17, 2014, 01:30:11 am »

I won't write it off just yet.

For all I know this will more then exceed all my expectations. Heck maybe there is a major female competitor who uses a non-"girly" gundam, we don't know.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:46:31 am by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18335 on: July 17, 2014, 01:58:28 am »

Like Furtuka said, it's only in Gundam Build Fighters show itself that they seem specifically linked to girls. This is most likely based on market research, since the entire point of the show is to ship toys.

Anyway Aila already fought with a 'non-"girly" gundam' in the main series and she was definitely a major competitor.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18336 on: July 17, 2014, 02:10:22 am »

Anyway Aila already fought with a 'non-"girly" gundam' in the main series and she was definitely a major competitor.

Aila loses out for:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:14:16 am by Neonivek »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18337 on: July 17, 2014, 02:17:29 am »

Dun't care, anyone who can take down the devil gundam with a jegan and finish with an awesome pose is an eternal badass in my book, no matter what.

*also bonks people over the head for using incorrect mobile suit terminology*
It's FEF, not FEOF

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18338 on: July 18, 2014, 03:16:43 am »

Just started watching Gintama.

10/10

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18339 on: July 18, 2014, 11:28:09 am »

Just started watching Gintama.

10/10
it's like it's made of gold

*wink wink*
._.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18340 on: July 18, 2014, 12:40:27 pm »

Watching the opening of Zankyou no Terror, I immediately thought it was ripping off this Macross Frontier song. The vocal line right at the start is very similar. Then I noticed the director is Shinichiro Watanabe, and suddenly remembered Yoko Kanno (who worked on Cowboy Beebop with him as well as the Macross Frontier soundtrack) was collaborating with him on ZnT this season.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #18341 on: July 18, 2014, 02:50:08 pm »

I wish to know what this gif is from.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18342 on: July 18, 2014, 02:52:01 pm »

it's from little busters

you'd do well to learn how to search for this stuff as it took me a minute tops

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18343 on: July 18, 2014, 03:01:42 pm »

I've seen the show, so it took me about 0.67 seconds tops. Wafuu!

It's Key, so of course it's got a cutesy girl who has a weird nonsense catchphrase like Uguu~ Au~ or Gao~. In this show, it's that girl and "Wafuu!"
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 03:06:49 pm by Reelya »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #18344 on: July 18, 2014, 03:05:53 pm »

it's from little busters

you'd do well to learn how to search for this stuff as it took me a minute tops
Thanks!

Why should I do it when you can? :3 But what could I have possibly searched..? *googles pink hair+spinning* My google-fu is honed but there's nothing special in that picture that would've helped me I don't think.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 03:08:11 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 1221 1222 [1223] 1224 1225 ... 2193