Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066174 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #18255 on: July 10, 2014, 06:52:15 pm »

You get him literally after that fight, in fact.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18256 on: July 11, 2014, 09:39:41 am »

#1 "tasteful" yuri is Aoi Hana, by a huge margin. 11 ep anime, and a longer manga.

#2 is ... actually there's nothing that comes to mind in anime, the closest contenders are pretty cheesy compared to Aoi Hana. Perhaps Maria-sama ga Mitteru and Kashimashi.

I don't really know much about what suitable mangas there might be though..

There is this though:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6203/Sasameki_Koto
But I haven't seen it, so YMMV

-snip-

There's a good Yuri manga that I just finished a little while ago called Girl Friends. It's really cute, really sweet. Not a lot of fanservice and when the two finally get together you just want to hug them because it's really adorable.

Can confirm, it's cute.
Ah sorry I missed your replies guys, anyways thanks for the responses, I'll check them out, I had heard of Girl Friends before and tried to get to reading it but things came up and I missed my window o opportunity. So here's try #2
As for Aoi Hana - should I go manga first or Anime first?
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18257 on: July 11, 2014, 09:41:25 am »

Probably the anime first, since it's so short - and incomplete. Then, you can go for the manga for the complete story. I find it usually sucks going the other way for a series like this where they only made a short anime.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18258 on: July 11, 2014, 10:01:25 am »

Probably the anime first, since it's so short - and incomplete. Then, you can go for the manga for the complete story. I find it usually sucks going the other way for a series like this where they only made a short anime.
Okay, thanks for the suggestions!
I'v egotr plenty of anime to watch and manga to read and some games to play so I may not be around for a while after this post. Thank you all for the helps!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18259 on: July 11, 2014, 09:57:15 pm »

So, Zankyou no Terror #1. Same director and music composer team as Cowboy Beebop, I have some hopes this is going to be good. Love Yoko Kanno soundtracks.

Near the start of the episode, a transfer student comes to a school. "Oh, he'll end up in the seat now" I predict:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Proven right, I'm just calling that "the seat" now since 90% of anime protags sit there.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18260 on: July 11, 2014, 10:04:09 pm »

Personally I'm curious about what causes there to always be a vacancy in that spot. Do anime schools all hire the same pool of engineers who make certain that every window-row second-from-last desk has a chunk of radium in it or something? Is there a mysterious cross-series flying urban myth monster that can only reach through that specific window to snatch up unwary background characters prior to the plot beginning?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18261 on: July 11, 2014, 10:08:28 pm »

- You're far enough back that the teacher can't see/hear you, but not far enough back that there's no-one behind you to talk to
- You can stare vacantly out of the window

Thus it is clearly the best seat in the house.  Sadly it's such an easy spot to be distracted in that whoever sits there inevitably falls behind in their studies and gets kicked out.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18262 on: July 11, 2014, 10:43:07 pm »

Isn't it also odd that the transfer student always comes in partway through class, when everyone is already sitting down and then gets assigned a seat? Does it actually happen like this in real life?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18263 on: July 12, 2014, 01:44:36 am »

Isn't it also odd that the transfer student always comes in partway through class, when everyone is already sitting down and then gets assigned a seat? Does it actually happen like this in real life?
If they are late sure, usually though the teacher will have them stand in the front and introduce their self after morning greetings.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18264 on: July 12, 2014, 12:11:38 pm »

Eh, SAO 2 didn't disappoint like the second half of the first season of SAO did.
Dat noscope headshot tho.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18265 on: July 12, 2014, 01:51:31 pm »

theres still plenty of room for it to fuck up isn't there, with just 2 episodes out.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18266 on: July 12, 2014, 02:04:43 pm »

I assume it is because they are filing paperwork required to join the class or given a short talk by the teacher.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18267 on: July 12, 2014, 04:41:30 pm »

Spoiler: Aldnoah Zero (click to show/hide)

EDIT: In other news, reposting from the WTF thread

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:11:49 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18268 on: July 12, 2014, 05:28:32 pm »

http://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2014/07/43866-harmony-gold-productions-robotech-academy-hits-100000-first-week/

July 11th 2014 article:

Carl Macek, the producer of “Robotech,” was recently working with Harmony Gold on “Robotech: Academy.”

... and the article shows a picture of Carl Macek. This would be the same Carl Macek who died 4 years back. Way to have a misleading article. Everything surrounding Robotech / Harmony Gold is suspect.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18269 on: July 12, 2014, 05:59:19 pm »

Way to have a misleading article. Everything surrounding Robotech / Harmony Gold is suspect.
Exactly why I took to the japanese-with-eng-subs of the core anime of that cheap series: stupid management and a cultistly stupider fanbase(If anything can be stupider than said management that is.)

Anyways slightly better topic:
Anyone know a good place to watch english-subbed anime with decent quality video/audio?
Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 2193