Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066194 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #18210 on: July 08, 2014, 02:12:44 pm »

Spoiler: PF-78-1 Perfect Gundam (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18211 on: July 08, 2014, 02:33:24 pm »

i want to know why you use chrome and firefox at once

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18212 on: July 08, 2014, 02:41:53 pm »

chatzilla~
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18213 on: July 08, 2014, 04:12:08 pm »

Space Dandy is still dandy but god damn does it start so late now, comeon Adult Swim bring back the original Toonami times.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18214 on: July 08, 2014, 04:55:52 pm »

Done with Samurai Bride too.
Guess it's time to look at the new season and see if there's anything good.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18215 on: July 08, 2014, 07:34:14 pm »

I need to stop watching Mahouka. Someone send me a link to something like Space Dandy, or One Piece. Digimon... Hell, I'll take Genocyber over this.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18216 on: July 08, 2014, 07:55:16 pm »

Done with Samurai Bride too.
Guess it's time to look at the new season and see if there's anything good.

Akame Ga Kill

Tokyo Ghoul

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18217 on: July 08, 2014, 10:35:47 pm »

I checked when Sailormoon episodes are coming out.

It is Biweekly.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18218 on: July 08, 2014, 10:36:43 pm »

Yep.
It's FEF, not FEOF

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18219 on: July 09, 2014, 01:31:25 am »

I started watching the original Lupin the 3rd series, and hot damn is it amazing in it's own way. Every episode is like it's own movie, despite being only standard episode length.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18220 on: July 09, 2014, 02:46:04 am »

I'm seeking out Anime or Manga that are a definition of "Good Yuri/Shoujo-Ai" or "Tasteful Yuri/Shoujo-Ai" may be the better term here...

In short: little to zero Fanservice(some is allowable but not a whole lot), any kisses are built up towards and few and far between, but only few/far enough to keep the reader intrigued, I'd also like there to be some boys involved in the recurring cast, but not involved any romance past confessing only to be turned down, and not only as brothers to the girls.
Sorry for the specificness of this search...I just really want a good, clean, and truthful Yuri/Shoujo-Ai about the real essence of Love between two girls.

Anyways...Anyone know some Yuri/Shoujo-Ai (Anime or Manga) that'll at least come close to that?
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18221 on: July 09, 2014, 02:51:55 am »

#1 "tasteful" yuri is Aoi Hana, by a huge margin. 11 ep anime, and a longer manga.

#2 is ... actually there's nothing that comes to mind in anime, the closest contenders are pretty cheesy compared to Aoi Hana. Perhaps Maria-sama ga Mitteru and Kashimashi.

I don't really know much about what suitable mangas there might be though..

There is this though:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6203/Sasameki_Koto
But I haven't seen it, so YMMV
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:53:52 am by Reelya »

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18222 on: July 09, 2014, 09:19:34 am »

So I was watching Knights of Sidonia, and I am not liking it as much as I thought I would.  I am a few episodes in.
Minor spoilers ahead!

The main character is Cliche, in that he is super special or something.  Has at least three people vying for his affection (Standard anime stuff, but it gets so old sometimes).  Has a rival who is super jealous because he is the special one.  All fairly standard plot points.  They work though, I suppose.

The enemies can only be killed by macguffins, found in some mysterious place.  Of course they take the shape of spears, so the combat has to be hand to hand in giant mechs obviously. 

The animation for the char's is fairly meh, in terms of their facial expressions especially, I find.  The fighting and action scenes are pretty rad though.  The show is also deliciously dark, with characters dying left and right along with questionable morals in the name of survival. 

All in all, it has all the pieces, but it seems to mesh them together awkwardly.  It's hard to put into words, but I feel like it lacks soul, with the plot moving not because that's what the characters do, but because that's how the story goes.

Maybe I am wrong, though.  Anyone else have any opinions?  I have gotten to the episode where he wakes up in the hospital with minor amnesia.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18223 on: July 09, 2014, 09:57:52 am »

I'm seeking out Anime or Manga that are a definition of "Good Yuri/Shoujo-Ai" or "Tasteful Yuri/Shoujo-Ai" may be the better term here...

In short: little to zero Fanservice(some is allowable but not a whole lot), any kisses are built up towards and few and far between, but only few/far enough to keep the reader intrigued, I'd also like there to be some boys involved in the recurring cast, but not involved any romance past confessing only to be turned down, and not only as brothers to the girls.
Sorry for the specificness of this search...I just really want a good, clean, and truthful Yuri/Shoujo-Ai about the real essence of Love between two girls.

Anyways...Anyone know some Yuri/Shoujo-Ai (Anime or Manga) that'll at least come close to that?

There's a good Yuri manga that I just finished a little while ago called Girl Friends. It's really cute, really sweet. Not a lot of fanservice and when the two finally get together you just want to hug them because it's really adorable.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #18224 on: July 09, 2014, 04:16:29 pm »

If I've watched the Berserk animu, can I safely skip the Golden arc in the manga?
Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 ... 2193