Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067100 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #18090 on: July 02, 2014, 11:27:12 am »

I really wasn't expecting much when somebody recommended me Hyakka Ryōran Samurai Girls, but the artstyle is beautiful and it has some very good voiceactors.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 11:34:26 am by Mindmaker »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18091 on: July 02, 2014, 02:22:54 pm »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18092 on: July 02, 2014, 02:29:54 pm »

So when are you going to fight with it?

Tis an MG kit, too complex and costly to risk in the Gunpla Battle I'm afraid :P
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 02:32:21 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18093 on: July 02, 2014, 03:47:42 pm »

Spoiler: UQ Holder 40 (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #18094 on: July 02, 2014, 04:01:38 pm »

So apparently there are people who genuinely enjoy Mahouka???

I don't particularly care though, people enjoyed Twilight as well. That thread got me some decent pictures though.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18095 on: July 02, 2014, 04:30:11 pm »

mahouka sounds amazing

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18096 on: July 02, 2014, 04:32:15 pm »

mahouka sounds amazing

If it was a parody... which it isn't.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18097 on: July 02, 2014, 05:06:26 pm »

I really wasn't expecting much when somebody recommended me Hyakka Ryōran Samurai Girls, but the artstyle is beautiful and it has some very good voiceactors.
Yeah, the artstyle is simply stunning. The only shame is the "story". I mean, it's fine when it's doing story, but most of the time it's running in circles with harem BS. Could have been a true classic if not for that. If you don't mind action harem comedies, though, it's the one to check out for sure due to the excellent art and OST.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:13:38 pm by Reelya »

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18098 on: July 02, 2014, 05:24:52 pm »

Wixoss was certainly a good anime. Good opening. and while it does feature battles, honestly they are not too exciting but blissfully completely unimportant to the introspective drama unfolding.

This show was good, agreed, even if it is just
It gets props for being
and for

All the spoiler tags, all the time.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18099 on: July 02, 2014, 05:58:17 pm »

Yeah, the artstyle is simply stunning. The only shame is the "story". I mean, it's fine when it's doing story, but most of the time it's running in circles with harem BS. Could have been a true classic if not for that. If you don't mind action harem comedies, though, it's the one to check out for sure due to the excellent art and OST.
I've seen worse.
But yeah, there's not a whole lot happening at times and it tends to go in circles, but the characters still manage to appear "lively" in those "stale" scenarios.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18100 on: July 02, 2014, 08:29:23 pm »

Bakumatsu Rock, first ep is out. It has potential as a farcical comedy.

The story is set in the Bakumatsu era, at the end of the shoguns' rule over Japan in the middle of the 19th century. The Tokugawa shogunate uses the brainwashing Heaven's Songs by the top idols in Shinsengumi to subjugate the country and its people. In this Japan, writing or singing any songs besides the Heaven's Songs is a capital offense. Sakamoto Ryouma and the other rockers rise up and change the world with rock 'n' roll for freedom and justice.

Basically, the imperial government-sanctioned music is played by Shinsengumi samurais-turned-boy-bands, the authorities confiscate instruments in the "guitar hunt", and the MC is a rebel who just wants to rock out.

So far it's avoided most of the annoying tropes that are prevalent at the moment (loli free zone :) ), it feels like a parody of old samurai flicks more than anything, but with guitars instead of swords.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 08:36:35 pm by Reelya »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18101 on: July 02, 2014, 09:01:18 pm »

mahouka sounds amazing
I'm going to watch it, I'm going to like it, and then I'm going to laugh at y'all for not having any heads anymore.

Gulddom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18102 on: July 02, 2014, 10:32:25 pm »

I just finished the episode of Death Note where
I enjoyed it, but I'm not really interested in the story with Near. Is it worth watching?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18103 on: July 03, 2014, 03:39:52 am »

I just finished the episode of Death Note where
I enjoyed it, but I'm not really interested in the story with Near. Is it worth watching?

Even the creator admits that the manga (and by extension the anime) is no where close to as interesting in the second half. It is why the movie actually manages to fix quite a bit (and is one of the few cases where outright deviating from the source material creates a superior product)

There is certainly value in continuing to watch it... but you need to get your preconceived notions out of your head. The first season was a great game of cat and mouse. The second season isn't.

Basically the second season is more of an extended resolution of the first season. It is less exciting, but you can honestly take that as intentional as the climax already occurred.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:41:37 am by Neonivek »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18104 on: July 04, 2014, 12:22:58 am »

Argevollen seems like it shaping up to have potential as a interesting war drama style mecha show. I'm a bit cautious because of the disconnect in the designs. The main robot has proportions kinda like an evangelion, while all the grunts look like hunchbacked tanks out of Front Mission. And I'm a bit weirded out by the squishy modern character designs its using. Makes it a bit tougher to take seriously during the tense situations.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 ... 2193