Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1203 1204 [1205] 1206 1207 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067084 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #18060 on: June 30, 2014, 09:29:42 pm »

Oooh I shall.

It has been a while since I started a really good hobby anime. My last one was Akagi which was really good but suffered from having everyone except Akagi being the biggest morons ever who haven't heard of basic psychology always going on about how "Akagi thinks on a level far beyond other humans, no one could possibly know what he is thinking". But because I am not watching it anymore all those scenes seem hilarious to me now, I almost want to rewatch it just for that.

Any good detective animes? Master Keaton was probably the worst detective anime I ever seen and at a certain point I HAD to watch it ironically just to suck out any enjoyment mostly because he is the worst detective I ever seen even when compared to joke detectives (he NEVER through any force of his own prevents a murder)... but both Professor Layton, Class Q, and Detective Conan were good with Layton and Detective Conan being the stand outs... Layton for its unique presentation and great characterization, and Detective Conan for its competent mysteries but mostly for its presentation on the nature of murder (In that it ALWAYS treats death as a loss.) as well as being hilarious to see how Conan will stumble upon the next murder (I am STILL waiting for him to find one in the bathroom).

Time to find Wixoss.

---

Watched it a bit... I am oddly reminded of how big Japan's guilt culture is.

Mostly because in a western show a kid with no friends isn't obligated for anything. They TEND to be treated as outcasts in the show, but there are a few that treat them as "People who prefer to be alone".

Yet the anime treats the main character having no friends mostly as something she needs to fix all on her own, in spite of not really seeming like that is something she wants to do... it is something she should do so others don't worry.

Which don't get me wrong I am not one of those people who believes that no one should do something they don't want to do just to please someone else (Honestly there is giving into peer pressure and then there is just being someone who never gives and takes)... It is just something I a cultural difference that shows.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 09:54:29 pm by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18061 on: June 30, 2014, 10:26:50 pm »

Well I'm keeping up with Kindaichi's Case Files, the current season. Looks like there's an original season from the 90's with 170+ episodes or something, and because of the new season someone got around to starting to sub the old ones.

The show is ok, not great, but some (maybe all) of the cases make me roll my eyes with how convoluted and unlikely the solutions to the mysteries are. Mostly it's arcs, with a case taking somewhere between 4-6 eps or so.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 10:28:30 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18062 on: June 30, 2014, 10:27:55 pm »

Wait... is Kindaichi the kid who is a genius and the first mystery is in the very school he is in?

I might have mixed animes

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18063 on: June 30, 2014, 10:28:58 pm »

idk about the old anime, it's from a manga tho. he is school-aged though.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18064 on: June 30, 2014, 11:26:44 pm »

I checked out Wixoss

Unfortunately RIGHT NOW it is as much of a "Card-game anime" as the later seasons of Bakugon.

Since they never explain the mechanics, the cards, or even the strategy of the game.

All I understand is that it is basically like Hearthstone mixed in with Magic the Gathering (since the colors seem to match the MTG colors so far..)

It is good mind you. It just doesn't hit the same notes that I look for in a card game anime or even a hobby anime.

---

Also dang I love that Grandmother... "Ohh you bought a book on a hobby? Wow"

She manages to be a "cool grandmother" without the typical "Radical I can use the internet", but rather a "I will take interest in your interests and be supportive towards you"
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:26:39 am by Neonivek »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18065 on: July 01, 2014, 12:25:07 am »

The opening of the new Sailor Moon remake got leaked
OOH I LIKIES!
Thanks for the intel Furtuka!
I heard some other mention Precure...can anyone tell me: For a fan of Magical girls Series(Sailor moon and Madoka being the biggest names I can think of), Is Precure is worth a watch?
edit: I hear some say it is, some say it isn't, basically they say if you like MG in general you'll like it, but some say it's terrible...I just don't know yet but wanna know
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:33:17 am by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18066 on: July 01, 2014, 12:51:57 am »

OOH I LIKIES!
I heard some other mention Precure...can anyone tell me: For a fan of Magical girls Series(Sailor moon and Madoka being the biggest names I can think of), Is Precure is worth a watch?
edit: I hear some say it is, some say it isn't, basically they say if you like MG in general you'll like it, but some say it's terrible...I just don't know yet but wanna know
Precure is magical girls on sugar coma, its not for the fainthearted. My buddy got into it alot but i stayed far away.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18067 on: July 01, 2014, 12:53:28 am »

OOH I LIKIES!
Precure is magical girls on sugar coma, its not for the fainthearted. My buddy got into it alot but i stayed far away.

How sugary?

Are we talking Wedding Peach or Pretty Cure levels here?

Or are we going all the way up to Digi Carate?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18068 on: July 01, 2014, 12:54:49 am »

*cough*Precure is Pretty Cure*cough*

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18069 on: July 01, 2014, 01:01:27 am »

OOH I LIKIES!
its not for the fainthearted.
Care to explain what you mean by "not for the fainthearted"?
If you mean it's grusome/bloody-as-heck I'll stay away...but if you mean excessively cutesy, I don't mind at all.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18070 on: July 01, 2014, 01:13:49 am »

*cough*Precure is Pretty Cure*cough*

Ohh Precure.

Well it depends on the generation. Some feel like Magical Girl animes if they took place in Candy Land.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18071 on: July 01, 2014, 01:48:45 am »

Onikirimaru (a 90's OVA) - I finally found something disgustingly gory enough to give Genocyber a run for it's money. Neither are that great though. They don't really make this sort of gorn anime anymore.

Better than tell you about it, I made y'all a gif:
http://i.imgur.com/KMf7YBZ.gif
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:40:53 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18072 on: July 01, 2014, 03:15:04 am »

Well that was a fun anime blitz

Wixoss was certainly a good anime. Good opening. and while it does feature battles, honestly they are not too exciting but blissfully completely unimportant to the introspective drama unfolding.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:31:39 am by Neonivek »

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #18073 on: July 01, 2014, 08:36:11 am »

Onikirimaru (a 90's OVA) - I finally found something disgustingly gory enough to give Genocyber a run for it's money. Neither are that great though. They don't really make this sort of gorn anime anymore.

Better than tell you about it, I made y'all a gif:
http://i.imgur.com/KMf7YBZ.gif
Ah, 90's. Such glorious times.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18074 on: July 01, 2014, 01:27:50 pm »

So...
DBZ anyone?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 1203 1204 [1205] 1206 1207 ... 2193