Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1202 1203 [1204] 1205 1206 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067416 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #18045 on: June 27, 2014, 06:29:45 pm »

Likewise, the two children in Berserk are there respectively to

It's not about children being in a series (because that can work), it's about the stupid/creepy ways in which they're presented in certain genres.
You're forgetting some, and if that was the case he should have said so. :3

As for SAO, I'd call it bad but in the not painful to watch kind of way. I can't think of anything particularly redeeming about it, but I managed to get through the first season so apparently it did something right somewhere in there.

I don't know that this would have solved anything. Other cast members were still marginally relevant/able to not get one-shot for poorly explained, poorly displayed reasons. Adding a special snowflake skill to each probably wouldn't have done anything but let them look fancy and declare their skill before hacking at whatever they were fighting like normal.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18046 on: June 27, 2014, 06:52:20 pm »

I'm watching a show about cute girls doing cute things again. The difference this time, it also has cute animals being cute.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18047 on: June 27, 2014, 08:01:08 pm »

Two more episodes left of Honey and Clover II.
It really is sad and depressing, but not sad and depressing enough. I really want to watch something with the same impact as Welcome to the NHK without having to rewatch it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18048 on: June 27, 2014, 08:05:18 pm »

I'm watching a show about cute girls doing cute things again. The difference this time, it also has cute animals being cute.
Is it the one with the rabbit cafes, or something else?

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18049 on: June 27, 2014, 08:26:35 pm »

Is it the one with the rabbit cafes, or something else?
Yes. That one.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18050 on: June 27, 2014, 10:52:05 pm »

I just watched the Petshop Of Horrors OVA, there's cute girls and rabbits in episode 1 of that too :D. Often those short OVAs feel like a drag even though they're only a few episodes, but this one was really entertaining. Adding the manga to my reading list.

You know, I think Mahouka's author got the hero side and "villain" side mixed up:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:28:53 pm by Reelya »

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18051 on: June 30, 2014, 08:01:51 pm »

Well my backlog is big enough so that I can go through all the shows and see which ones have the voice actors I like.
Makes picking easier.

Although I reall should watch NGE SOMETIME.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18052 on: June 30, 2014, 08:15:54 pm »

I've never seen an anime more creatively empty then this...

So I am watching an anime (don't ask why... I like card game animes) and it is called Future Card Buddyfight.

And basically there are these monsters who can become your "Buddy monster" and they convey upon you one ability.

And so far ALL of them have been flight with only one in the entire series not being based around it... and it was armor.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18054 on: June 30, 2014, 08:39:15 pm »

Dat hair... Seriously though, it's like she has two tentacles strapped to her head with all of the wiggling they're doing.

But... other than that I don't really have an opinion. Sailor Moon is not really my thing, I just wanted to comment about the memorizing hair tentacles. Carry on. Seriously though, dat hair...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18055 on: June 30, 2014, 08:50:25 pm »

That aside, just the thought of a Sailor Moon adaptation that doesn't rely heavily on stock footage for the fights is excellent. And if they stick to the insanity of the manga plot and power levels...

ALSO RELEVANT.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18056 on: June 30, 2014, 08:52:45 pm »

That aside, just the thought of a Sailor Moon adaptation that doesn't rely heavily on stock footage for the fights is excellent. And if they stick to the insanity of the manga plot and power levels...

I am most looking forward to the Sailor Scouts and Tuxedo Mask actually being able to hold themselves during a fight.

Don't get me wrong they all had their great moments (Ohh man... have they).

I do hope they at least try to get some of the balance the original anime had. I've seen the Live Action "accurate" version and not everything I really enjoyed from it.

Heck... I know it gives the shaft to Tuxedo Mask in the anime... but I didn't mind what they did to his supporting characters.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 08:54:16 pm by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18057 on: June 30, 2014, 08:54:21 pm »

I am most looking forward to the Sailor Scouts and Tuxedo Mask actually being able to hold themselves during a fight.

Don't get me wrong they all had their great moments (Ohh man... have they).

I do hope they at least try to get some of the balance the original had. I've seen the Live Action "accurate" version and not everything I really enjoyed from it.

To be perfectly honest, I might even be content with a little nod in the form of

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18058 on: June 30, 2014, 09:07:31 pm »

I would mind if Luna and Artimis later get a child who is basically the Luna from the life action version.

So long as Luna is NOT Live Action Luna...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18059 on: June 30, 2014, 09:21:48 pm »

(don't ask why... I like card game animes)
You should try out Wixoss then, which just aired season 1, with season 2 confirmed.
Pages: 1 ... 1202 1203 [1204] 1205 1206 ... 2193