Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1201 1202 [1203] 1204 1205 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067456 times)

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #18030 on: June 26, 2014, 10:28:04 am »

Black Lagoon doesn't have kids in except for a couple of episodes.

I was gonna say, but then I remembered Jim Hawking, but then I looked it up and apparently he's actually eleven years old. :P It certain is easy to forget that Jim is a kid, since he's more mature than Gene in most ways.

The kids aren't there for sexual reasons. Two of them have sexual reasons in their backstories, but that's just... Oh god...
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18031 on: June 26, 2014, 12:16:41 pm »

Black Lagoon seems pretty short on lolis, there's always that.

And Sidonia no Kishi this season, i don't think we've seen a single child in all of Sidonia, my guess is that they're tank-bred clones.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18032 on: June 26, 2014, 12:17:19 pm »

So, opinions on SAO?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18033 on: June 26, 2014, 12:18:41 pm »

Get popcorn + beer, turn brain off, and it's fine.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18034 on: June 26, 2014, 12:19:30 pm »

So, opinions on SAO?

It's good. The books are better. It's a lot like Attack on Titan in that it's really hyped, but it's not as good as everyone says it is. It's still good, but not that good.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18035 on: June 26, 2014, 12:22:28 pm »

Black Lagoon doesn't have kids in except for a couple of episodes.

I was gonna say, but then I remembered Jim Hawking, but then I looked it up and apparently he's actually eleven years old. :P It certain is easy to forget that Jim is a kid, since he's more mature than Gene in most ways.

The kids aren't there for sexual reasons. Two of them have sexual reasons in their backstories, but that's just... Oh god...

Tears every time.

Likewise, the two children in Berserk are there respectively to help keep Guts from friendly-firing everyone when the armor starts to take over and occasionally bust out a big show of magical power, and to show how far shonen ideals will get you in a crapsack world. It's not about children being in a series (because that can work), it's about the stupid/creepy ways in which they're presented in certain genres.

So, opinions on SAO?
It's pretty decent mindless fun up until the end of Aincrad, then you can safely stop watching unless you want to see everything interesting about the series abandoned in favor of no consequences and the same old 'it's-okay-we're-actually-cousins-even-though-we-live-like-brother-and-sister' crap.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18036 on: June 26, 2014, 12:23:56 pm »

I think that the Aincrad arc was actually damn good, if a little... Deus ex Machina-ey at some points, particularly the end. It all foe downhill from there though, even with the turning off my brain.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18037 on: June 26, 2014, 12:29:11 pm »

Perhaps the thing that bothered me the most about the Sueishness of Kirito is the fact that he wore that same damned coat from level 1 through 50-something floors and who knows how many character levels without ever upgrading; it's perhaps the most obvious manifestation of his plot armor.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18038 on: June 26, 2014, 12:30:12 pm »

Actually, if you look, there are quite a few different coats he wears.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18039 on: June 26, 2014, 02:00:39 pm »

In all honesty I think SAO would have been more entertaining if they never found out who Heathcliff was. According to the author if they reached floor 90 then 8 more unique skills would get distributed to the playerbase, which could have given the rest of the cast time to shine.
It's FEF, not FEOF

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18040 on: June 26, 2014, 02:01:53 pm »

In all honesty I think SAO would have been more entertaining if they never found out who Heathcliff was. According to the author if they reached floor 90 then 8 more unique skills would get distributed to the playerbase, which could have given the rest of the cast time to shine.
8 more unique skills? Wonder what they were... unless the author stated that as well?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18041 on: June 26, 2014, 02:07:15 pm »

He only said the names of some of them. To quote the wiki

«Darkness Blade» (暗黒剣, Ankoku Ken?)
«Battoujutsu» (抜刀術? lit. "The art of drawing one's sword")
«Shurikenjutsu» (手裏剣術, lit. "The art of using a throwing star"?)
«Infinite Spear» (無限槍, Mugen Yari?)

In the video games there's also an archery unique skill iirc
It's FEF, not FEOF

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18042 on: June 26, 2014, 02:10:06 pm »

Darkness Blade: Have no clue, perphaps blinding opponents while dealing damage? Or being a ninja.
Battojutsu: I know this one. Drawing your sword absurdly fast and striking your opponent while still drawing.
Shurikenjutsu: Throwing stars, presumably.
Infinite Spear: Dual-wielding spears? or throwing them. Or maybe both.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18043 on: June 26, 2014, 02:24:24 pm »

I read an interesting theorizing somewhere that Darkness Blade might have been a incredibly high power attack skill at the cost of defense, to contrast with Holy Sword's status as the ultimate defensive skill.
It's FEF, not FEOF

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18044 on: June 26, 2014, 02:28:00 pm »

I read an interesting theorizing somewhere that Darkness Blade might have been a incredibly high power attack skill at the cost of defense, to contrast with Holy Sword's status as the ultimate defensive skill.
Hmm....
Opposites: Check.
Light vs Dark: Check.
DING DING DING! We have a winner!
It might be a ninja, though.
Pages: 1 ... 1201 1202 [1203] 1204 1205 ... 2193