Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1191 1192 [1193] 1194 1195 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3068432 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #17880 on: June 13, 2014, 05:29:00 pm »

I am continuing to watch Space Dandy. It continues to be great.

Season 2 starts next month!
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17881 on: June 14, 2014, 09:32:42 am »

King of Thorn was a movie I avoided like the plague- most simply because I really liked the manga, and heard that it simply doesn't do it justice.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #17882 on: June 14, 2014, 07:02:13 pm »

I am continuing to watch Space Dandy. It continues to be great.

Season 2 starts next month!

This is why I like watching shows really late and really slowly. By the time I'm done with the first season, the second one is already out! This strategy always works for me.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17883 on: June 14, 2014, 07:11:43 pm »

Reminds me when I played Freedom Force Versus the Third Reich and I INSTANTLY picked out who the villain was because he was ugly.

It is always funny when Anime does it too.
I don't know, anime villains can be pretty attractive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDEbsZpweDo

Not quite sure if you are serious or not.

Though yes villains can be good looking, but even then they tend to fall into certain appearances. (especially in the eye department)

Though my original statement wasn't about what tends to happen, but in that it is funny when it happens in anime too. When you can just pick out a bad guy because he happens to be unattractive.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17884 on: June 15, 2014, 04:02:26 am »

Last little bit about Mahouka, since what's bad about it is getting pretty repetitve and predictable. Apparently they've now totally forgotten that Tatsuya isn't supposed to have 'inherent' magic powers, all his powers have previously been shown to emanate from his special magical doohicky. Well, now they're completly dropped that restriction and he's been shown using his full suite of powers without even having his doohicky on him.

It's like a show about a kid with a magic sword that grants a range of abilities, and they suddenly forget to have him carrying the sword, but he still gets the powers.

Previously it was "disassemble a platoons worth of weapons by pushing a button" now it's the same but "by looking at you", which makes me wonder why he was shown pushing the button to make this ability to work previously.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:05:56 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17885 on: June 15, 2014, 04:08:49 am »

If it was from a BETTER series Reelya that would be the point.

That these devices aren't the actual source of his power it is either
A) a trick to give his enemies a weakness he doesn't have
or
B) It wasn't the devices that are the source of his powers, it is himself.

But this isn't a better series.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17886 on: June 15, 2014, 04:36:32 am »

Gary Sue: The Anime

He'll bust planets at the end the series, mark my words.
._.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17887 on: June 15, 2014, 04:52:16 am »

The really sad part is that this show is also slower than treacle, so he won't be busting any planets any time soon. This is possibly the most uneventful 'action' show I've ever watched, and it doesn't have witty dialogue or such that makes up for it.

More likely he'll develop planet-busting powers, but won't use them coz it's such a drag, just catalog them away in his library of "things I'm awesome at". Being awesome is just too hard, leave the poor emotionless robotic kid alone, he has enough trouble fending the fangirls off already.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This show would be a lot less annoying if stuff actually happened. That's probably the difference between this and SAO or Valvrave, those other two have plot holes and OP characters, but they throw enough action and cliffhangers at you that you don't really have time to dwell on the flaws.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 11:08:20 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17888 on: June 15, 2014, 10:59:32 am »

I am reminded of an anime I watched a while ago (but stopped due to the WORST HANDLED ARC EVER! that pissed me off so immensely that I still cannot stand to watch it more)... But what it did that NO anime, cartoon, or pretty much show ever does...

Is that it made the protagonist a product of their time.

Most shows that take place in the past (or fantasy past) tend to make the character a modern day character except in the past. Usually without any of the prejudices, superstitions, or ideologies of the time. Yet when this character is presented with a purely BS supernatural answer to an event that we the audience know is BS, this character actually takes it rather seriously because they aren't a modern day character thrust into the past.

Don't get me wrong though I understand it is there for a reason. Captain America would be a VERY awkward character to deal with if he believed half the WW2 era things he did (though he was always presented as sort of a idealist).

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17889 on: June 16, 2014, 09:52:13 am »

Rewatching Genesis of Aquarion. Still one of my favorite mecha shows ever.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #17890 on: June 16, 2014, 12:55:20 pm »

I've watched through the first ten episodes of Kenzen Robo Daimidaler. Kenzen means healthy, as in 'healthy young man'. Daimidaler translates roughly as 'great indecency'. The eponymous robot is powered by 'Hi-Ero particles' and has a seriously ugly design(but in a good way). Its opponents are the Penguin Empire, who seek to harvest Earth's Hi-Ero particles for their own ends. They don't have dicks, they have front tails, so it's not embarassing.

Can you guess the fanservice quotient of the show? Hint: It's high. That said, it's a pretty amusing comedy that's clearly heavily inspired by Go Nagai's works, right down to the rampant sexual harassment. It's also not afraid of fucking with your expectations a bit.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17891 on: June 16, 2014, 07:19:59 pm »

Just finished Getter Robo Armageddon. THAT WAS AWESOME! That moment when the Shin Dragon rose up with the Shin Getter riding on it was so cool.  If any of you guys liked Gurren Lagann and haven't seen this, I highly recommend it. The first three episodes are a bit difficult to get through, but the sheer awesome really starts shining through by episode 4.
It's FEF, not FEOF

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17892 on: June 19, 2014, 03:01:37 am »

Rewatching Genesis of Aquarion. Still one of my favorite mecha shows ever.
I agree that Genesis of Aquarion was good, but i myself liked EVOL a bit better, However I'll say it plain to any interested in either: Watch Genesis first, trust me, it helps you understand so much that EVOL doesn't bother touching up on. After all, EVOL is the sequel. lol.

On the note of Mech Anime with love-powered super robots flown by multiple pilots and etc...
I finally finished Eureka 7 and Eureka 7 AO, the series were both good but i'll say it plain the 50-ep first series was way better, however AO could've outdone it if they gave it just as many episodes.
...or that is to say E7AO left a few questions in me i wanted answers to versus the original E7 leaving only one or two.
Either way, the best part of E7 or E7AO was the music!
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17893 on: June 19, 2014, 11:40:49 am »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17894 on: June 19, 2014, 01:58:51 pm »

Eesh, EVOL annoyed me. The art was better, but most of the cast were unlikeable for one reason or another (except maybe the shy disappearing girl and the guy that heel-face-turned when he fell for her). Genesis just had so much good going for it that the worse-than-Initial-D-cars mechs were redeemable, whereas EVOL doesn't seem to have much except gorgeous visuals and occasional nods back to Genesis (the music, oh spirits... <3). I suppose it's a matter of opinion, though.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1191 1192 [1193] 1194 1195 ... 2193