Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1181 1182 [1183] 1184 1185 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3063823 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #17730 on: June 04, 2014, 02:59:43 pm »

Have you met Wolfwood yet? His story is heartbreaking, but it doesn't get told til later.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #17731 on: June 04, 2014, 03:02:04 pm »

Episode 3 - Peacemaker. Fucking favourite episode.

No Wolfwood yet, however.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17732 on: June 04, 2014, 04:47:14 pm »

Sorry if this is boring people but I just had to share another Mahouka snippet. In the latest episode we're treated to a scene where several girls are sitting in a bus, all praising the MC's manliness. What for? Doing something heroic? Not quite. He - get this - stood next to the bus holding a clipboard and taking rollcall. "wow", "not everyone could do that, and follow through with it" because it was really sunny apparently, and we all know only special people can stand in the sun.

Like wtf is with this writing?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17733 on: June 04, 2014, 05:09:02 pm »

Why are you still watching?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17734 on: June 04, 2014, 05:15:08 pm »

Bile fascination, mostly, I guess.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17735 on: June 04, 2014, 05:16:41 pm »

There's a difference between bad and so awful it becomes an art form in itself. Like how watching somebody assemble a table poorly is probably not very entertaining, but watching them Three Stooges it up can be.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17736 on: June 04, 2014, 05:21:35 pm »

Sorry if this is boring people but I just had to share another Mahouka snippet. In the latest episode we're treated to a scene where several girls are sitting in a bus, all praising the MC's manliness. What for? Doing something heroic? Not quite. He - get this - stood next to the bus holding a clipboard and taking rollcall. "wow", "not everyone could do that, and follow through with it" because it was really sunny apparently, and we all know only special people can stand in the sun.

Like wtf is with this writing?

This anime sounds like a special kind of bad, like Tommy Wiseau's The Room level of bad.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17737 on: June 04, 2014, 05:22:20 pm »

That's right, I'm watching quite a few airing series at the moment, a few are really good, most are mediocre or just bad. Only Mahouka makes my eyes bug out in disbelief, hence it's the one I comment about.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17738 on: June 04, 2014, 06:12:55 pm »

The Light Novel has extremely high ratings on Manga-Updates, so maybe he's like me and has to figure out

why

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17739 on: June 04, 2014, 06:15:14 pm »

I dunno. It's just baffling to me that anyone would waste that much time on something they hate.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17740 on: June 04, 2014, 06:36:53 pm »

Then there is the series views on discrimination, which are the most right-wing I've seen in just about any media. The course-2 hero points out "i really shouldn't have been in this class" and his sister protests the "unfair" nature of the entrance exam because it didn't properly measure he brother's skills - i.e. it's not that it's inherently bad to discriminate against low-scorers, it's just the scoring system was unfair because Mr Genius didn't get to be in the A-class.
This viewpoint really isn't too uncommon.  "Selective schooling is great, but in my/my child's case it was unfair and wrong".  Maybe it cost the author his chance to write real books and he's angry

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17741 on: June 04, 2014, 07:16:46 pm »

I dunno. It's just baffling to me that anyone would waste that much time on something they hate.
Watching it weekly helps. ~20 minutes a week is doable. If i was sitting there with the full 26 episodes, I probably wouldn't have bothered.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #17742 on: June 04, 2014, 07:21:52 pm »

It was good, not saying it's been a disappointment or anything. It's been simple so far, and I like simple... usually. The soundtrack and setting are both the best part for me so far.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17743 on: June 04, 2014, 07:37:38 pm »

It was good, not saying it's been a disappointment or anything. It's been simple so far, and I like simple... usually. The soundtrack and setting are both the best part for me so far.
It seems like that at first.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #17744 on: June 04, 2014, 08:01:41 pm »

It seems like that at first.
Yeah, I know. Every show needs time to pick up steam, there's not really any point in me bringing this stuff up when I'm so new to the series. I think the simplicity was only a shock because I just finished watching Ghost in the Shell: SAC. Somewhere in all the dire seriousness I think I forgot what anime was like. :P
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU
Pages: 1 ... 1181 1182 [1183] 1184 1185 ... 2193